This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Guns or Games? Which would you choose to go?

#241Lefty128kPosted 1/20/2013 12:37:03 AM
Chargrilled posted...
Undead_Yakuza posted...
Firearms are banned in my country (Denmark) and we have almost next to zero gun violence and killings because of it. So I would ban the guns.

Same, except replace denmark with united kingdom

Posted already, but here you go again....

UK gun crime rises 35%

http://www.humanevents.com/2012/12/15/gun-crime-soars-in-england-by-35-where-guns-are-banned/

Here's another source.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-154307/Gun-crime-soars-35.html

So, how's that ban working out?
#242nintendogamer13Posted 1/20/2013 12:39:07 AM
guns, because i would get them illegally anyway, as would half of the US. Who would enforce a law no one would follow?
---
Now playing: FFVII, Persona 3FES, Torchlight 2, witcher 2
#243Devilman_AmonPosted 1/20/2013 12:45:57 AM
Lefty128k posted...

The Founding Fathers wrote tons of documents that specifically identify the 2nd Amendment as formed to protect against a tyrannical government.

crap....last week I had a link to an actual law list dating from the original Bill or Rights up to 1940 specifically to deny rights to Blacks in terms of gun ownage....I can't find it now : (
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#244656stoogePosted 1/20/2013 12:47:32 AM
A rise of 35%. That doesn't necessarily mean much if the numbers weren't that high to begin with.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ_wbc3Z5C8
#245beebarbPosted 1/20/2013 1:15:14 AM(edited)
Guns really should be the thing that's banned (or at least more tightly controlled).

Games provide an outlet for violent thoughts and anger issues. Which is contrary to the belief that they cause violence. In the few cases where they have seemingly caused violence, there is an underlying psychological issue.
The belief that games cause violence is actually the problem, as when a belief is strong enough, people produce/perceive the results they expect.

Guns however by nature are a tool of violence. I may not be American, but I know enough about the US constitution to realise the true intent of "the right to bear arms". The US constitution (including the second amendment) was drafted at a time when the US didn't have a well established military, and as such the right was required in case a militia needed to be formed to defend the states from an attacking force.

These days such a requirement is not necessary and the US has to adopt tighter gun regulations.
---
We shall rise again to start anew.
White FC: 0862-2660-4156 / 3DS FC: 2492-4470-1418 / White 2 FC: 4556-7836-2644
#246Lefty128kPosted 1/20/2013 1:10:00 AM
656stooge posted...
A rise of 35%. That doesn't necessarily mean much if the numbers weren't that high to begin with.

So read the article for yourself and decide if the presented numbers "mean much".
#247Arin_ApokolipsPosted 1/20/2013 1:11:43 AM
nintendogamer13 posted...
guns, because i would get them illegally anyway, as would half of the US. Who would enforce a law no one would follow?

It's simple, make the possession and ownership of guns punishable with life in prison. Then you'd think twice about owning one.
---
The world is your playground.
#248TheCyborgNinjaPosted 1/20/2013 1:12:03 AM
Guns can go. I'm not compensating for anything.
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#249Yankeehazard191Posted 1/20/2013 1:12:04 AM
OEIO999 posted...
LtMessiahDM504 posted...
If I had to choose, games of course.

Banning guns won't stop gun violence. Only an idiot would think that way.

It'd be a start

Go look at whats happening in Australia and then we'll talk
---
You don't have daddy issues! Now Luke Sky Walker that guy has daddy issues.
#250Lefty128kPosted 1/20/2013 1:21:05 AM
Devilman_Amon posted...
Lefty128k posted...

The Founding Fathers wrote tons of documents that specifically identify the 2nd Amendment as formed to protect against a tyrannical government.

crap....last week I had a link to an actual law list dating from the original Bill or Rights up to 1940 specifically to deny rights to Blacks in terms of gun ownage....I can't find it now : (

Your argument is that 2nd's purpose is to promote slavery and racism, you linked to articles saying that very thing. If that's the original purpose then it would be in the original Bill of Rights as submitted for ratification.

http://usgovinfo.about.com/blfirstbor.htm

Oops, not in there.