This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Slow, Excruciating Death Of Final Fantasy

#41Great_Pudding_3Posted 1/18/2013 10:56:47 PM
Kotaku: The Slow, Excruciating Death
---
NNID: ChocoboDragoon
GT: Chocobo Dragoon
#42DeGamer81Posted 1/18/2013 11:03:56 PM
Sinfullyvannila posted...
It had a good run.

This. After FFX is when the series started going downhill. I like the older ones, but these new games just don't even feel like FF imo.
#43Spiroth_KweehhPosted 1/18/2013 11:09:10 PM
DeGamer81 posted...
Sinfullyvannila posted...
It had a good run.

This. After FFX is when the series started going downhill. I like the older ones, but these new games just don't even feel like FF imo.

I agree.
FINAL FANTASY Dimensions is nothing like FINAL FANTASY.
---
Official Wild Chocobo of the Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Board
Official Wild Chocobo of the Final Fantasy world
#44HorrorSindicatePosted 1/19/2013 12:55:28 AM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
poor ff7 diehards.. for you, may ff rest in peace...for me though ill be enjoying lightning returns, and ff14 reboot this year sux to be you >_>

I've got SMT: IV and Soul Hackers coming out so I think I'll be alright. Thanks for the concern though.
---
I've seen the future, baby: it is murder
#45AmanoJPosted 1/19/2013 4:41:21 AM
Alltra posted...
I'm kind of glad I stopped playing FFXI though after WoTG was released. It took a nosedive in quality after that point.

It was at it's peak once they finished the CoP expansion, and just before they started dumbing it down before ToAU was released.

Agree on that one, for sure. ToAU brought the game down a peg and started the decline, but it did have a few high points. Besieged could be fun, and Assaults were an awesome idea. Not only were those all like minigames and things, but you could earn points for some decent gear, a novel idea at that point in the game.
That, and blue mage. I loved my blu. :P

It sure did start going down hill with WotG though, in a lot of ways. Even now, I miss how the game was in 2003-2005 or so. CoP was amazing in its prime. It was difficult, but man what a sense of accomplishment to get to sea or beat promathia.
The long haul to 75 and difficult obstacles really made you become attached to your character. That's one reason many people still play today (I started with NA PC release and might still be playing, had Abyssea not come along).

Was a great game.
---
Clever got me this far, then tricky got me in.
#46Spiroth_KweehhPosted 1/19/2013 5:15:22 AM
^ I don't understand this mindset. Why is the concept of optional so difficult for people?
---
#47syctheweilderPosted 1/19/2013 5:41:33 AM
find no fan tar sea posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...
heres how i feel:

ff7 - best game ever made
ff8 - debatably best game ever made
ff9 - niche best game ever made
ff10 - best game on the entire ps2
ff11 - started the mmo genre and blew it up with everquest, and then blizzard capitalized and threw all of their money into WoW and swept the market
ff12 - overly complex storyline and ff11 offline-like gameplay, wasnt recieved terribly well, but some ff11 fans enjoyed it, most focus was on ff11 online
ff13- pretty damn good, but slow paced, and a mature storyline not everyone recieved it well. some couldnt understand the story, mostly a bit more adult themed. very difficult late game turned some off.
ff13-2 redeemed 13 in spades by being much easier to understand storywise, being fully fleshed out with tons of sidequests, and having really really good music. one of the best ffs in the entire series
lightning returns-ff13 - theyre looking to change the gameplay to keep it fresh and trying some new ideas, i love how this company always tries to innovate rather than just pumping out the same gameplay over and over
ff14 reboot - ff14 couldnt compete with the juggernaut wow, theyre trying again, and every beta player ive talked to says its WAY better and more like ff11, if thats true, ill be playing it for a year+

when exactly did ff die? o.0?

>starts with VII
#48AsellusPosted 1/19/2013 5:42:53 AM
1) In order to make progress in the game you just spent $4 to buy, you have to pay more money to Square Enix.
Total lie

According to ign,
http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/01/17/psa-dont-buy-final-fantasy-all-the-bravest

If your party dies characters revive every x minutes - for a full party you're probably looking at about an hour and a half of downtime following a wipeout unless you pay the money for an instant revive. It's not like you can change tactics, there are no tactics to be had, so... yeah. I think if you're going to claim "total lie" on that you're on very thin footing. You pay money or you find something else to do for an hour and a half.
#49CrimsonGear80Posted 1/19/2013 5:45:29 AM
LOL Kotaku opinion pieces....
---
DmC is a good game. I also enjoyed the latest Final Fantasy and Resident Evil games. I like video games.
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif
#50Spiroth_KweehhPosted 1/19/2013 6:39:46 AM
Asellus posted...
1) In order to make progress in the game you just spent $4 to buy, you have to pay more money to Square Enix.
Total lie

According to ign,
http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/01/17/psa-dont-buy-final-fantasy-all-the-bravest

If your party dies characters revive every x minutes - for a full party you're probably looking at about an hour and a half of downtime following a wipeout unless you pay the money for an instant revive. It's not like you can change tactics, there are no tactics to be had, so... yeah. I think if you're going to claim "total lie" on that you're on very thin footing. You pay money or you find something else to do for an hour and a half.

Yup, so you don't have to pay money to Square.
If Square suddenly made the Excalibur obtainable in the original FINAL FANTASY for 3.99$ you would still say you "have" to pay money to get it because if not, you would have to play for dozens of hours to get it?

You don't "have to" pay anything. Play the game normally you lazy people. Or stop complaining.
---