This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wow..ps store broke my console, I'm in shock. : (

#1XiocamiePosted 1/19/2013 2:49:15 AM
Logged on to browse the store and it froze at a screen telling me the store was under maintenance...literally..it froze my PS3 completely, couldn't go back or anything. Power button wasn't turning it off either, so I said whatever and just left it on and went to work since I'm not a fan of pulling the plug/switch on a console when it's on.

Got back a while ago and my PS3 was off, not sure how but I'm assuming the lights went on and off in the building at some point and turned it off...now I'm getting a corrupt HD error and it doesn't repair it when I hit okay. I can't access the XMB or do anything. I try doing the restore from the safe mode and it gets stuck at "preparing...please wait"

I'm really upset right now as this was completely unfair : ( idk what to do, I'm trying to pretend that I didn't just lose my console+data over ps store freezing my console..
#2mogar002Posted 1/19/2013 2:51:35 AM
OMG the store killed my brother! CURSE YOU STORE!!
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
#3SophisticationPosted 1/19/2013 2:53:10 AM
Actually, you broke your ps3 by not turning it off.
---
As a sophistocrat I am here to represent my fellow like minded Sophisticated gamers with judicious topics & post that spark debate.
PSN: Sophistocrat
#4Xiocamie(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 2:54:34 AM
Really? because I COULD right? pretty sure you're not supposed to shut it off besides using the power button. It was completely frozen
#5king_maddenPosted 1/19/2013 2:55:28 AM
this happened to me, where the only button that worked is the ps button, and I just held that down and went to shut system down, turned back on no problem.
#6OrangeSchweesePosted 1/19/2013 2:57:15 AM
It traps me on that error screen whenever I try to access the store, but I can still manually turn it off.
#7mostcorruptPosted 1/19/2013 2:57:24 AM
Xiocamie posted...
Really? because I COULD right? pretty sure you're not supposed to shut it off besides using the power button. It was completely frozen

So you just planned to leave it there forever then?
#8Xenesis XenonPosted 1/19/2013 2:57:45 AM
Yeah, I had the same thing happen because I didn't know about the maintenance.

Twas weird. Turned off fine from the controller though.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#9SophisticationPosted 1/19/2013 2:58:58 AM
Xiocamie posted...

I unplug mine all the time from the back when it freezes on background dl from store... you should have asked me before you left your house. I'm sophisticated enough to have guided you in the right direction, to shepherd you.
---
As a sophistocrat I am here to represent my fellow like minded Sophisticated gamers with judicious topics & post that spark debate.
PSN: Sophistocrat
#10stalepie29Posted 1/19/2013 7:23:11 AM
Maybe it will work again. How long did you wait at "Preparing... please wait"?