This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question about the Driver games... (For Driver fans)

#1TaKun782Posted 1/18/2013 11:08:24 PM
I remember a while back in my younger days ill always remember loving the first Driver to death. I played nothing like it back then. And then when Driver 2 came out...ya....i thought it was an ok-ish game but for one it was just too damn hard for me to ever finish and i have no reason to ever go back to it since to this day i remember how had the game was,

So after that i never went after the other Driver games. But now i kinda would like to start where i left off. Driver 3, Parallel lines, and the recent one Driver: SF

Im thinking ill really like those three Driver games at the very least. Parallel lines actually sounds quite good in terms of story and game play....

I need help from the older generation of Driver fans here. Ive been out of the loop for a while now.... :(
---
I will never change this sig until IOI releases Freedom Fighters 2!
-First started 9-20-2009
#2BeknessPosted 1/18/2013 11:15:21 PM
SF story line is weird. Driv3r wasn't very good from what I heard, I can't remember playing it.
---
Flaming Bek
#3dankanefanPosted 1/19/2013 2:05:48 AM(edited)
I rate them like this:

Driver: 9/10
Driver 2: 7/10 (too long and too different than the first)
Driver 3: 4/10 Controls are bad, graphics are bad, story is good and gunplay would have been cool but it's just bad.
Parallel Lines: 7/10 (It's basically a rip-off of GTA 3 though...which is cool but it's not really a Driver game to me)

Driver San Francisco: 9.5/10 (This game is awesome and the story is not weird at all once you play through it all. The game is a blast!)

I'd suggest skipping 3, maybe playing PL just cuz it's a cool GTA clone but don't expect a Driver feel to it at all...play Driver SF for sure though!

Oh and the 3DS one is HORRIBLE. Stay far away!!! The PSP one, Driver '76, I never tried.
---
www.saccitygamer.wordpress.com (My Gaming Blog)
@SacCityGamer ~ www.facebook.com/SacCityGamer
#4TaKun782(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 2:28:38 PM
dankanefan posted...
I rate them like this:

Driver: 9/10
Driver 2: 7/10 (too long and too different than the first)
Driver 3: 4/10 Controls are bad, graphics are bad, story is good and gunplay would have been cool but it's just bad.
Parallel Lines: 7/10 (It's basically a rip-off of GTA 3 though...which is cool but it's not really a Driver game to me)

Driver San Francisco: 9.5/10 (This game is awesome and the story is not weird at all once you play through it all. The game is a blast!)

I'd suggest skipping 3, maybe playing PL just cuz it's a cool GTA clone but don't expect a Driver feel to it at all...play Driver SF for sure though!

Oh and the 3DS one is HORRIBLE. Stay far away!!! The PSP one, Driver '76, I never tried.

Welp, i think that sums it up very well...I personally think for sure though that I will love PL. I dont know why yet...but theres just something that i think ill like very much about it...
---
-First started 9-20-2009
#5TaKun782(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 3:55:08 PM
Any other insight guys? I could use some more info about the games from the fans.
---
-First started 9-20-2009
#6Jon_GodPosted 1/19/2013 4:27:53 PM
I loved Driver 2 and 3.

I started on 2, so going back to 1 had me not as interested. Shame there.

Driver 2 ate 100s of hours of my life, just driving around the cities.

Driv3r was a unfinished gltichy mess, but at the same time had extremely detailed cities, and loads of different vehicles, and some of the best driving phsyics for years to come.

Oh, by unfinished, I mean sometimes cop cars would appear ontop of your car, just randomly, while you were driving around kinda unfinished. Even so, I still probably put over 100 hours into that game, and I don't regret it.

Parallel Lines was fun, albeit a bit more bland. Much better put together, some awesome features, (Lock on while driving, you could be driving, hit the breaks, do a 180, and be driving backwards shooting at your pursuers in one motion, slick stuff)

I haven't played much of SF, it's in my backlog, but the split screen/online is amazing, worth the price I paid for it (got it on sale right after it came out for $20). Original and interesting game. I'd say if they made a sequel, it could be a huge "AAA" title.
---
PS3 Fan, but doesn't mind other systems. PSN: Jon_God, XBL: Ernie the Bear
http://savemgo.com/forums/
#7TaKun782(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 5:58:00 PM
Jon_God posted...
I loved Driver 2 and 3.

I started on 2, so going back to 1 had me not as interested. Shame there.

Driver 2 ate 100s of hours of my life, just driving around the cities.

Driv3r was a unfinished gltichy mess, but at the same time had extremely detailed cities, and loads of different vehicles, and some of the best driving phsyics for years to come.

Oh, by unfinished, I mean sometimes cop cars would appear ontop of your car, just randomly, while you were driving around kinda unfinished. Even so, I still probably put over 100 hours into that game, and I don't regret it.

Parallel Lines was fun, albeit a bit more bland. Much better put together, some awesome features, (Lock on while driving, you could be driving, hit the breaks, do a 180, and be driving backwards shooting at your pursuers in one motion, slick stuff)

I haven't played much of SF, it's in my backlog, but the split screen/online is amazing, worth the price I paid for it (got it on sale right after it came out for $20). Original and interesting game. I'd say if they made a sequel, it could be a huge "AAA" title.

Please tell me though...is any other Driver game after Driver 2 hard by any chance? I remember Driver 1 being an ok-ish challenge for me just enough to finished it back then because i loved it a lot. But Driver 2....i got halfway through that game and i just couldnt do it anymore because it got just too damn hard for me back then.
---
-First started 9-20-2009
#8TaKun782(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 8:32:34 PM
Bumpage
---
-First started 9-20-2009
#9killakPosted 1/19/2013 8:38:00 PM
Driv3r is ridiculous and some of the missions will have you pulling your hair out, each time you're stopped dead for hitting a parking meter. Chase missions are particularly frustrating, the on foot controls are terrible

Driver Parallel Lines is decent, but has so much traffic that it becomes tedious to travel from location to location. The time switch is cool (well it's not really a switch, but a plot point) as locations and vehicles change (you see the completed WTC, for example)...but the traffic is just too dense.

just go with San Francisco. If you know the rivalry between Tanner and Jericho, then you're all good to go and the game is flat out amazing
---
..you're supposed to put spoilers when you talk about the color of the sky. some people haven't seen it yet. - llaW_Enots
#10DarkivePosted 1/19/2013 8:40:24 PM
i have been a big fan of Driver: SF since i got it. it looks and plays great, the story is pretty good and its a nice change of pace from previous titles. multiplayer is a blast. HIGH recommend SF!
---
Silent Hill's Darkest