This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Questions about Playstation plus...

#1J_StationPosted 1/18/2013 1:18:45 PM
Okay I'm thinking about getting it but idk but first i have a couple of questions:

I know when you "buy" free games if you cancel your subscription you can no longer play those games but does that count for priced games too?

Also for both subscriptions do you have to pay that amount monthly for that price? For example if I got the 3 month subscription would I have to pay $17.99 a month or just $17.99 for the whole 3 monthes?
---
Don't waste your life doing nothing but instead something.
#2theshovellerPosted 1/18/2013 1:21:29 PM
1. If you paid so much as a penny for the game, in addition to your Plus membership, it's your forever, regardless of if you have a Plus sub that's active or not.

2. That price isn't per-month, or else who would get the $59.99 / 12 months package? That $17.99 is for three months, and auto-renews that three-months at that price when your sub is up. Same with the $59.99 package (or whatever the price is for a year) - once your year's up, it auto-renews for the next year at that price.
#3tactikz4Posted 1/18/2013 1:22:42 PM
When u are plus member and BUY anything with your money you LOSE anything, meaning you will still have access to it even if your subscription expired. But when you downlaod something free for instance in the Instant game collection, you wont be able to play those games once your subscription ends.

And also that 17.99 is for the whole 3months, if u want to buy something you will need money.
---
PSN/Battlelog: tactikz4
BF3/Black Ops 2 My Fav Multiplayer.
#4GensokyoPosted 1/18/2013 1:23:19 PM
It's $17.99 total for the whole 3 months, and only the games you got for free stops working after the subscription ends. Anything you paid for is yours to keep.
#5keybladeXIIIPosted 1/18/2013 1:23:40 PM
I know when you "buy" free games if you cancel your subscription you can no longer play those games but does that count for priced games too?

No, you keep games you buy just as normal. Also, you get to keep games you buy from PS+ deals at discounted price.

Also for both subscriptions do you have to pay that amount monthly for that price? For example if I got the 3 month subscription would I have to pay $17.99 a month or just $17.99 for the whole 3 monthes?

17.99 for 3 months and then I think it's 9 dollars every month after that BUT if you don't want to get charged monthly all you have to do is turn off "Automatic Funding" from the account management menu.
---
I hate seeing sigs with PC specs on them.
PSN: tookhster ------ Proud owner of a Wii, PS3, 360, 3DS, Vita, and now a Wii U!
#6DemonicDracoPosted 1/18/2013 2:10:22 PM
eek at 17.99 a month i wouldn't even consider it.....
---
Beauty is the only truth in this world.
#7An0therBKPosted 1/18/2013 3:05:41 PM
Go with the year. It's the same as xboxlive. But atleast with playstation you get to download games. I've definately got my money's worth this past year.
---
Gamertag and PSN=LEPRACHAUN31783