This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If PS3 had other "classic" JRPGs, would people care about Ni No Kuni?

#11TiaelPosted 1/19/2013 4:12:44 AM
I'm certainly not JRPG starved, but I don't own only a PS3.

And yes, I'd be as interested due to the Level 5/Ghibli collaboration, music by Joe Hisaishi, and it being a traditional old school styled JRPG, the charming, quirky, unique world full of familiars to hunt/tame, and the story.
---
Ni no Kuni Wizard Edition- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcEGEGpFgRU
Dragon Quest > Tales of > Final Fantasy, but I enjoy all three. Da Bears!
#12ScreamingMidgetPosted 1/19/2013 4:26:04 AM
User Name DoctorCrabMD
User ID 6717559
Board User Level 15: New User (1)
Awarded to users with at least 3 Karma. Can create 5 topics, 50 messages per day. Can delete own messages, close topics.
#13badboyPosted 1/19/2013 4:28:35 AM
If there are better JRPGs, of course they'll get more attention. That doesn't mean Ni no Kuni is bad though.
#14Spiroth_KweehhPosted 1/19/2013 4:32:18 AM(edited)
I'm certainly, factually not JRPG starved as imo this gen is the best ever for the genre, by far, since the NES generation.
You see, I'm a JRPG fan, and the series I like, I play. So I'm not limiting myself to a console (PSP FTW!!!).

So yes, people would care about Ni No Kuni even if there were 20 more games like it on PS3, because Ni No Kuni seems amazing and a one in a lifetime experience for fans. imo.
It's a dream collaboration, and we are lucky to be witnessing history for the 3rd time as far as collaboration projects for the genre go (Chrono Trigger and Kingdom Hearts are the other two).
And who knows? Maybe one day, we will be talking about the Ni No Kuni 25th Anniversary.... :)

To me, it's almost guaranteed its place in my Top 3 favorite JRPGs this gen, right after Dissidia Duodecim [012]: FINAL FANTASY and FINAL FANTASY Type-0.

---
Official Wild Chocobo of the Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Board
Official Wild Chocobo of the Final Fantasy world
#15SayoriaPosted 1/19/2013 4:29:53 AM
Yep.
---
Sailor Moon returns 2013! O_o
#16PirateMoePosted 1/19/2013 4:30:18 AM
It's my favorite game of any genre for the last 10 years. So ah...take that for what you will.
#17ATTACK__CATPosted 1/19/2013 4:52:08 AM
'classic' JRPG...

last time i checked classic JRPGs were turn based.... and last time i checked this isnt turn based.
---
*PSN yggdrasilProject*
*Black FC 1420 6344 0225
#18PirateMoePosted 1/19/2013 5:08:37 AM
ATTACK__CAT posted...
last time i checked classic JRPGs were turn based.... and last time i checked this isnt turn based.

As early as Final Fantasy 4, there were a lot of battle systems that would have enemies attacking you in real time even if you sat there doing nothing. You still picked out skills from a menu and got wailed on while you did it...like Ni no Kuni.

But if you want to somehow draw from the idea that your characters can move around the battlefield somewhat and make it so that that one separation means it's some kind of big difference in the genre classification...well, that's you, I guess.
#19theshovellerPosted 1/19/2013 5:26:30 AM
I care about Ni No Kuni, because it's a Miyazaki / Studio Ghibli collaboration game.
#20AlltraPosted 1/19/2013 5:42:21 AM
It is being hyped for that reason, you won't get any arguments out of me on that front.

I'd still be excited for the game though. I dunno about everyone else, but I'd still be really hyped for it. Having more of them would just make it even better as far as I'm concerned.
---
I sometimes feel as though life is a curse that has been placed on the living. I envy the unborn at times.