This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Tomb Raider Trophies/Achievements require extensive time in multiplayer

#1PhaseBlackPosted 1/18/2013 4:53:23 PM
http://stickskills.com/2013/01/18/tomb-raider-achievements-leak-require-extensive-time-in-multiplayer/

The Achievements leaked and show just how much the new Tomb Raider is focused on multiplayer.
---
PSVita & 3DS
#2mogar002Posted 1/18/2013 4:54:00 PM
QoS all over again
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
#3OnDiscDLCPosted 1/18/2013 4:55:17 PM
Okay and?
#4Video_Game_CzarPosted 1/18/2013 4:55:34 PM
Like I've said before, and I've been right before...People will play it for a month and then never play it again.

Why waste the time on something that will be dead as dirt only weeks after it's release? Because when I think Tomb Raider...Hot damn, But I think of multiplayer...
---
PSN: VideoGameCzar l XBL: VideoGameCzar l Steam: TheVideoGameCzar
#5RioichiCooperPosted 1/18/2013 4:59:15 PM
I was afraid of this. I don't think these multiplayer trophies should count toward a platinum. Anyone who doesn't have that trophy when the servers are shut down can't get it.
---
If your accuracy is over 10%, you're trying too hard.
#6SomnusNemorisPosted 1/18/2013 5:01:21 PM
Video_Game_Czar posted...
Why waste the time on something that will be dead as dirt only weeks after it's release? Because when I think Tomb Raider...Hot damn, But I think of multiplayer...

This.

I'm sick to death of tacked on multiplayer these days. The majority of the time, the money would have been better spent focussing on single player.

Even for things like Uncharted 2, where the single player couldn't have possibly been better, I'd still rather they'd left out multiplayer so ND could have saved the money and put it towards and moved on to their next project quicker.
#7thisranksPosted 1/18/2013 5:09:18 PM
While it's disappointing to hear it's not like it shouldn't have been expected. It would have been much more disappointing if it were a RPG, though.
---
Elf this....Elf that....I'll Elf your mother.
Yuki Nagato FTW
#8sight094Posted 1/18/2013 5:16:06 PM
great... now i have to play multiplayer to get platinum... Smart Move on their part since this will be another way to keep the mulitplayer alive for awhile... especially with reaching lv60 :(
#9regsantotomasPosted 1/18/2013 5:17:05 PM
I don't plan on playing Tomb Raider's multiplayer and this information has no effect on buying decision whatsoever.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#10xenosaga123Posted 1/18/2013 5:21:14 PM
anyone can complete the campaign. the true accomplishments that deserve trophies and considered achievements are multiplayer based. Multiplayer fans will play longer than single player fans anyway.