This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

This is why we will never see Yakuza 5

#31PangLa(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 3:18:26 PM
How are you guys so convince that we will get Yakuza 5? Sega America isn't doing well financially, they lost millions of dollars because of localization game like Yakuza, Vanquish, Binary Domain, ect which all flop in the West. Hence, why they only release budget titles and digital now (e.g. Anarchy Reigns 29.99, Sonic Transformed Racing 39.99).

Second of all, Yas Noguchi the Senior Producer of Sega America, left a year ago. He was the guy that fought for Yakuza 4 & Dead Souls and believed that the series would do well in the West. I wouldn't be surprise if the reason that he left was because of Yakuza 4 & Dead Souls failure in the West.

The only way I see the game getting localize is if Sony help financing it or if Sega America magically start getting really well financially.
#32RomanBlade00Posted 1/19/2013 3:32:33 PM
Shenmue 5 should be released for $30 in North America like Anarchy Reigns!
---
PSN: romanblade86
#33nouseravailablePosted 1/19/2013 3:47:11 PM(edited)
PangLa posted...
The only way I see the game getting localize is if Sony help financing it or if Sega America magically start getting really well financially.

Im not sure if the reason they are so screwed is Yakuza. Its probably cheap as hell to localize that. The problem is that they release an outstanding game like Bayonetta and people dont buy it because Bayo is oversexualized. There is Valkyria Chronicles that flopped hard in the first weeks and sold like crazy after many price drops, there is Sonic that seems to be almost dead. Not to mention, stuff like Virtua Fighter, Golden Axe... honestly, id think those took more prejudice then any Yakuza released. SEGA is a niche publisher now and Yakuza is the only series they can milk all the way as a franchise...

Ofc none of that mean we will get the game. I just want to be optimistic...
---
NP: R&C A Crack in Time and Tales of Symphonia.
#34bokolifePosted 1/19/2013 3:47:43 PM
I understand why the guy doesn't like yakuza...

He is just trying to create a list so people will click on his page when he could've just summed up his hatred in one sentence.

"I do not like beat-em-up games."

if you don't like beat-em-up games then you would clearly not like Yakuza...
#35Shy420Posted 1/19/2013 4:22:54 PM
PangLa posted...
Because of idiot like this that doesn't understand the game and will bash it and complain about it if it comes out. (like IGN on Yakuza 4)

http://kotaku.com/5976960/five-reasons-yakuza-5-is-not-for-me

Oh I get it, an idiot because he has a different opinion than yours. I really would have thought you would have called him a troll. Isn't it weird how the title is "Five Reasons Yakuza 5 IS NOT FOR ME". Doesn't he point out how he hasn't played the previous games. I imagine most people who never played the game may be put off by the same things.

So tired of gamers thinking we should all share a hive mind when it comes to opinions. TC who is bothered that someone doesn't like Yakuza 5 is the same type of person who hates that people love Call of Duty.
---
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My life is my own.
#36Boneca91Posted 1/19/2013 4:51:59 PM
Man, somebody really needs to burn down Kotaku, dear god...
---
PSN:GenkiMGP
#37RomanBlade00Posted 1/19/2013 5:10:40 PM
Shy420 posted...
PangLa posted...
Because of idiot like this that doesn't understand the game and will bash it and complain about it if it comes out. (like IGN on Yakuza 4)

Oh I get it, an idiot because he has a different opinion than yours. I really would have thought you would have called him a troll. Isn't it weird how the title is "Five Reasons Yakuza 5 IS NOT FOR ME". Doesn't he point out how he hasn't played the previous games. I imagine most people who never played the game may be put off by the same things.

So tired of gamers thinking we should all share a hive mind when it comes to opinions. TC who is bothered that someone doesn't like Yakuza 5 is the same type of person who hates that people love Call of Duty.

I think the reason he's pissed is because the writer from Kotaku is writing about a series in which the fifth game has yet to come out in North America or in Europe. Many Yakuza fans in North America and Europe such as myself are hoping this game makes its way here and here you have this guy from an American gaming blog that has some exposure basically going off on it. Hey, talk about it all you want but at least wait until the game comes out first here and not give any ideas or reasons to the suits over at SEGA to cancel an English release.
---
PSN: romanblade86
#38Shy420Posted 1/19/2013 11:42:13 PM
RomanBlade00 posted...
Shy420 posted...
PangLa posted...

I think the reason he's pissed is because the writer from Kotaku is writing about a series in which the fifth game has yet to come out in North America or in Europe. Many Yakuza fans in North America and Europe such as myself are hoping this game makes its way here and here you have this guy from an American gaming blog that has some exposure basically going off on it. Hey, talk about it all you want but at least wait until the game comes out first here and not give any ideas or reasons to the suits over at SEGA to cancel an English release.

If Of The End made it over here you can bet 5 will. Even if it's only on PSN.

I'm looking forward to 5 having played every Yakuza game but I can completely understand how a new to the series play wouldn't like the game.
---
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My life is my own.