This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sony is compensating me for both long "maintenance" periods

#11BeknessPosted 1/19/2013 10:32:36 AM(edited)
But hacks can happen to anyone, you use the internet, you're not safe. Realistically.

Email could get hacked, your own account could have got hacked and the rest of Sony would be fine, your gamefaqs account could be hacked. Hackers are actually really intelligent people.

And I was just saying the Blizzard thing because it goes to show no one's immune. Blizzard even have authenticators.

http://us.blizzard.com/store/search.xml?q=authenticator

It's unfortunate what happened, but if you haven't been following Xbox then you wouldn't have known any of the things going on. You said your real life friends have them, have any of them had overheating issues, red ring of death, the 3 red lights? Their Xbox's have had no problems in 7 years?

Uhh no, the PS3 doesn't lose exclusives, if it's multiplatform, it's multiplatform, just some other console versions take longer to come out.

Erm, they have actually. Gta4 and I think the first Assassin's Creed

Edit- I think maybe stuff like Silent Hill collection, MGS and DmC might have been lost as well, unless they were announced at the same time, I can't remember.
---
one
#12UniversquallPosted 1/19/2013 10:31:48 AM
You are using too many words for a joke topic.
---
NP: Jurassic Park (PS3) Skyrim (PC) Jetpack Joyride, Final Fantasy I (Vita) Nope (WiiU60)
#13TJ_UNLIMITED(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 10:32:40 AM
Kooljay95 posted...
1)360 was cheaper. Ps3 is a more advance machine. Do you want them to build a cheaper console?
2) explain
3) They were the victim.
4) They're competitor charges for online service. One of the perks that the ps3 has is free online.
5) Do I have to bring up the 360's failure rate? I had two RROD in the same month.
6) Microsoft has more money due to charging for online and other accessories that the ps3 comes with. Do you want Sony to milk us for every dime possible?
7 The Tv has something to do with the PS3/4 because...

1. Doesn't matter that PS3 is more advanced if most games still looked and performed better or nearly the same on 360. A very small percentage of games this gen took advantage of the PS3's power.
2. Do I really have to explain that? You were here, weren't you?
3. If you don't lock your door at night and get robbed, you're the victim. That doesn't mean you weren't responsible for preventing it, especially of you had a ton of other people's sensitive and private information in your house.
4. What does this have to do with it? That point would only be valid if they didn't make the service better since day one, but they did in certain ways.
5. Idc about the 360's failure rate, this is about Sony since that's who I gave my money to. "He did it too" doesn't work...anywhere...ever.
6. Ok, and? I'm not looking for excuses, I'm just saying why Sony left me an overall dissatisfied customer. There are other ways to make money that don't include milking your customers.
7. This topic is about being dissatisfied with the product quality of SONY.Who did I say made my tv? SONY. Who will make the PS4? SONY. Put two and two together.
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#14BeknessPosted 1/19/2013 10:32:58 AM
Universquall posted...
You are using too many words for a joke topic.

Soz, should I just say Flopix and leave next time?
---
one
#15UniversquallPosted 1/19/2013 10:36:36 AM
Bekness posted...

That works. Because I doubt this reassurance topic is legit.
---
NP: Jurassic Park (PS3) Skyrim (PC) Jetpack Joyride, Final Fantasy I (Vita) Nope (WiiU60)
#16TJ_UNLIMITED(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 10:36:54 AM
riddlebox89 posted...
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
By saving me money on the PS4...since I decided not to buy it. Sony has really disappointed me this gen because of the following:

1. Bad marketing and price made my real life friends choose 360
2. Lost the majority of its exclusives, which negated spending more for the system
3. The two long and unannounced "maintenance" periods (hacking and whatever tf this one is)
4. The lack of motivation to improve the online service despite their competitor outshining them, yet giving us crap most don't care for (Vita stuff anyone?), and to a lesser extent, spicing up the xmb
5. My fat cool looking (and more importantly bc) PS3 dying on my after only 3 years despite taking very good care of it and playing an average of maybe 7 hours a week
6. Letting the competitor get the upper hand with DLC etc while we wait longer for it just to use it with the often inferior version of the game (must have been a way to help devs develop better for it or something)
7. My Sony HDTV dying on me one year after it was manufactured and 9 months after it was purchased. Yeah it was under warranty but I had to jump through flaming hoops to get my new one and the whole thing took a little more than a month.

1, Could've waited for a price drop.
2, Uhh no, the PS3 doesn't lose exclusives, if it's multiplatform, it's multiplatform, just some other console versions take longer to come out.
3, So 24 hours without online gameplay is too much for you?
4, The XMB is fine the way it is, hell look at the 360's dashboard and how it's cluttered with advertisements.
5, How good you take care of it is irrelevant, hell I have an NES top loader that I and my family have tossed around by accident sometimes that still works to this day, the fat PS3's are unreliable.
6, What upper hand? You mean paying millions of dollars to get it for thirty days before everyone else and risk not making that money back through DLC sales? Yeah that's definitely a wise move by Microsoft!
7, That's the thing with electronics, they die, you can't expect to buy something then have it last you ten years and more.

Honestly, I stopped reading at number 3 because I clearly said both (as in two) long maintenance periods. You're trying to be a smartass when you can't even read properly. This "maintenance" period alone has lasted longer than 24 hours and if I'm not mistaken, the one when they got hacked lasted like a month.
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#17Wozman23Posted 1/19/2013 10:37:29 AM
The only issue I agree with is about the unreliable fat PS3 builds.

My Atari 2600 has been offline for a quarter of a century. The ability to take your console online is a privilege. Plus, there are more than enough great games to play, many of them exclusives, that never even require you to even connect an ethernet cable.
---
This signature will not change until I change it. 7/03/09
#18TJ_UNLIMITED(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 10:39:42 AM
Universquall posted...
Bekness posted...

What do you mean reassurance topic? I gave my perspective for the sake of conversation. If you're so sensitive about video games that you can't handle someone being dissatisfied with Sony, you need to get out an experience life. Some will agree, others will disagree, I have no problem with either.
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#19BeknessPosted 1/19/2013 10:41:27 AM
Dude, calm down. Taking MS failures into account IS a good idea. It's all well and good to say, well I gave my cash to Sony, but what if you didn't? You'd still more than likely be in the same boat now, disappointed. And what if they have issues next gen? It's just too early to make that call.

You're being delusional if you think that whichever console you'll pick, you'll never have a problem with. You've already made up your mind, so just leave it at that. We're not out to convince you to change your mind. You obviously wanted a discussion, then when you get some responses you just start getting all angry.

Universquall posted...
Bekness posted...

It's reassurance? I thought it was sub psychotic rage.

What do you mean reassurance topic? I gave my perspective for the sake of conversation. If you're so sensitive about video games that you can't handle someone being dissatisfied with Sony, you need to get out an experience life. Some will agree, others will disagree, I have no problem with either.

2. Do I really have to explain that? You were here, weren't you?
---
one
#20UniversquallPosted 1/19/2013 10:43:56 AM
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...

You can pretend it isn't all you want. You care about systems losing exclusives. So you want to go to one that loses them often. You want Sony to spend billions on timed dlc. So you don't have to wait weeks. When they get non timed dlc and the timed dlc without wasting the money. And that's just for a start.
You are quite confusing.

Sorry to hear about your TV.
---