This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Guns or Games? Which would you choose to go?

#21bigdeezPosted 1/19/2013 2:40:04 PM
The state i live in has stupid laws. They can only sell GLOCKS to EMT (which i am) Police and fireman. But anyone can buy an AK-47????? WTF. i say ban guns
#22UniversquallPosted 1/19/2013 2:40:22 PM
Guns. Although the mass suicides would be bad.
---
NP: Jurassic Park (PS3) Skyrim (PC) Jetpack Joyride, Final Fantasy I (Vita) Nope (WiiU60)
#23Romulus-PrimePosted 1/19/2013 2:41:06 PM
If it were up to me, I would rather ban guns. Then everybody would fight with swords. :D
#24userfrigginamePosted 1/19/2013 2:42:53 PM
Devilman_Amon posted...
Undead_Yakuza posted...
LtMessiahDM504 posted...
If I had to choose, games of course.

Banning guns won't stop gun violence. Only an idiot would think that way.

Do these things:
1) Look at countries where citizens aren't allowed to be in possession of firearms.
2) Look at their gun violence statistics.
3) TRY to argue that a gun ban wouldn't reduce gun violence.

You're right but the problem is the U.S. is too far gone in their obsession over guns for you to take them away without them going insane about it and possibly trying to spark a small civil war out of idiocy.

This is true. Guns are so imbedded in our culture that there's a big outcry over even taking an inch with certain regulations to keep guns outta potentially wrong hands.
#25Undead_YakuzaPosted 1/19/2013 2:43:00 PM
Godly_Goof posted...
Undead_Yakuza posted...
LtMessiahDM504 posted...

Do these things:
1) Look at countries where citizens aren't allowed to be in possession of firearms.

And increase stabbings, beatings, etc. >.>

The logic that banning guns reduces violence is truly moronic. They'll just find another method to use instead.

Well, we would, arguably, have fewer cases of children/teenagers taking their dad's shotgun with them to school, and then killing a couple of kids, as the firearms simply would be beyond normal reach for them.
#26Godly_GoofPosted 1/19/2013 2:45:23 PM
Undead_Yakuza posted...
Godly_Goof posted...
Undead_Yakuza posted...
LtMessiahDM504 posted...

Do these things:

The logic that banning guns reduces violence is truly moronic. They'll just find another method to use instead.

Well, we would, arguably, have fewer cases of children/teenagers taking their dad's shotgun with them to school, and then killing a couple of kids, as the firearms simply would be beyond normal reach for them.

Which happens maybe twice a year. Maybe. Compare that to all the Highschool kid stabbings and it's nothing.
---
"All things are about Jesus Homer .......... Except this."
#27LtMessiahDM504Posted 1/19/2013 2:45:57 PM
Undead_Yakuza posted...
Firearms are banned in my country (Denmark) and we have almost next to zero gun violence and killings because of it. So I would ban the guns.

The difference is Denmark was never a country born out of voilence through use of guns, so thye never established a feverish gun culture and a pervasive obsession over guns.

It's just like how there's no drinking age limit in France and yet you don't see as much alchohol abuse there as you do in the U.S. with kids because it's so "rebellious" to drink under age.

People in the U.S. will go nuts if guns were to be banned because the gun culture is part of this country since the dawn of it and many rednecks have nothing else to do while the gun companies and NRA make a killing off of them.
Itd be the equivalent of trying to erase smoking or get rid of gas.

So rednecks are the only gun owners in America? Is this another typical gamefaqs generalization?

Undead_Yakuza posted...
LtMessiahDM504 posted...

Do these things:

Beat me to it. Be careful though, some people refuse to get it.
#28Devilman_AmonPosted 1/19/2013 2:46:28 PM
Godly_Goof posted...

Riiiiight

Let's look at the day of the Norwalk shooting:

Adam Lanza, with an AR-15, shot 20 kids within minutes with it along with 6 adults killing them all and eventually himself. Using a gun that his mom legally owned and allowed him to practice with on the range and have responsibility of maintaining in the house, despite her knowing he had mental issues.

The same day, a man in China also attacked 20 kids with a knife, yet none of them died.

Which one was more effective?
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#29UniversquallPosted 1/19/2013 2:48:06 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#30Devilman_AmonPosted 1/19/2013 2:49:19 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]