This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is your favorite PS2 classic on the PSN?

#1iZanzabarPosted 1/19/2013 12:47:55 PM
I'v been replaying San Andreas.
---
stuff
#2RomangeloPosted 1/19/2013 12:51:56 PM
Disgaea 1
---
X > V > T > VI > XII > XIII-2 > X-2 > XIII > TLR > VIII > VII > IV > IX > III > I > II
#3poporulezPosted 1/19/2013 1:04:27 PM
Lapucelle Tactics.
---
PSN Tag: soulofrebirth
Official Cyndaquil of PMD3 board. Official Adol Christin of everything. People who REALLY like Ys: 1
#4AmanoJPosted 1/19/2013 1:19:24 PM
I really like Maximo. It was a great game on ps2, and I still really enjoy it. It was on my huge list of games I still need to buy, even from ps2 days (there are literally dozens I still want to own), so it was nice to be able to get a copy to have, even if it is only digital.
Disgaea games have always been on my list, need to get that.

Odin Sphere is pretty neat. It's very different. I rented it back when it came out, and I have it now on my ps3. Still haven't finished it, but it's very unique.

I actually just bought and have been playing Psychonauts. That's another I rented when it was released, but I got almost nowhere in it. It's been a real treat to play through it now. I really, really wish they had taken a little more time to polish the game and perfect things like controls (the jumping mechanic is so stiff and delayed, not clean like other platformer titles from last gen like jak or ratchet) or some of the audio glitches and things, but the good has made up for the bad in my opinion. It's a very funny and charming game, and I am glad I bought it.

Really wish they would start beefing up the ps2 section. There are many more I would buy if they showed up on there (but stop the price increases for popular games... make it 10 bucks flat at most... GTA SA shouldn't be 15 bucks. I can get it on disc for a fraction of that. You can even get it brand new on disc for just about that price.)
---
Clever got me this far, then tricky got me in.
#5RomanBlade00Posted 1/19/2013 1:20:46 PM
I bought Odin Sphere but briefly played it. I'm satisfied with the purchase. I may also buy Siren and Shinobi.
---
PSN: romanblade86
#6Hipster_CandyPosted 1/19/2013 1:24:16 PM
Persona 3, GOD HAND and Odin Sphere
---
"The Arcana Is The Means By Which All Is Revealed"
#7The_Pig_HostagePosted 1/19/2013 1:28:08 PM
Persona 3, easily.
#8SilverKujaPosted 1/19/2013 1:30:06 PM
War of the Monsters
---
PSN: xKUJAx
#9Devilman_AmonPosted 1/19/2013 1:38:55 PM
God Hand
Shinobi
Persona 3 FES
Odin Sphere
Gungrave Overdose

These are the 5 best

Honorable mention to Maximo and Virtua Fighter 4 EVO (EU)

I can't really say I like War of the Monsters much when I've played Robot Alchemic Drive, Tetsujin 28-Go, Ultraman, and Ultraman Battle Evolution series which are all better...even the PS2 Godzilla games...

Capcom vs SNK 2 & Castlevania LoI would be up there if they weren't just on JPN PSN...
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#10Devilman_AmonPosted 1/19/2013 1:39:50 PM
Oh and San Andreas (and any GTA game for that matter) is better served on the PC due to mods..
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)