This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

any screen on a controller is too damn much... wiiu

#1SophisticationPosted 1/18/2013 7:36:36 PM
Proves that with its 2 hour battery life. Pathetic... Ps4 can't have all that rumoured power and toss it away with some bulky, intrusive, unintuitive tablet controller. I would be alright with a more integrated move controller/dual shock combo... but if it has a battery eating screen... count me out.
---
As a sophistocrat I am here to represent my fellow like minded Sophisticated gamers with judicious topics & post that spark debate.
PSN: Sophistocrat
#2Admiral_XyesPosted 1/18/2013 7:43:16 PM
That does sound annoying but I have seen a lot of good points about screens in the controllers. Splitscreen now made better, things like ZombieU, touch functionality. It has so much appeal.
#3MegaMettaurPosted 1/18/2013 7:44:25 PM
a touchscreen on the controller is extremely useful.
---
(VITA): DJ Max Technika Tune. (Ps3): Infamous 2, KoF. PSN: Roksor.
(PC): Mabinogi, Lunatic Rave 2
#4Sophistication(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 7:46:23 PM
MegaMettaur posted...
a touchscreen on the controller is extremely useful.

So is the 2 hour battery life... my buddy has a wiiu, charges that damn tablet more than he plays with it. It takes 3 to 4 hours to fully change by the way.
---
As a sophistocrat I am here to represent my fellow like minded Sophisticated gamers with judicious topics & post that spark debate.
#5HIroChuPosted 1/18/2013 7:48:32 PM
A touch screen on a controller seems like a good idea. It sounds annoying to recharge it every so often though
#6idrc82Posted 1/18/2013 7:49:05 PM
Dont know where 2hrs came from but i get 4-5 hours. But i suppose there are some who game more than that in a session but even so you can still play while charging and the charge cable is lengthy. As far as looks go it can be unappealing, i was lile wtf!!! When i first saw it but it is comfty to hold and use.
---
3ds fc: 0817-4077-5176
Psn/wii u id: xGambloRx
#7xhelplessxPosted 1/18/2013 7:49:11 PM
I loved the VMU for the Dreamcast thats the only experience I've had with a screen on a controller. I could see plenty of uses for it if you and a buddy or two are playing madden you could hide your play or playing texas hold em you would be able to hide your cards. Playing a game on the controller when the wife wants to watch TV. I think it should great. Is battery life really the only reason you wouldn't dig the controller? Plus I'm pretty sure it would be more than 2 hours.
#8Sophistication(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 10:26:58 PM
All I know is he spends 4 hours charging just to play for 2 to 3 hours. It's pathetic. Sony needs to not go this route.
---
#9BeknessPosted 1/18/2013 10:29:45 PM
Yeah, I definitely hope they don't go this way. Things are seemingly getting closer and closer to Apple.

I hate the battery life on all these things, too. What's the point to just charge it all the time. They do realize people want to actually play stuff, right?

The splitscreen thing is one argument, but I've gotten by just fine without it for many many years. As for "the other person can't see what you're doing", when I'm playing Splitscreen, I focus on my own damn screen, I've never had a problem with doing so, my eyes just naturally focus there. You spend too much time looking at another dude's screen, you're gonna lose.
---
Flaming Bek
#10SolarJamPosted 1/18/2013 10:35:25 PM
The screen is very handy. Although, I would like Sony to go a different route, if only to differentiate themselves.
---
For BlackOps 2, PASBR,Uncharted 3,Top 10s, Sonic Racing: http://www.youtube.com/user/MrCoolGaming
Top 10 Games that Need Sequel: http://youtu.be/PcWC1T5uIgg