This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Digital Foundry has PS4 specs!?

#31JonvandammPosted 1/18/2013 1:21:03 PM
With specs like that, I'm going to say the PS4 will launch from anywhere between $600-$749, maybe as high as $800. Hopefully not, but anything less than $600 will be another major loss for Sony, unless they plan on doing a high end model and a low end model, which costs less. Guess we'll have to wait and see.
---
http://youtu.be/iDlISIMyx04
#32RisingWaterPosted 1/18/2013 1:23:51 PM
Vita number 2.

Decent specs,nothing mind-blowing.PC guys have nothing to worry :)

But it really doesn't matter,

PS4 will produce amazing results if given enough time and budget.This gen has clearly shown that time and budgets are two things that have biggest influence on graphics output.Next gen will further solidify that.

Well,assuming you are not Wii
#33AntanxPosted 1/18/2013 1:29:27 PM
RisingWater posted...
Vita number 2.

PS4 will produce amazing results if given enough time and budget.This gen has clearly shown that time and budgets are two things that have biggest influence on graphics output.Next gen will further solidify that.

I'm pretty sure that only super high spec PC's will be able to run ported PS4 games. 360/PS3 games still take a lot of juice from higher end PC's even now, and with 4GB GDDR5, you're gonna need some crazy specs to keep up with that, considering only top of the range graphic cards have 2GB.
---
Ze Master of Disguise vill become ze be Master of ze Vorld! Ha ha ha!
#34icarus231Posted 1/18/2013 1:29:57 PM
RisingWater posted...
Vita number 2.

Sony doesnt have the money for big budgets anymore, they lost to much money on the ps3
#35RisingWaterPosted 1/18/2013 1:33:53 PM
Well,they can just sell a building or two :)
#36DaLaggaPosted 1/18/2013 1:44:56 PM
Antanx posted...
I'm pretty sure that only super high spec PC's will be able to run ported PS4 games. 360/PS3 games still take a lot of juice from higher end PC's even now, and with 4GB GDDR5, you're gonna need some crazy specs to keep up with that, considering only top of the range graphic cards have 2GB.

I don't know where you're getting this. You can run most x360/PS3 ports (at console equivalent settings) on a toaster. They do not push higher end rigs in the slightest. Even very low end gaming rigs these days will destroy the PS3/x360 in pretty much any multi-platform title. The only reason some multi-plaform games take a lot of horsepower on PC is because the PC version is running at much much higher settings.
#37carib2gPosted 1/18/2013 1:49:07 PM
Even with 8 cores, isn't 1.6ghz a bit underpowered? I was really hoping for 3.2ghz...

Was also hoping for 8gb Ram.

With that said though, I just want to see what Naughty Dog can do with it! The thought alone is making my mouth water...
---
Best of 2012: Sleeping Dogs, Mass Effect 3, Max Payne 3, Far Cry 3
Gamercard: http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/Carib2g.png
#38DiligentTreePosted 1/18/2013 2:03:40 PM
carib2g posted...
Even with 8 cores, isn't 1.6ghz a bit underpowered? I was really hoping for 3.2ghz...

Was also hoping for 8gb Ram.

With that said though, I just want to see what Naughty Dog can do with it! The thought alone is making my mouth water...

8GB RAM? I hope you're not thinking of GDDR5, because an ordinary 8GB GDDR5 card I find is $3,200.00!

Have you seen Agni's Philosophy? It looks fantastic, and Square themselves said it ran on a single GTX 680, which if I recall, has 2GB of GDDR5.

The PS4 will be absolutely fine, it has MORE than enough RAM.
---
This user is not offered for sale under any circumstances. No exceptions.
#39FearPotionPosted 1/18/2013 2:05:43 PM
Cool. The PS4 will be the most powerful system yet again and be ahead of M$.
#40JONlCSPosted 1/18/2013 2:07:47 PM
i believe sony has learned about pricing their system by now. the vita was fairly priced.
---
http://i.imgur.com/cBQMs.jpg