This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

WHY SONY?! - Video Complaints

#1beebarbPosted 1/19/2013 5:16:04 AM
I just 'Restored' my backed up videos from my old PS3 to my current system (I kept putting it off as I didn't have the time).

I go to play one of the videos and get a license renewal message. I think "fair enough it should be just a small fee" but to my absolute horror, they want me to pay full price for each one! I already paid for the videos, I can't afford to do so again.

I don't get very much money, and as such can't afford to throw it away on a double expense. This is the second major issue I have had with the PS3.

1st: Bought DLC for a game I where I believed the disc was for my region. Turns out a novice game store clerk put an American trade-in in a case for an Australian copy. Wasted AUD$10 on that. Was a while ago now, too late for any refund which I now know was a possibility.

2nd: Now, I effectively wasted I'm not sure how much on movies and TV episodes as a direct result of a lack of common sense on Sony's behalf, and my own personal situation.
---
We shall rise again to start anew.
White FC: 0862-2660-4156 / 3DS FC: 2492-4470-1418 / White 2 FC: 4556-7836-2644
#2killakPosted 1/19/2013 5:18:10 AM
Wait for Sony to implement license transfer in their system.

until then, you bought those videos on your old system. And it's not possible to share them, so they're system locked.
---
When the evil Shredder attacks, These turtle boys don't cut 'em no slack.
#3stalepie29Posted 1/19/2013 5:22:49 AM
I agree, it's terrible.
#4beebarb(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 5:23:02 AM
Except a license transfer would probably require I still have the old system. But I don't any more.
---
We shall rise again to start anew.
White FC: 0862-2660-4156 / 3DS FC: 2492-4470-1418 / White 2 FC: 4556-7836-2644
#5killakPosted 1/19/2013 5:24:08 AM
Except a license transfer would probably require I still have the old system. But I don't any more.

It doesn't on the 360.

They should copy that.
---
Before stooping to grammar correction, ask yourself.... "Am I really stuck with nothing to say?"
#6PlaysaverPosted 1/19/2013 1:11:59 PM
Yeah, it's annoying that backing up the video to an external harddrive doesn't back up the licence with it.
Only way i've found to back up a video with its licence is to, if it's a Standard definition video, send it to my vita then back that up to my pc. Sadly this doesn't work for HD videos. I lost all my hd videos, but I had backed up my sd videos through the vita and was able to save restore them back to my new ps3 after having sony deactive video on the old ps3 that no longer worked. I belive there is a way to do this with the psp, but it's more complicated. Supprisingly when you do the backup from the vita then point Media Go to that folder media go will play the sd videos on the pc as long as your using the same psn account with that media go.