This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Digital Foundry has PS4 specs!?

#413D3Posted 1/18/2013 2:16:04 PM
DiligentTree posted...
carib2g posted...
Even with 8 cores, isn't 1.6ghz a bit underpowered? I was really hoping for 3.2ghz...

Was also hoping for 8gb Ram.

With that said though, I just want to see what Naughty Dog can do with it! The thought alone is making my mouth water...

8GB RAM? I hope you're not thinking of GDDR5, because an ordinary 8GB GDDR5 card I find is $3,200.00!

Have you seen Agni's Philosophy? It looks fantastic, and Square themselves said it ran on a single GTX 680, which if I recall, has 2GB of GDDR5.

The PS4 will be absolutely fine, it has MORE than enough RAM.

**** SE, just had to get that off my chest.
---
Because Naughty Dog
Joel+Ellie=Jelly...You Jelly?
#42XSilverPhoenixXPosted 1/18/2013 2:30:56 PM
Delicious RAM for my HD textures and every effect I want. Give it to me now!

Oh wait, lazy developers and their crappy antiquated abilities ruining everything.
#43FearPotionPosted 1/18/2013 2:46:24 PM
Jonvandamm posted...
With specs like that, I'm going to say the PS4 will launch from anywhere between $600-$749, maybe as high as $800. Hopefully not, but anything less than $600 will be another major loss for Sony, unless they plan on doing a high end model and a low end model, which costs less. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

The PS3 was expensive mainly due to the fact that it included the blu-ray drive which was the main reason at the time in driving the cost up. Not the specs. In a way blu-ray was a double edge sword for them. They lost some marketshare but it also played a major factor in blu-rays vs hd-dvd wars.

If the PS4 is sticking with blu-ray like we all think, it shouldn't be that expensive. Going for AMD over Nvidia is also a smart choice since Nvidia is always looking for additional incentives. I also heard about the usb dongle for PS2/PS3 backward compatibility. That's also great for those that want it. So I think Sony got the ball rolling in the right direction.
#44pixel378Posted 1/18/2013 2:51:00 PM
3D3 posted...
DiligentTree posted...
carib2g posted...
Even with 8 cores, isn't 1.6ghz a bit underpowered? I was really hoping for 3.2ghz...

Was also hoping for 8gb Ram.

With that said though, I just want to see what Naughty Dog can do with it! The thought alone is making my mouth water...

8GB RAM? I hope you're not thinking of GDDR5, because an ordinary 8GB GDDR5 card I find is $3,200.00!

Have you seen Agni's Philosophy? It looks fantastic, and Square themselves said it ran on a single GTX 680, which if I recall, has 2GB of GDDR5.

The PS4 will be absolutely fine, it has MORE than enough RAM.

**** SE, just had to get that off my chest.

Until they release FF13-versus and KH3 I agree.
---
MGO- Mr. Detroit
#45Deathx113Posted 1/18/2013 2:52:02 PM
Holy cow!!!

None of that means anything to me! xD

Is that good?...
---
Mods thinking: "Alright, well I'm going to delete this topic, but first let me delete as many of these posts as I can! HohoMwahahhaha!!"
#46Pendragoon(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 5:26:07 PM
FearPotion posted...
Jonvandamm posted...
With specs like that, I'm going to say the PS4 will launch from anywhere between $600-$749, maybe as high as $800. Hopefully not, but anything less than $600 will be another major loss for Sony, unless they plan on doing a high end model and a low end model, which costs less. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

The PS3 was expensive mainly due to the fact that it included the blu-ray drive which was the main reason at the time in driving the cost up. Not the specs. In a way blu-ray was a double edge sword for them. They lost some marketshare but it also played a major factor in blu-rays vs hd-dvd wars.

If the PS4 is sticking with blu-ray like we all think, it shouldn't be that expensive. Going for AMD over Nvidia is also a smart choice since Nvidia is always looking for additional incentives. I also heard about the usb dongle for PS2/PS3 backward compatibility. That's also great for those that want it. So I think Sony got the ball rolling in the right direction.

The GPU cost more than the blu-ray drive. The GPU, CPU, and Bluray Drive cost about $320 all together.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#47ExtremeLightPosted 1/18/2013 5:28:27 PM
PENDRAG0ON posted...
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/df-hardware-orbis-unmasked-what-to-expect-from-next-gen-console

Orbis
AMD Jaguar 8 core cpu @ 1.6ghz
4gb GDDR5 (512mb to OS)
Radeon HD7970M-based GPU @ 800mhz 18GCN CU

More details in the link above.

A lot of sites have Ps4/ 720 specs lmao.
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!
#48lambchipsPosted 1/18/2013 5:30:42 PM
its not that powerful... but then again nothing is anymore (when it comes to electronic toys... im still fasinated by cameras though)

im interested in the price most of all
---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
#49iPr0kkaFTWPosted 1/18/2013 5:31:22 PM
ExtremeLight posted...
PENDRAG0ON posted...
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/df-hardware-orbis-unmasked-what-to-expect-from-next-gen-console

Orbis
AMD Jaguar 8 core cpu @ 1.6ghz
4gb GDDR5 (512mb to OS)
Radeon HD7970M-based GPU @ 800mhz 18GCN CU

More details in the link above.

A lot of sites have Ps4/ 720 specs lmao.

And the info comes from a reliable and respectable site unlike a random blog. Eurogamer knows what they're talking about and the info they have provided must be true.
#50SoliquidusPosted 1/18/2013 5:36:42 PM
DiligentTree posted...
este914 posted...
DiligentTree posted...
4GB GDDR5?! Holy hell, that is impossibly crazy. The newest graphic cards which cost ridiculous amounts only have around 2GB.

The new Xbox is rumored to have 8GB DDR3 (with 3GB reserved for the OS), which is horribly slow and obsolete compared to the new PS4. I hope that changes.

Why do you hope that changes?

Well, 4GB GDDR5 blows 8GB DDR3 out of the water in so many aspects. Multi-platform games will have to follow the faults of the new Xbox and will never really utilize the power of GDDR5. :/

PS4 exclusives will look amazing, though.

Uncharted 4, Gran Turismo 6 and the next God of War will destroy on the Orbis
---
PS3 without Immersion lacks Rumble and PS3 without Rumble lacks Immersion. Finally Sony did the right thing