This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Free to Play is NOT the Future

#21AnonymousFriendPosted 1/19/2013 12:57:56 PM
Name me one game that you felt was missing some when played with the knowledge that there was more content available for it.
---
Nothing is over-rated. Your opinion is just outnumbered.
PSN ID/Gamertag - AnonymousFriend
#22Ryphis_DemeanorPosted 1/19/2013 12:59:04 PM
Pay to Play.

Soma pills are ready for purchase!

ORDER NOW
#23backguard222(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 12:12:01 PM
Name me one game that you felt was missing some when played with the knowledge that there was more content available for it.

Capcom x Street Fighter
#24BeknessPosted 1/20/2013 12:14:41 PM
The future isn't now. It's the present now.
---
Push it to the limit, With no one left to stand in your way
you might get careless, but you'll never be safe while you still feel it
#25ExtremeLightPosted 1/20/2013 12:16:58 PM
AnonymousFriend posted...

DC universe online, FFXIII-2, WWE '13, PS home, etc.
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!
#26Shy420Posted 1/20/2013 12:18:15 PM
backguard222 posted...
The future is making customers pay full price for a base game and then nickel and diming them with extra content.

NOT giving customers them the game for free.

And the future is now.

Lament you poor souls. Break out your classic consoles and cleanse your hearts.

And now that's the past.
---
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My life is my own.
#27stalepie29Posted 1/20/2013 12:23:19 PM
What about arcade titles that charge you small amounts of money per play, like a shooting game and it costs 5 for first play, 10 for second play, and 25 for every continued play; you own it when you beat it or achieve a high score.
#28AnonymousFriendPosted 1/20/2013 4:24:24 PM
AnonymousFriend posted...

Don't know what happened but this was supposed to say:

Name one game that felt like something was missing when you played it without the knowledge that there was more content available for it.

As in, was the asking price, Day One or Day One Hundred, worth it for the base product?
---
Nothing is over-rated. Your opinion is just outnumbered.
PSN ID/Gamertag - AnonymousFriend
#29Z2488Posted 1/20/2013 5:06:04 PM
BloodyBooger posted...
iPr0kkaFTW posted...
*goes back to playing Planetside 2*

i've played this for about 12 hours so far, it's incredible for a free game. the things you can do, the scale of the environment & battles. there's really nothing else like it.

If you play lots of shooters, you can't say you've been in a huge battle until you paratroop into an enemy base with 40 other players to open up the gates to the column of 120 friendly tanks stretching into the horizon. I really hope Planetside 2 shows up on the next gen consoles, because it will blow the mind of anybody who thinks 12v12 is big.

And the best part is everything you unlock is a side grade, and dependent on preference. As long as you learn the game mechanics and upgrade your armor once or twice(earned without cash in an hour or two), you don't need to buy anything to have fun.
---
i5 2500k at 4.5ghz - EVGA GTX 670 - MSI Z68A-GD80 - Seasonic X 750W - GSkill 16GB - Crucial m4 128GB - NZXT Beta EVO