This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Slow, Excruciating Death Of Final Fantasy

#31chocolatesodaPosted 1/18/2013 9:04:10 PM
And that is why no one likes Kotaku.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmZ0XthctSI
#32OmegaPosted 1/18/2013 9:08:57 PM
velvet_hammer posted...
Spiroth_Kweehh posted...
He is just a hater. Some lies, wrong information and ridiculous statements directly from that article(?):

1) In order to make progress in the game you just spent $4 to buy, you have to pay more money to Square Enix.
Total lie.
2) It's hard to play this game without getting angry.
No, it's not. I'm doing it easily.
3) This betrayal is nothing new.
lol.
4)It's 2013, and Final Fantasy is on its last legs.
lol.
5) In 2001,series creator Hironobu Sakaguchi left the company to go off to Hawaii and surf.
Nope, it was 2003, and he left because he was responsible for the biggest flop of anything ever. Some fan, huh?
6) Final Fantasy XIII was loved by some but hated by many more.
Nope, the exact opposite.
7) Why dedicate so many of your resources to an MMORPG in an age where MMORPGs are all slowly eroding?
Because FINAL FANTASY XI is the most profitable FINAL FANTASY ever.
8) "Why force us to pay so much money for mobile Final Fantasy games?"
Wow, why should I even bother? Ridiculous statement of the year.
9) On the horizon we have Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, a game that continues a story that nobody really cares about.
Nope.
10) Cash.
Ya don't say?
11) Final Fantasy All The Bravest is currently sitting at #25 on the iTunes top 100 list for paid apps. Sickening. I wonder how many people regret that purchase?
Not me. And sickening? lol.
12) Why does the thought of a Final Fantasy XV fill me with more dread than excitement?
Because you're not a FINAL FANTASY fan, duh.
13) I don't know what the next generation will bring for Final Fantasy, a series I could once rank among my favorite.
Keyword for proof of #12. Could.
14) Even today, I can replay old Final Fantasy games and have a blast doing it.
Cool. Me too.
15) But it's time for fans like you and me to accept that Final Fantasy isn't Final Fantasy anymore.
You mean fans and not fans. FINAL FANTASY is as FINAL FANTASY as ever. For proof check FINAL FANTASY Dimensions, FINAL FANTASY Type-0 FINAL FANTASY staples, and great tribute projects like Theatrythm : FINAL FANTASY.
16) The series we once knew and loved is never coming back.
Not we. YOU. You "loved". I just finished FINAL FANTASY Dimensions, the perfect Crystal Mythos installment (FINAL FANTASY I-V+4HoL) in the series (not my favorite though, that goes to the original FINAL FANTASY).
17) The series has been dying for years now.
Nope. Proof. FINAL FANTASY XI is the most profitable FINAL FANTASY ever. FINAL FANTASY XIII series have sold 1/10th of the whole franchise's sales. Crisis Core and Dissidia are the #1 & #2 best selling portable FINAL FANTASY games ever.
And all are enjoying critical acclaim, except the original FINAL FANTASY XIV (and rightfully so). Thank God for the great remake.

18) bull**** like Final Fantasy All The Bravest.
Nope. Don't buy it if you don't like it. No one forced you to buy Mystic Quest or Mysterious Dungeon too back then.
19) Final Fantasy might not be dead yet. But it will never be the same.
Ya don't say. cOLD. FINAL FANTASY II says "Hi!". FINAL FANTASY Dimensions says "Hi!".
Take your pick.

Look up at the Sky....

There must be a Fantasy.

you mad brah?

Probably. But more people should point out how wrong and stupid the writers are at kotaku.
---
When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself.
#33Spiroth_KweehhPosted 1/18/2013 9:15:58 PM
I just pointed out his lies (i.e. "You have to pay money to progress in FINAL FANTASY: ATB"), his wrong information (i.e. Sakaguchi leaving in 2001), and his ridiculous statements (i.e. "Why force us to pay so much money for mobile Final Fantasy games?").

What does "brah" means btw?
Brahne in short?
---
Official Wild Chocobo of the Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Board
Official Wild Chocobo of the Final Fantasy world
#34AlltraPosted 1/18/2013 9:23:06 PM(edited)
It's surfer or skater slang. It's basically the equivalent of saying "Guy" or "Dude" or "Bro" or "Homie".
---
I sometimes feel as though life is a curse that has been placed on the living. I envy the unborn at times.
#35Spiroth_KweehhPosted 1/18/2013 9:23:48 PM
Is it used in an "offensive" manner generally?
---
#36GrabacrLeaderPosted 1/18/2013 9:24:49 PM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
you dont have to count 11 if you havent played it, but for those that have, damn that was a hell of an experience... no mmo will ever be like that again, not wow, not wow 2, not guild wars..nothing...

It was one hell of a grind, I'll give you that.
And I'm expecting SE to lose more money with FF14. If All the Bravest is any indication, SE just wants cash cows these days with little to no effort put into the actual quality of game.
They couldn't care less about Final Fantasy reputation. Problem is, people are now cautious with subscription-based MMOs.
#37AlltraPosted 1/18/2013 9:25:00 PM
Not really. It's not really supposed to be offensive.
---
I sometimes feel as though life is a curse that has been placed on the living. I envy the unborn at times.
#38find no fan tar seaPosted 1/18/2013 9:26:20 PM
Koolnerd12 posted...
Final Fantasy 6 (or for us SNES Final Fantasy 3) was and still is one of my favorite games

I can still hum the music when you get in the airplane deal, Cyan's theme, Espers, and everything

I lost interest when the characters became super colorful and "cute"

Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy 6, that was the bread and butter for me

Yes, same here, i especially love Celes' Opera theme.!
---
IF you like JRPG or Pokemon, go do youself a favor and play Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
#39Spiroth_KweehhPosted 1/18/2013 9:27:26 PM
^ Ah ok then. Thanks.
---
#40matty549Posted 1/18/2013 9:48:38 PM
I enjoyed reading that article, the author basically took the words right out of my mouth.