This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PSN is still not up, is Sony done?

#31vidalmorazaPosted 1/19/2013 10:29:47 AM
Impaired Medic posted...
PSN has been working for me since maintenance started.

Terrible attempt at trolling, by the way. You'd have an easier time with more than one active message.

Today is 2 days down for me, I been playing my Wii U and the 3DS, but still, maybe not for all, but for some the service has been down almost 48 hours, when it started it was just 12 hours for maintenance....
---
XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: VidalukoVet
(most)This gen games: http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b245/VIdaluko/DSC00631.jpg
#32SophisticationPosted 1/19/2013 11:56:56 AM
Nightmare637 posted...
Sophistication posted...
Who cares? Cry babies... All of Sony's fans have a severe lack of dependency on them and online pointless kill, kill, kill, pew, pew, pew deathmatches. Lame and pointless. Go outside, find a girl... Build a card-house or foil ball.

foil ball?

http://starstorage.blob.core.windows.net/archives/2008/4/7/lifeliving/p3foilBall.jpg

Yes, foil ball.
---
As a sophistocrat I am here to represent my fellow like minded Sophisticated gamers with judicious topics & post that spark debate.
PSN: Sophistocrat
#33TheRealPhattyJPosted 1/19/2013 12:35:36 PM
yem69420 posted...
Mr_Joshua_1978 posted...
yes there done, have been for a while. There is no reason sony shouldnt go the way of sega and just make software.

This would be awful. We'd be trapped in a world where one console (MS/360) makes you pay 50 dollars a month for terrible service and ads all over your console, and the other (Nintendo) can't even get an accounts system set up across their platforms for redownloads. You have got to be joking if you think Sony doesn't have the best of the current online services, even with these problems.

Umm I'd be cool with MS, Nintendo, and PC ruling all. I've never paid more than 38 bucks a year to play on 360, and guess what, its online service is so much better than PS3 it isn't even funny. They have demos for about every game, they have party chat which is pretty awesome if you have friends irl, it doesn't "shut down for maintenence" (for extended periods of time) and it didn't get DDOS'd for 3 months or however long. I'm not poor so I can fork out the 35-40 bucks a year to avoid all of that. And guess what has just started to appear on PSN? Ads! Keep on defending your crap service because it is free (just like PC btw, and PC is more reliable) and I'll keep on playing my online games on systems that don't go down for extended periods of time. From now on my PS3 will be used for japanese games and exclusives only and I will not buy a ps4. I bet you don't even have a 360 from the sounds of it, and I know you don't have a gaming PC.

Nintendo and Microsoft should do this as well and we can all buy jacked up PCs and just be done with this mess. It's getting harder and harder to justify a game console these days.

I agree with this to a certain extent. Maybe valve/steam will actually come out with their consoles and console gamers can buy them to play PC games if they want to. That would be the only way for that to work, because there are just simply too many people that won't fork out the extra cash to play on PC. Consoles are holding PC games back, do you realize how much better PC games would look if companies didn't have to make console ports? PC is gaming is largely held back because of the demand of console games.

Um, I'm on my 2nd xbox/3rd dvd drive and have a 3.4gig quad core with 16 gigs of ram/2 gigs gddr5. There is absolutely nothing on xbox live that isn't on beyond your stupid party chat. If I want to talk to my friends...I call them. It's a useless feature.

And yea, it's so AWESOME how every time xbox live gets hacked they leave it up and don't notify their user base, thereby leaving everyone on it exponentially more vulnerable.

My paid service (ps+) has given me close to a grand in free games this year. Your paid service let you use the online portion of your games (that you couldn't had you not paid). Gee, which sounds better....
#34Nightmare637Posted 1/19/2013 12:43:41 PM
Sophistication posted...
Nightmare637 posted...
Sophistication posted...
Who cares? Cry babies... All of Sony's fans have a severe lack of dependency on them and online pointless kill, kill, kill, pew, pew, pew deathmatches. Lame and pointless. Go outside, find a girl... Build a card-house or foil ball.

foil ball?

http://starstorage.blob.core.windows.net/archives/2008/4/7/lifeliving/p3foilBall.jpg

Yes, foil ball.

lol, holy s***
---
PSN:Nightmare637
#35yem69420Posted 1/20/2013 5:31:26 PM
If I want to talk to my friends...I call them. It's a useless feature.

So you still have chained 3-way calls with all your buddies on the telephone? I remember 8th grade too.

My paid service (ps+) has given me close to a grand in free games this year. Your paid service let you use the online portion of your games (that you couldn't had you not paid). Gee, which sounds better....

I have ps+. Close to a grand in games? LOL. Only if you like crappy games (except for a few) and you are like 2 years behind. Most of those games I can buy for 20 bucks or less, and I've already played everything on there except for a few indie games. Find a psn+ game that was less than 1 year old before they added it to PS+ that was a major release. I just got "Darksiders" this week. You know how long ago Darksiders was released? Neither do I, but I remember beating it when it was $9.99 on steam, a long time ago. Resident Evil 5 whoo hoo! Bioshock 2 yay I beat that 3 years ago! I could keep going, but if you don't see my point yet, you're obviously never on your PC for steam sales.
---
psn, steam: yem69420