This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

In some scenes, this games cutscenes is as stunning as the Agni demo?

#1HerrxPosted 1/18/2013 2:34:22 PM
Try to see this video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwPPp1rDtDo

The scenes, espcially with King Bohan is almost as good as the graphic in the agni demo released by Square Enix. If they we just at a bit higher resolution, these scenes would be as tecnically stunning. I really cannot understand how the PS3 was able to pull this off, even so early in its lifetime. Do you agree?
---
Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine - Humphrey Bogart - Casablanca
#2SykostuffPosted 1/18/2013 2:42:33 PM
I think you need a new pair of glasses.
---
Religion is the single most destructive creation of the human race.
#3private400Posted 1/18/2013 3:00:47 PM
Heavenly sword is still looking great today and a preview of what would be possible on Ps3.

However heres a few things why AP is more impressive

the old mans beard has every hair in it rendered and moving independently of each other.

during the creation of the dragon notice the millions of particle's flying around rendered in real time

After the woman splashes something over her hand and is in pain,notice the dust being kicked up from the ground ?

the character model is making that happen ,it is not pre programmed to do that .
---
you don't really know a woman 'til you've had a strong drink and a fistfight with her. - nord wisdom from utgherd the unbroken
#4Herrx(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 3:26:18 PM
Remember that the agni demo, a 5 minutes long video, took 12 months to make. Now MGS4 has 9 hour of cutscenes - imagine how long that would take? Games will not look as good as the agni demo in the next generation. There are two elements to this. Time and money. Imagine the budget if a game had 9 hours of cutscenes and it looked as good as the Agni demo !
---
Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine - Humphrey Bogart - Casablanca
#5ScreamingMidgetPosted 1/18/2013 3:29:00 PM
Sykostuff posted...
I think you need a new pair of glasses.
#6SsliasilPosted 1/18/2013 3:54:25 PM
Herrx posted...
Remember that the agni demo, a 5 minutes long video, took 12 months to make. Now MGS4 has 9 hour of cutscenes - imagine how long that would take? Games will not look as good as the agni demo in the next generation. There are two elements to this. Time and money. Imagine the budget if a game had 9 hours of cutscenes and it looked as good as the Agni demo !

1.) It took 9 months to fine tune the engine, not to simply make the demo.

2.) Agni looks several hundred times better than MGS cutscenes O.o you crazy?
---
"Ya know?" Wakka FF X and X-2.
#7deprofundis442Posted 1/18/2013 4:00:58 PM
Herrx posted...

Engine design and programming took about 3/4 of that time.
#8Banjo2553Posted 1/18/2013 4:02:29 PM(edited)
Ssliasil posted...
Herrx posted...

1.) It took 9 months to fine tune the engine, not to simply make the demo.

2.) Agni looks several hundred times better than MGS cutscenes O.o you crazy?

On the second point, I think he was just saying that making a similar demo that lasted nine hours could be incredibly long and expensive. He wasn't comparing the two saying that MGS4 has comparable graphics.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#9TehRYNOLPosted 1/18/2013 4:49:25 PM
deprofundis442 posted...
Herrx posted...

Engine design and programming took about 3/4 of that time.

Also, the team behind the video wasn't particularly large.
---
Official Gas Station of the Versus/Agito boards. | PSN: Gowow20
Not changing sig until Dr. Dre releases Detox! Started: October 13th 2009