This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What free game do you want from Sony

#1ZackG31Posted 1/19/2013 10:09:56 AM
I want The Last of Us or the new Metal Gear Solid Game

How about yall
---
Atheism is a terrible bet. It gives you no chance of winning the prize.
#2BeknessPosted 1/19/2013 10:13:21 AM
all of them. *_*
---
one
#3burningfingerzPosted 1/19/2013 10:15:15 AM
Why would they do that? No money for the devs means no more games from them. Unless Sony pays them. But that would make them a charity, not a company. Company are supposed to make money.
---
"Vita is a really powerful machine and I wanted to take advantage of that. I didn't just want to show off boobs, but I wanted to show off butts too"
#4BeknessPosted 1/19/2013 10:22:11 AM
burningfingerz posted...
Why would they do that? No money for the devs means no more games from them. Unless Sony pays them. But that would make them a charity, not a company. Company are supposed to make money.

True. But lots of companies do things like that so the greater public thinks, wow they're generous, plus it gets more publicity. When GAME in Australia went bust, Blizzard gave everyone who'd pre-ordered Diablo 3 from there a free copy of it.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2012/05/blizzard-will-honour-games-lost-diablo-iii-pre-orders/

Larger companies participate in humble bundles on Steam, where people pay what they want and get 5+ games. There was recently a THQ bundle where you got saints row 3, metro 2033, darksiders, red faction armageddon and it's DLC plus more for next to nothing. It gets word of mouth and makes the company look good. Why THQ did it with their financial situation I have no idea. And in the humble bundle situation, you chose how much goes to charity and how much goes to the developer.
---
one
#5UniversquallPosted 1/19/2013 10:25:07 AM
Wild Arms 2.
---
NP: Jurassic Park (PS3) Skyrim (PC) Jetpack Joyride, Final Fantasy I (Vita) Nope (WiiU60)
#6riddlebox89Posted 1/19/2013 10:31:33 AM
Bekness posted...
burningfingerz posted...

True. But lots of companies do things like that so the greater public thinks, wow they're generous, plus it gets more publicity. When GAME in Australia went bust, Blizzard gave everyone who'd pre-ordered Diablo 3 from there a free copy of it.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2012/05/blizzard-will-honour-games-lost-diablo-iii-pre-orders/

Larger companies participate in humble bundles on Steam, where people pay what they want and get 5+ games. There was recently a THQ bundle where you got saints row 3, metro 2033, darksiders, red faction armageddon and it's DLC plus more for next to nothing. It gets word of mouth and makes the company look good. Why THQ did it with their financial situation I have no idea. And in the humble bundle situation, you chose how much goes to charity and how much goes to the developer.

But that's all irrelevant because the only thing that happened was PSN was down for over 24 hours for routine maintenance, we're not entitled to any free game compensation whatsoever.

Hell the only compensation we should be expecting, if any, is one of those crappy $2 PSN only titles.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#7nouseravailablePosted 1/19/2013 10:35:40 AM
riddlebox89 posted...
But that's all irrelevant because the only thing that happened was PSN was down for over 24 hours for routine maintenance, we're not entitled to any free game compensation whatsoever.

Hell the only compensation we should be expecting, if any, is one of those crappy $2 PSN only titles.

I cant connect for longer then that tho. If they give anything it would probably be some beta key for smthing, unless the thing goes on.
---
"I dont have a daughter. But I cant let that stop me from sorting out her musical training." -why the lucky stiff
#8UniversquallPosted 1/19/2013 10:37:48 AM
They should give us all PS4s due to how we've all suffered during the most important day of the century.
---
NP: Jurassic Park (PS3) Skyrim (PC) Jetpack Joyride, Final Fantasy I (Vita) Nope (WiiU60)
#9BeknessPosted 1/19/2013 10:48:27 AM
I didn't say we're entitled, I'm just saying that sometimes companies do stuff like that as a gesture.
---
one
#10UniversquallPosted 1/19/2013 10:49:00 AM
THQ didn't have a choice :( RIP
---