This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Guns or Games? Which would you choose to go?

#281nintendogamer13Posted 1/20/2013 1:38:59 AM
BaseChouGoku posted...
nintendogamer13 posted...

The "problem" is that adam lanza was a maniacal suicidal depressive loner on anti depressant drugs that used STOLEN guns from his mother to kill kids for no reason.
Ban drugs, oh wait....they are banned but people still get those right? Not like hundreds are dying across the border because of them or anything....

The problem is that his mom gave him clear access to those guns at all times in the house. The problem was that she was an irresponsible parent. The problem was that she (and the negligent father who did't speak to them for over 2 years) created a recipe for disaster allowing the two to mix within that household.
And once again stop comparing and address the problems at hand instead of redirecting.

so I am to be punished for irresponsible parenting? You want to take my guns away for something this guy did? Im not gonna hear it, and obviously im not the only one.
---
Now playing: FFVII, Persona 3FES, Torchlight 2, witcher 2
#282Wario_manPosted 1/20/2013 1:40:50 AM
Alcohol wasn't made solely to get people drunk

Alcoholic beverages were... or are you going to tell me that the case of Ice House sitting at my mom's place was originally made to sterilize surgical equipment?

I thought they were made just to be had and enjoyed and getting drunk was just a by product.
I also don't care what kind of problems with alcohol your mother has, tell it to a professional, not me.

Getting drunk is where the fun comes from with alcoholic beverages. That little buzz you get after downing a few drinks? Yeah, that's the beginning stage of getting drunk and is more than enough to cause violent mood swings or hazardous driving. The whole point of drinking alcoholic beverages is to feel the "joy" of being intoxicated. How many people do you hear talking about how they're going to go to the bar to drink to the amount before they feel buzzed then stop? Now compare that with how many people talk about going to the bar to either get buzzed or plastered to enjoy the night... Yeah...

So that's how they were since the beginning of time?
"Yo, Moses, 'bout to invent this drink. Gonna make you drunk and you'll have fun." "Really? That's interesting, I've never heard of drunk before" "Nobody has but I"m inventing it now. The sole purpose is to drink lots and get drunk. There's no inbetween, no way you could enjoy it responsibly, just drink more and more and more."
---
Respect isn't learned, it's earned.
#283nedrithPosted 1/20/2013 1:42:54 AM
656stooge posted...
The "They'll get it anyway" logic is my favourite. Because when I was a teen and pissed off with the world I had only to click my fingers and I could have gotten an assault rifle.
In fact I bet there's a guy down the road selling them out his car trunk as I type. It's that easy.

*eye roll*

This. There is also a difference between a pissed off person grabbing their nearby gun and shooting the person they are pissed of at and a pissed off person contacting that illegal person that they happen to know and going down to get the gun and then shooting the person. Most people won't do the latter if they would do the former they would cool down before they complete it.

I also find it funny when people bring up second amendment rights, you mean the amendment that was made when most guns couldn't be easily hidden(pistols) couldn't fire multiple shots quickly(most weapons) and weren't automatic(assault rifles and such). The problem is the amendment was made in a completely different time period compared to the current time period. Not to mention the right to bear arms doesn't mean the right to bear any type of arms the person chooses.

I don't support a gun ban, but I do support banning specific types of guns. Those that can be easily hidden, are made to fire a large amount of shots without reloading or that are made to fire a lot of shots very quickly shouldn't be allowed.
#284BaseChouGokuPosted 1/20/2013 1:43:17 AM
BaseChouGoku posted...

The "problem" is that adam lanza was a maniacal suicidal depressive loner on anti depressant drugs that used STOLEN guns from his mother to kill kids for no reason.
Ban drugs, oh wait....they are banned but people still get those right? Not like hundreds are dying across the border because of them or anything....

The problem is that his mom gave him clear access to those guns at all times in the house. The problem was that she was an irresponsible parent. The problem was that she (and the negligent father who did't speak to them for over 2 years) created a recipe for disaster allowing the two to mix within that household.
And once again stop comparing and address the problems at hand instead of redirecting.

so I am to be punished for irresponsible parenting? You want to take my guns away for something this guy did? Im not gonna hear it, and obviously im not the only one.

What are you going to do about it? Start a civil war?
#285calhoun1389Posted 1/20/2013 1:44:32 AM
"Yo, Moses, 'bout to invent this drink. Gonna make you drunk and you'll have fun." "Really? That's interesting, I've never heard of drunk before" "Nobody has but I"m inventing it now. The sole purpose is to drink lots and get drunk. There's no inbetween, no way you could enjoy it responsibly, just drink more and more and more."

What does this have to do with any of the modern day drinks that are manufactured for the sole purpose of getting you drunk, at any level of being drunk which includes the "buzzed" stage? Had they not intended people to continue to drink until they started feeling like their brain was altered in any way, they would have done something to get the same flavor without the nasty side effect of altering your mental state. It wouldn't be impossible.. hell, to substitute light beer you just have to piss into a bottle and chill it.
---
My first born, Jackson was born on Friday, May 11, 2012.
My Anime List: http://tinyurl.com/c6ylh9y (Updates regularly)
#286BaseChouGokuPosted 1/20/2013 1:46:33 AM
calhoun1389 posted...

I never said they were her's. They belong to her boyfriend who's living in her house... As he isn't paying any bills, it's not his home, it's her's.

Why does your mom have a dead beat boyfriend?

I'm having a hard time believing you...
#287calhoun1389Posted 1/20/2013 1:51:35 AM
Why does your mom have a dead beat boyfriend?

I'm having a hard time believing you...

Because she has low standards? Hell if I know... Hell if I even care anymore... But that's all beside the point and rather off topic.
---
My first born, Jackson was born on Friday, May 11, 2012.
My Anime List: http://tinyurl.com/c6ylh9y (Updates regularly)
#288Lefty128kPosted 1/20/2013 1:52:11 AM
BaseChouGoku posted...
Lefty128k posted...

If the point is "saving the children" than shouldn't we look at the biggest "problem" first?

Once again you want to ignore the topic at hand to suite your own personal fetish

I've done anything but ignore this topic. The amount and content of my posts prove that.

Having the company of about 100,000,000 other Americans, I'd hardly call it a personal fetish.
#289Wario_manPosted 1/20/2013 1:53:23 AM

What does this have to do with any of the modern day drinks that are manufactured for the sole purpose of getting you drunk, at any level of being drunk which includes the "buzzed" stage? Had they not intended people to continue to drink until they started feeling like their brain was altered in any way, they would have done something to get the same flavor without the nasty side effect of altering your mental state. It wouldn't be impossible.. hell, to substitute light beer you just have to piss into a bottle and chill it.

I said the sole reason guns were invented was to kill, you said the sole reason an alcoholic beverage was invented was to get drunk. I'm saying that couldn't have been the case and even now people only have one or two beers/wines at dinner, if that and though people probably got drunk back in ancient times I doubt that was the intent when it was first invented.
---
If you have accepted Santa Christ as your lord and saviour, and are 100% proud of it, put this as your sig.
#290BaseChouGokuPosted 1/20/2013 1:55:22 AM
Lefty128k posted...
BaseChouGoku posted...
Lefty128k posted...

If the point is "saving the children" than shouldn't we look at the biggest "problem" first?

Once again you want to ignore the topic at hand to suite your own personal fetish

I've done anything but ignore this topic. The amount and content of my posts prove that.

Having the company of about 100,000,000 other Americans, I'd hardly call it a personal fetish.

By ignore I mean derail the issue by pointing the finger at other causes of death.

and by personal I meant you You there shining your gun as if it were a phallic symbol trying to overcompensate for your shortcomings...