This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If PS3 had other "classic" JRPGs, would people care about Ni No Kuni?

#21PS2GamerPosted 1/19/2013 7:00:50 AM
Studio Ghibli is what give it most of its support. Being a JRPG doest matter much.
---
~ ~ ~ Where Angels Lose Their Way ~ ~ ~
/| ~ Love would have conquered all..... ~ |\
#22methosagainPosted 1/19/2013 7:44:55 AM
SomnusNemoris posted...
Yes. It's getting great reviews and would stand out from other JRPGs, if they existed.

This is actually a pretty hard question, if the big JRPG series were seeing quality installments NNK just by virtue of it being a new IP might not be seeing the hype it is outside of those who were already big JRPG fans. But the question is rhetorical, since there have been no real quality JRPGs in years.
---
Law of the universe states the strong shall survive and the weak fall by the way, I don't give a damn what idealistic plan is cooked up, nothing changes that
#23llaW_EnotsPosted 1/19/2013 8:07:28 AM
That's the thing. Not many people care about Ni No Kuni. We just have kids with no jobs posting they love it as if it was a paid job.
#24Spiroth_KweehhPosted 1/19/2013 8:17:35 AM
^ Hahahahaha!
---
Official Wild Chocobo of the Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Board
Official Wild Chocobo of the Final Fantasy world
#25llaW_EnotsPosted 1/19/2013 8:27:03 PM
Chocobo115 posted...
I would still cares as much due it beeing a joint Studio Ghibli project.
And there are still games like Tales of Graces F & Valkyria Chronicles.

all you had to do was post your name and we would know your stance.
#26userfrigginamePosted 1/19/2013 8:30:29 PM
I like Ni no Kuni because it has the charming art style of Studio Ghibli and the beautiful music of Joe Hisaishi. Those qualities make it unique to me. I don't care about other "classic" RPGs unless they happen to be Final Fantasy, Pokemon, or Digimon/World, or Legend of Dragoon because most other JRPGs out there just seem a bit recycled. Like they share too many of the same qualities.
#27majin nemesisPosted 1/19/2013 8:32:03 PM
of course people would care it looks like a good JRPG and we also have other good and classic JRPGs like Tales of Graces F
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage
#28kylemcauliffe15Posted 1/19/2013 8:33:12 PM
I'd care about it because I'm interested in the games, not whether or not I've had "enough" for a console which is a load of farts.
---
PSN: Gasshu-kun
The thermometer of success is merely the jealousy of the malcontents. - Salvador Dali
#29PHEEliNUXPosted 1/19/2013 8:36:13 PM
Yeah they would, Because the only reason(That i can think of) That they care about is because it is made by Studio Ghilbi
---
PSN:PHEEliNUX
#30majin nemesisPosted 1/19/2013 8:41:41 PM
PHEEliNUX posted...
Yeah they would, Because the only reason(That i can think of) That they care about is because it is made by Studio Ghilbi

i couldn't care less if it's made by Studio Ghilbi although i do care a little that it was made by level-5 but the reason i'm buying the game it's because it looks like a good RPG
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage