This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Playstation 4 needs a new controller redesign.

#11BeknessPosted 1/18/2013 9:45:31 PM
ThePlasmaStorm posted...
tc has giant man hands

Did anyone else think "seinfeld" upon reading this?
---
Flaming Bek
#12Flare1721Posted 1/18/2013 9:56:50 PM
levyjl1988 posted...
Admit it the Playstation 3 controller is terrible. The DS3 is poor when it comes to ergonomics.

1) Poor handles / controller grip. THe handles are too thin and short, therefore you are unable to grasp it with your palms (fully), instead its more like wrapping half with your palms and half with your fingers around it, which causes poor wrist stability. In other words, bad for the wrist.

2) Analog stick layout - Again should be where the DPAD is for natural thumb joint position.

360 controller has 1) down perfectly and at least 2) half right. Wii U pro controller seems to be good but lacks any responsive triggers.

Time for better ergonomics Sony. 2D games are no longer the dominent type of games, so no reason to keep a 2D controller design. (DPAD in natural/primary position) is no longer the primary control. As much as it may be a representative symbol for playstation ergonomically it's terrible and I don't understand why Sony Fanboys fail to admit it.

DS3 is by far better then the 360 controller. I like everything about the DS3. DualShock in general has been a great controller. all the 360 controller is, is a modded GC controller
---
Best Boss Battle Ever Xemnas- KH2, Long Live Mega Man Legends 3!
PSN: Strife1721
#13stalepie29Posted 1/18/2013 10:02:26 PM(edited)
i liked the feel of the original gray non-analog PS1 controller, except the d-pad was hard on the thumb. But the handles sort of fit my hands better.

There is talk of changing the controller, or perhaps offering an alternate one:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/387287/cvg-sources-sony-to-abandon-dualshock-design-for-ps4/

Also talk that the next system will still accept regular DS3s if it has a different kind that comes with it.

With an LCD in the middle -- if it doesn't look ridiculous -- it could be used to quickly get to items or menu-type stuff, like Wii-U and Jaguar's controller.
#14BlackMetalisWarPosted 1/18/2013 10:04:21 PM
Nah...
---
Deathcore is garbage.
#15BeknessPosted 1/18/2013 10:05:18 PM
stalepie29 posted...
i liked the feel of the original gray non-analog PS1 controller, except the d-pad was hard on the thumb. But the handles sort of fit my hands better.

Holy hell, that takes me back. It feels weird to use, now, though.
---
Flaming Bek
#16Admiral_XyesPosted 1/18/2013 10:06:44 PM
I have both a 360 and a PS3. The DS3 is a great controller. It's sturdy and a great deal of people love it.

The 360 controllers seem to be made of lower quality materials as I have to replace them in less than a year. However, I find the 360 controller much more appealing to my hands. The size, the buttons, the triggers, even the thumbsticks all seem more enjoyable to me.

If I could choose, I'd take a #60 style controller with Sony PS3 quality craftsmanship.
#17UniversquallPosted 1/18/2013 10:11:27 PM
Pass. They just need to change L2,R2 back and you need to not buy it.
---
NP: Jurassic Park (PS3) Skyrim (PC) Jetpack Joyride, Final Fantasy I (Vita) Nope (WiiU60)
#18BloodyBoogerPosted 1/18/2013 10:36:42 PM
on a dualshock 3, not counting start/select & L3/R3 every other button is pressure sensitive. using any other controller feels cheap.
---
"Purple is a fruit" -Homer Simpson
#19CloakedNubPosted 1/18/2013 11:17:45 PM
While the 360 controller is better than the DS on everything but the d-pad, there's no need to change the DS.

I really hope they don't go with something like the WiiU's giant piece of ****.
#20Thermador446Posted 1/18/2013 11:29:29 PM
It definitely needs to be be slightly more ergonomic, anyone who says otherwise probably has shrapnel in their brain preventing their hand from feeling discomfort after extended periods.
---
"While you are wasting your time castrating a priceless antique, I have been systematically feeding babies to hungry mutated puppies!"