This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Slow, Excruciating Death Of Final Fantasy

#111chaosflame108Posted 1/19/2013 3:05:48 PM
Fixed. You can't call a game a blunder that hasn't been released yet.

-___- lol wow, this thread is about the apparent death of the F I N A L F A N T A S Y series. Last time i checked, dragon quest and 3rd birthday weren't FF games.

Because the people that played it can vouch for it and say it has a non cringe worthy storyline unlike the XIII series, and you can actually control all your characters in battle on the fly, can explore the world, airships, useable summons, sidemissions, there's towns, pretty much everything XIII lacked.

If type zero is so amazing, you can't really say the series is dying now can you? -_________- *facepalms*

Only because of the initial hype of people playing a FF game on a new HD console. 60% of those buyers did not return to buy the sequel.

Doesn't matter son, did i mention 13-2? Nope, success is success, and 13 was a success.

The damage is done. Plus it's an MMO and MMO's suck. Especialy pay to play ones. Far too many games coming out to waste your time playing one game and paying monthly for it while it has crap MMO battle gameplay anyway.

LOL yeah umm....i'm not even going to comment on this.
---
I AM SATANAIL. HE WHO SHALL SET RIGHT THIS DISTORTED UNIVERSE!!!
#112Spiroth_KweehhPosted 1/19/2013 3:41:13 PM
Asellus posted...
You don't "have to" pay anything. Play the game normally you lazy people. Or stop complaining.

. . .

Feature : Do something earlier than ingame mechanics allow you by paying money while it is 100% doable ingame = Revive / get weapon.

Not wanting to spend ninety minutes twiddling my thumbs before the game will let the player try again due to an artificial gameplay mechanic the only possible justification for is attempting to gouge that much extra cash from them is... lazy of all things?

For your own sake I sincerely hope Square's paying you to write this.

This article is stupid on so many levels but I'll simply point this out: the system used in FF:ATB is VERY common in iOS and browser games yet all of a sudden it's bad because it's Final Fantasy?

It's bad because it's "Rub your fingers back and forth across the screen as quickly as you can until the thing your fighting or all of your characters have died, if the later take an enforced 90-minute break or pay us more money to let you try again right now".

To compare, The War Z which just came out, also uses the exact same feature.

To compare The War Z is actually better in this regard in that they give you five character slots, if one dies there's an enforced downtime you can pay money to speed up but you can also switch to one your other characters in the meanwhile. Compare it to this game where if you suffer a wipeout you're certainly not going to be able to win a rematch without your entire party being back up on its feet ready to be rubbed back and forth again and again.

Thanks for finally agreeing that we don't have to pay more, my point all along.

For my own sake? lol what does that even mean?
And nope they aren't lol. Why would they? And why would I accept even if they did in some alternate dimension?
---
Official Wild Chocobo of the Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Board
Official Wild Chocobo of the Final Fantasy world
#113Spiroth_KweehhPosted 1/19/2013 3:50:19 PM
marko7 posted...
Spiroth_Kweehh posted...
Exactly as I said.

Um... What? You really are on a different planet mate.

Let's drop this. It has got ridiculous enough.

Yes, it has. Mainly due to you.

I just pointed out the lie in that "Article".

Yes, and you failed to comprehend how someone else merely stated that its not that far from the truth, all things considered with the design of the game.

Everything else has been a twisted quote race.

Yes, and the only reason it has been twisted and repetitive is because you can't read whats in front of you.

I stand by what I initially posted. All else is a pretentious "learn to read"-fest.

Nothing is pretentious about you actually bothering your backside to carefully read and understand whats written (and practically spelt out) in reply to you, especially if you respond to it.

Yes it is far from the truth.
You either have to, or don't have to.

It was a lie that the article stated that you are forced to, and I pointed it out.
My point all along. Don't try to make it as if my point was something else.

And please, keep on. This was the last reply from me to you. You were the one to quote me after all.

@AmanoJ
Yup it was available for PC in EU.

@RedJackson
No, not everything. Just the blatant lies. Mind your tongue btw.
---
#114LsnakePosted 1/19/2013 3:50:26 PM
SE should just sell the franchise to Level-5. They did a perfect Job taking over Dragon Quest, no reason they couldn't do the same with Final Fantasy.

Maybe then we'd get likable, fun characters again in rich, colorful fantasy worlds full of adventure, accompanied by an outstanding, memorable soundtrack and gameplay that takes everything good from the past.
---
-War. War never changes. (Fallout)
-War. War has changed. (MGS4)
#115Spiroth_KweehhPosted 1/19/2013 4:02:16 PM
Lsnake posted...
SE should just sell the franchise to Level-5. They did a perfect Job taking over Dragon Quest, no reason they couldn't do the same with Final Fantasy.

Maybe then we'd get likable, fun characters again in rich, colorful fantasy worlds full of adventure, accompanied by an outstanding, memorable soundtrack and gameplay that takes everything good from the past.

Although we get the stuff you described with current FINAL FANTASY games (see Dimensions, Type-0 and Realm Reborn), as long as it was a collaboration effort and LEVEL-5 had some old people of Square as council to pass on them the usual themes of what comprises FINAL FANTASY, then HELL YEAH!!!

Just a fun fact.
Dragon Quest was never taken over by LEVEL-5 from Square.
Square never created Dragon Quest before Dragon Quest X.
ArtePiazza, Chunsoft, Heartbeat and LEVEL-5 created past Dragon Quest games. This is because Horii, Dragon Quest's creator makes decisions and always hires new studios.

Dragon Quest X is a first for Square, and that's because of their infrastructure knowledge for MMOs.
---
#116calhoun1389Posted 1/19/2013 4:16:17 PM
Franchises: You either die great, or you live long enough to see yourself put out bad games.

I mean come on people, a franchise can only last so long before any change results in a worse game, but it can't stay the same without getting stale.
---
My first born, Jackson was born on Friday, May 11, 2012.
My Anime List: http://tinyurl.com/c6ylh9y (Updates regularly)
#117DefYouthPosted 1/19/2013 4:23:23 PM
The FF fanboy in me is still looking forward to the next game hopefully but I have to admit that the magic hasn't been there for awhile. I knew things were bad when I didn't buy FFXIII-2 on day 1. No way that would've happened before...and I even liked XIII. I will admit though that XIII-2 was a step in the right direction again.
---
I know that this is vitriol, no solution spleen-venting, but I feel better having screamed, don't you?
#118marko7Posted 1/19/2013 6:27:53 PM
Spiroth_Kweehh posted...
Yes it is far from the truth.
You either have to, or don't have to.

Let me spell this out for you once again.

Never have I argued that you don't have a choice. However, in the context that you actually want to play the game you just paid for and died in, you will have to wait a certain period of time before being able to continue. The game is essentially unavailable even though you've paid for it. BUT you can keep playing straight away (which you should be able to do anyway) by paying a set fee.

See, this is a much bigger deal than just 'acquiring a weapon early' that you argued earlier (the sole reason I quoted you in the first place which you seem to be unable to comprehend). A weapon is just an augment, you can still play normally without it. Being able to actually play the game at all is a much bigger deal, therefore people will feel more inclined (or even forced to, depending on how much they wanna play their game) to pay actual money to just continue playing as normal.

This is what you don't understand. Sure you're not forced to, but in this context you might as well be, otherwise you've paid for a game that has almost no meat to its bones, just to sit and be told to wait before you can play again. The game shouldn't dictate when you can and can't play, YOU should make that decision and i shouldn't ever cost any more money to do so. Its a horrible design choice if you ask me.

And you made the point that apparently 'getting to use a weapon early' is somehow the same. And its not. Its really not. And taking into account what I've said above, the article isn't that far from the truth.

It was a lie that the article stated that you are forced to, and I pointed it out.

SO WHAT? The game (and that particular mechanic itself) is still a pretty horrible piece of garbage made solely to screw people out of money. You are by far one of the most rabid fanboys I've ever encountered!

My point all along. Don't try to make it as if my point was something else.

Right now, I'm starting to think the only reason you're here is to mindlessly defend something stupid and then cover your ears and shout LALALALALA when its brought into question.

And please, keep on. This was the last reply from me to you.

Considering you have the mindset of a child, I doubt it.

You were the one to quote me after all.

...And?
---
Ruler of the FF Agito XIII Boards 2011-2012
The Official Creator of the Noctis Orgy on the FF Versus XIII Boards
#119AsellusPosted 1/19/2013 11:04:07 PM(edited)
Thanks for finally agreeing that we don't have to pay more, my point all along.

"You have to pay more or you are effectively forced to stop playing for an arbitrary amount of time". There's an or in that statement but what's on the other side of it really doesn't help you any. People called the WarZ devs scamsters for using a similar scheme (and justly so) but even they weren't as bad as Square is being here.

For my own sake? lol what does that even mean?

I don't know, a shill's never exactly respectable but at least they're understandable in defending the undefenseable if you know someone's stuffing their pockets to get them to be doing it. Someone who's happy to do it for free...
#120docholliday504Posted 1/20/2013 12:27:25 AM
It's cute how people still think vs xiii is real. Like a bunch of grown men who believe in the Easter bunny.
---
Wii Number: 2350 5528 3593 6022
PSN ID: docholliday504 Gamertag: docholliday504 Now Playing...Madden 2013, Dark Souls, Halo 4