This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Tomb Raider Trophies/Achievements require extensive time in multiplayer

#51IChangedMyNamePosted 1/18/2013 8:15:50 PM
MlREFOX posted...
Already confirmed that single player is exactly the same game with or without multi. Multiplayer was designated to Eidos Montreal who used a completely separate budget. Your claim is simply not true. The multiplayer could be good or bad, but it had zero impact on the development of single player.

I've heard it all before man, its call publicist, of course they will say that... Why would they admit its harmful to the product?

Seriously, them saying it is like the church telling me god exist, seriously, he does....
---
I play a lil bit of everything on a lil bit of everything.
Not changing this until we get a Viewtiful Joe 3 or HD collection of VJ 1&2 (started 8/14/12)
#52SomnusNemorisPosted 1/19/2013 2:29:34 AM
CammyApple posted...
Sorry that's the truth. Give up if you want.

Nope, it's not the truth. Quite opposite in fact. I've already explained, that it is a FACT that multiplayer costs resources, and as terrible a poster as you are, I will assume that even you can acknowledge that fact; so let's move on:

If those resources weren't going to be put into multiplayer, they will, by the most basic of logical reasoning, be available for other use.

I also don't care about Trophies, so you and that little drama queen Rob can attack a strawman all day.
#53GoatJugSoupPosted 1/19/2013 2:36:23 AM
Still gonna buy it but I'm gonna have a sad face every time I see my incomplete trophies for it -_- I hate online trophies they should be illegal.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/goatjugsoup1278
GW2 Character Name: Ranger Goat of Yogi, Guild: Knights of Chicken
#54TheRatedR_ViperPosted 1/19/2013 5:15:10 AM(edited)
CammyApple posted...
Sorry that's the truth. Give up if you want.

Nope, it's not the truth. Quite opposite in fact. I've already explained, that it is a FACT that multiplayer costs resources, and as terrible a poster as you are, I will assume that even you can acknowledge that fact; so let's move on:

If those resources weren't going to be put into multiplayer, they will, by the most basic of logical reasoning, be available for other use.

I also don't care about Trophies, so you and that little drama queen Rob can attack a strawman all day.

Yeah, Multiplayer for some other game... It's not like they stuck some important team that was making single player games on this. It's ... their MP division ... basically their job lol.
---
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/member/RobKojder
http://i.imgur.com/5mZwC.gif
#55LightningSkyPosted 1/19/2013 5:21:39 AM
xenosaga123 posted...
anyone can complete the campaign. the true accomplishments that deserve trophies and considered achievements are multiplayer based. Multiplayer fans will play longer than single player fans anyway.

Yeah, it seems like they are just giving out trophies in most games.
#56Smash MasterPosted 1/19/2013 5:41:17 AM
GoatJugSoup posted...
Still gonna buy it but I'm gonna have a sad face every time I see my incomplete trophies for it -_- I hate online trophies they should be illegal.

QFT. "Play one match online" is fine, the rank ones, not so much, and while they don't appear to be present here, don't even get me started on winstreak trophies.
---
This is a sig, woo.
http://z7.invisionfree.com/If_They_Were/index.php?act=idx
#57SomnusNemorisPosted 1/19/2013 9:09:23 AM
TheRatedR_Viper posted...
Yeah, Multiplayer for some other game... It's not like they stuck some important team that was making single player games on this. It's ... their MP division ... basically their job lol.

And guess what, that mutilplayer team costs resources. But because they're a multiplayer team, they couldn't possibly ever switch to single player right? You're such a back-pedaller as well; I remember you whining, something you do often, about multiplayer yourself. You even lauded Rocksteady for refusing to put it in Arkahm City. Lol Robertowned.
#58mjc0961Posted 1/19/2013 9:23:54 AM
Alky88 posted...
SomnusNemoris posted...
Video_Game_Czar posted...
Why waste the time on something that will be dead as dirt only weeks after it's release? Because when I think Tomb Raider...Hot damn, But I think of multiplayer...

This.

I'm sick to death of tacked on multiplayer these days. The majority of the time, the money would have been better spent focussing on single player.

Even for things like Uncharted 2, where the single player couldn't have possibly been better, I'd still rather they'd left out multiplayer so ND could have saved the money and put it towards and moved on to their next project quicker.

Honestly this isn't true. At best the money spent on multiplayer development would be put on other games and not on single player.
In TR's case the multiplayer was developed by Eidos Montreal and not CD so the budget was different and put there exclusively for these multiplayer modes.

Learn to read, that was exactly his point. The money could have been spent on new projects instead of a multiplayer mode. And the same goes for TR. Square Enix could have used that money on another game entirely rather than funding a multiplayer mode for a game that doesn't need one with a fanbase that never asked for one.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#59mjc0961Posted 1/19/2013 9:27:05 AM
CammyApple posted...
Also Goldeneye 64 and Gears of War had tacked on multiplayer and both are highly regarded.

Goldeneye 64 is highly regarded by people with bad taste in games... For example, the kind of people who would say that Gears of War had a tacked on multiplayer mode. What's next, Call of Duty had tacked on multiplayer?
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#60mjc0961Posted 1/19/2013 9:29:30 AM
Smash Master posted...
GoatJugSoup posted...

QFT. "Play one match online" is fine, the rank ones, not so much, and while they don't appear to be present here, don't even get me started on winstreak trophies.

And the luck ones. I love Rockstar as a developer, but the achievement hunter in me still wishes that everyone responsible for the creation of the "In A Van Down By The River" achievement be struck dead. First of all, you have to actually find people playing poker online. Then it's completely luck based, you just have to never fold and hope to hell the game smiles upon you and lets you unlock that POS.
---