This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sony is not copying Nintendo.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Sony is not copying Nintendo.

User Info: PangLa

PangLa
4 years ago#1
They patented touch screen controller back in 2010, way before the Wii U got announced.

http://ps3.mmgn.com/Forums/Playstation-3-Hardware/Sony-touch-screen-controller-patent

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2012/02/sony_patented_a_wii_u_style_controller_too

Nintendo fanboys, you fail again.

User Info: PhaseSlaethe

PhaseSlaethe
4 years ago#2
They ARE copying Nintendo.

You can patent whatever you want. Until you've actually USED it, your patent is as worthless as a diet consultant for Kirstie Alley.

User Info: AceAndJunpei

AceAndJunpei
4 years ago#3
Lol @ SDF Reassurance Squad coming in to pretend Sony couldn't innovate it's way out of a paper bag since the PS2:)
Now Playing:Touch My Katamari (Vita), NSMB U (WiiU), Dishonored (360), UMvC3 (Vita) Shadows of the Damned(PS3)

User Info: servb0ts

servb0ts
4 years ago#4
reassurance topic.
PSN Qornut. Own Nintendo & Sony systems. 08/18/11 R.I.P Megaman Legends 3
If PS4 Bans Used Games, It will Die Faster than PSPGO. Like ET

User Info: _WolfBro_

_WolfBro_
4 years ago#5
the playstation eyetoy for the ps2 was released in October 2003.

i would say that sony was just enhancing that feature with an easy to use and well tested single handed to two handed remote.

User Info: Cidastor

Cidastor
4 years ago#6
What I don't understand is they likely wouldn't be able to sell a new console with a Wii U like controller cheaper or at the same price as a Wii U so why bother? Why not simply keep gaining speed with what you do good for right now? Doesn't make sense.
You can't discuss the pros and cons about anything now a days without someone complaining.

User Info: Draconas_Lyrr

Draconas_Lyrr
4 years ago#7
Reminds me of the whole Wii/Move thing a while back, and the fact that Sony started R&D on the Move before Nintendo started with the Wii..
PSN: Draconas_Lyrr
I'll never look at an apple the same way again..

User Info: regsantotomas

regsantotomas
4 years ago#8
I don't really care who copies whom or who thought of it first.

What matters to me is that they take these ideas and execute; providing a good solution to consumers.
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego

User Info: true_gamer80

true_gamer80
4 years ago#9
nintendo uses discs...man are thy copying other companies bigtime...nintendo didnt strt as a vg company...man they sure like to copy other companies jumping into video games....nintendo went to HD....man do thy copy....nintendo finally has a proper online setup...wht dont thy copy geez? am I playing this stupid game right?

seriously the ignorance, nonsense and stupidity is at new levels at gf
Real Hip Hop...I miss the 90's-Puppets Of Chaos - Tru Dat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqxBDN-cv08

User Info: muggy

muggy
4 years ago#10
Didnt Nintendo just catch up with HD?
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Sony is not copying Nintendo.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived