This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Solutions to a non-backwards compatible ps4?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Solutions to a non-backwards compatible ps4?
3 years ago#1
So with chances of the Ps4 having ps3 BC, I was thinking it may be time to consider alternatives...

My personal preference would come in the form of an App either pre-loaded or downloadable from psn which, upon having a ps3 disc inserted would enable you to download the psn version for free (provided there IS a psn version).

I'm assuming space won't be TOO much of an issue next gen....Hell I'd probably even pay a time fee for such a service. Although knowing sony....they'd probably try to milk it as much as possible..
PSN: eh-jhey
3 years ago#2
PC emulation. Honestly, it's almost always better than using consoles in the first place. I won't need B/C if that comes to fruition.
3 years ago#3
deprofundis442 posted...
PC emulation. Honestly, it's almost always better than using consoles in the first place. I won't need B/C if that comes to fruition.

Good luck waiting for a decent PS3 emulator, considering the architecture of the console (Cell processor). In terms of emulation, the PS3 may end up like the Saturn, which didn't see a decent emulator until many years after it ceased to exist.
3 years ago#4
keep your PS3?
Silent Hill's Darkest
3 years ago#5
Darkive posted...
keep your PS3?

i think that is the cheapest and more convenient option but when sony starts to cease production of the ps3 that won't be a option anymore.
UK Female Gamer
PC specs: AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD6670 8GB RAM 1TB HDD Youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/HUYI1
3 years ago#6
I really get the feeling that it'll have BC. They can't seriously expect us to keep PS2's and PS3's around for the next gen.
3 years ago#7
Cry
Only Me
3 years ago#8
duct tape. Lots of it.
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
3 years ago#9
huyi posted...
Darkive posted...
keep your PS3?

i think that is the cheapest and more convenient option but when sony starts to cease production of the ps3 that won't be a option anymore.

Keeping your PS3 won't be an option when production stops?
3 years ago#10
OrangeSchweese posted...
I really get the feeling that it'll have BC. They can't seriously expect us to keep PS2's and PS3's around for the next gen.

Why can't my blu-ray player play VHS? They can't seriously expect me to keep my VCR for years.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Solutions to a non-backwards compatible ps4?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived