This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sony is compensating me for both long "maintenance" periods

#1TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 1/19/2013 9:06:31 AM
By saving me money on the PS4...since I decided not to buy it. Sony has really disappointed me this gen because of the following:

1. Bad marketing and price made my real life friends choose 360
2. Lost the majority of its exclusives, which negated spending more for the system
3. The two long and unannounced "maintenance" periods (hacking and whatever tf this one is)
4. The lack of motivation to improve the online service despite their competitor outshining them, yet giving us crap most don't care for (Vita stuff anyone?), and to a lesser extent, spicing up the xmb
5. My fat cool looking (and more importantly bc) PS3 dying on my after only 3 years despite taking very good care of it and playing an average of maybe 7 hours a week
6. Letting the competitor get the upper hand with DLC etc while we wait longer for it just to use it with the often inferior version of the game (must have been a way to help devs develop better for it or something)
7. My Sony HDTV dying on me one year after it was manufactured and 9 months after it was purchased. Yeah it was under warranty but I had to jump through flaming hoops to get my new one and the whole thing took a little more than a month

I say all that to say this, I don't trust them to give me a quality product anymore. Sure it was nice to have free online, but I think that was because they didn't know people would pay $50 (now $60) a year to play online and thought they had a major selling point. Now that they know, I expect the PS4 to charge as well.
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#2Nightmare637Posted 1/19/2013 9:08:29 AM
They did announce the maintence, and have been giving updates.
---
PSN:Nightmare637
#3BeknessPosted 1/19/2013 9:11:38 AM(edited)
With the DLC, which ones were later than Xbox? I don't buy DLC so I don't follow it.
The only one I know about is the Bethesda games.

And that sucks your stuff broke, but my stuff breaks too. Right now I need a new fridge, a new camera, a new car, I need lots of things. I've had stuff break within the warranty as well, stuff that's just out of warranty. It sucks but what can you do? I had an Xbox have 3 problems with it, which I then replaced and haven't had a problem since. I've had 2 PS3s and they've both never had problems.

Edit- I thought they did know that Xbox charged for online. They did it with the original Xbox and 360, which both launched before ps3
---
one
#4Kooljay95Posted 1/19/2013 9:13:02 AM
1)360 was cheaper. Ps3 is a more advance machine. Do you want them to build a cheaper console?
2) explain
3) They were the victim.
4) They're competitor charges for online service. One of the perks that the ps3 has is free online.
5) Do I have to bring up the 360's failure rate? I had two RROD in the same month.
6) Microsoft has more money due to charging for online and other accessories that the ps3 comes with. Do you want Sony to milk us for every dime possible?
7 The Tv has something to do with the PS3/4 because...
#5BeknessPosted 1/19/2013 9:14:27 AM
Kooljay95 posted...
1)360 was cheaper. Ps3 is a more advance machine. Do you want them to build a cheaper console?
2) explain
3) They were the victim.
4) They're competitor charges for online service. One of the perks that the ps3 has is free online.
5) Do I have to bring up the 360's failure rate? I had two RROD in the same month.
6) Microsoft has more money due to charging for online and other accessories that the ps3 comes with. Do you want Sony to milk us for every dime possible?

Just to add to your number 3, Blizzard were hacked last year as well, so it's not like being hacked is exclusive to Sony.
---
one
#6UniversquallPosted 1/19/2013 9:16:38 AM
True it's unfortunate that they didn't spend billions on timed DLC, Getting companies to commit fraud for them and Exclusives like Mass Effect.
---
NP: Jurassic Park (PS3) Skyrim (PC) Jetpack Joyride, Final Fantasy I (Vita) Nope (WiiU60)
#7TJ_UNLIMITED(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 9:16:58 AM
Bekness posted...
With the DLC, which ones were later than Xbox? I don't buy DLC so I don't follow it.
The only one I know about is the Bethesda games.

And that sucks your stuff broke, but my stuff breaks too. Right now I need a new fridge, a new camera, a new car, I need lots of things. I've had stuff break within the warranty as well, stuff that's just out of warranty. It sucks but what can you do? I had an Xbox have 3 problems with it, which I then replaced and haven't had a problem since. I've had 2 PS3s and they've both never had problems.

Edit- I thought they did know that Xbox charged for online. They did it with the original Xbox and 360, which both launched before ps3

I should've clarified, I meant I think they didn't realize people would pay to play online when they had a free alternative. It was different for the original Xbox and PS2 because PS2 had a meh online service towards the end of it's life. The only thing I knew to be really popular was MGO...and maybe RE Outbreak to a lesser extent, which required a hard drive as well to actually be worth playing online.
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#8Kooljay95Posted 1/19/2013 9:18:19 AM
BTW Sony gets some exclusive DLC on multiplat games as well. Please see Assassins Creed.
#9TJ_UNLIMITED(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 9:18:39 AM
Bekness posted...
Kooljay95 posted...
2) explain
3) They were the victim.

Just to add to your number 3, Blizzard were hacked last year as well, so it's not like being hacked is exclusive to Sony.

I realize that, but I gave money to Sony, not Blizzard, so it's up to Sony to keep me a satisfied customer. Not to mention, being that Son is a multi-billion dollar worldwide corporation, they have more incentive to keep their security up to par.
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#10riddlebox89Posted 1/19/2013 9:27:27 AM
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
By saving me money on the PS4...since I decided not to buy it. Sony has really disappointed me this gen because of the following:

1. Bad marketing and price made my real life friends choose 360
2. Lost the majority of its exclusives, which negated spending more for the system
3. The two long and unannounced "maintenance" periods (hacking and whatever tf this one is)
4. The lack of motivation to improve the online service despite their competitor outshining them, yet giving us crap most don't care for (Vita stuff anyone?), and to a lesser extent, spicing up the xmb
5. My fat cool looking (and more importantly bc) PS3 dying on my after only 3 years despite taking very good care of it and playing an average of maybe 7 hours a week
6. Letting the competitor get the upper hand with DLC etc while we wait longer for it just to use it with the often inferior version of the game (must have been a way to help devs develop better for it or something)
7. My Sony HDTV dying on me one year after it was manufactured and 9 months after it was purchased. Yeah it was under warranty but I had to jump through flaming hoops to get my new one and the whole thing took a little more than a month.

1, Could've waited for a price drop.
2, Uhh no, the PS3 doesn't lose exclusives, if it's multiplatform, it's multiplatform, just some other console versions take longer to come out.
3, So 24 hours without online gameplay is too much for you?
4, The XMB is fine the way it is, hell look at the 360's dashboard and how it's cluttered with advertisements.
5, How good you take care of it is irrelevant, hell I have an NES top loader that I and my family have tossed around by accident sometimes that still works to this day, the fat PS3's are unreliable.
6, What upper hand? You mean paying millions of dollars to get it for thirty days before everyone else and risk not making that money back through DLC sales? Yeah that's definitely a wise move by Microsoft!
7, That's the thing with electronics, they die, you can't expect to buy something then have it last you ten years and more.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.