This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Guns or Games? Which would you choose to go?

#31LtMessiahDM504Posted 1/19/2013 2:50:40 PM
Assault weapons should be banned. That should be reserved for just special law enforcement teams and the military. Hunting rifles, shotguns, and pistols are fine if obtained legally and registered. I don't mind losing the chance to score an assault rifle, I just prefer to have the ability to protect my family if the police don't get here in the next second.

I completely agree with that saying, when seconds matter, the police are minutes away. I have been in a situation somewhat similar to that. I prefer to have the option to protect my wife and child.
#32mjc0961Posted 1/19/2013 2:50:50 PM
Assuming we're just talking about for the general populace and not the military/police and so on, guns obviously. Number of times crazy people have shot up places with guns, a lot. Number of times crazy people have killed people with video game, zero.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#33chrissy147Posted 1/19/2013 2:52:06 PM
My mind is blown as to why anyone wouldn't ban guns anyway.
---
Only Me
#34LtMessiahDM504Posted 1/19/2013 2:52:17 PM
Universquall posted...

Think less like a human and more like an American.

But I dont like to wear jean overalls with no shirt and barefoot...

what a tool
#35mjc0961Posted 1/19/2013 2:52:18 PM
LtMessiahDM504 posted...
LtMessiahDM504 posted...
If I had to choose, games of course.

Banning guns won't stop gun violence. Only an idiot would think that way.

It'd be a start

Maybe banning violent video games would be the correct start?

Remember, banning guns just removes the legal way to obtain the guns. You can't pick up cocaine and heroine at Walgreens or CVS, but they are readily available among the drug community. So let's take the guns out of the hands of the home owners and let them remain in the hands of the dope fiends. And with that knowledge of home owners only being able to protect themselves with a kitchen knife or sauce pan, commence the home robbery.

And banning violent video games is going to help... How? It isn't because violent games have nothing to do with it. Now get off GameFAQs and go back to proposing crappy laws, the people of your state didn't elect you to troll message boards.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#36Undead_YakuzaPosted 1/19/2013 2:52:51 PM
Godly_Goof posted...
Undead_Yakuza posted...
Godly_Goof posted...
Undead_Yakuza posted...
LtMessiahDM504 posted...

Do these things:
1) Look at countries where citizens aren't allowed to be in possession of firearms.
2) Look at their gun violence statistics.
3) TRY to argue that a gun ban wouldn't reduce gun violence.

And increase stabbings, beatings, etc. >.>

The logic that banning guns reduces violence is truly moronic. They'll just find another method to use instead.

Well, we would, arguably, have fewer cases of children/teenagers taking their dad's shotgun with them to school, and then killing a couple of kids, as the firearms simply would be beyond normal reach for them.

Which happens maybe twice a year. Maybe. Compare that to all the Highschool kid stabbings and it's nothing.

Never happens in my country. And you know what, I feel that two school shootings a year is perhaps a tad too many.

In North America, people have legal access to firearms, and they learn how to use them effectively from an early age. People who do not understand why said country has so many firearm related crimes, are either ignorant or simply refuse to accept the truth.
#37OEIO999Posted 1/19/2013 2:56:12 PM(edited)
Devilman_Amon posted...
Godly_Goof posted...

And increase stabbings, beatings, etc. >.>

The logic that banning guns reduces violence is truly moronic. They'll just find another method to use instead.

Riiiiight

Let's look at the day of the Norwalk shooting:

Adam Lanza, with an AR-15, shot 20 kids within minutes with it along with 6 adults killing them all and eventually himself. Using a gun that his mom legally owned and allowed him to practice with on the range and have responsibility of maintaining in the house, despite her knowing he had mental issues.

The same day, a man in China also attacked 20 kids with a knife, yet none of them died.

Which one was more effective?

Just what I was thinking. I'd rather be confronted by a guy threatening me with a knife or his fists, than a guy carrying a gun which would stop me in my tracks.

Think about the Columbine massacre (they blamed games back then as well) or the more recent ones such as the batman filming or elementary school, things would've been much more difficult for the attacker had he arrived with a knife or his fists
#38LtMessiahDM504Posted 1/19/2013 2:55:59 PM
LtMessiahDM504 posted...
LtMessiahDM504 posted...

It'd be a start

Maybe banning violent video games would be the correct start?

Remember, banning guns just removes the legal way to obtain the guns. You can't pick up cocaine and heroine at Walgreens or CVS, but they are readily available among the drug community. So let's take the guns out of the hands of the home owners and let them remain in the hands of the dope fiends. And with that knowledge of home owners only being able to protect themselves with a kitchen knife or sauce pan, commence the home robbery.

And banning violent video games is going to help... How? It isn't because violent games have nothing to do with it. Now get off GameFAQs and go back to proposing crappy laws, the people of your state didn't elect you to troll message boards.

I was being sarcastic.
#39Devilman_AmonPosted 1/19/2013 2:56:26 PM
LtMessiahDM504 posted...
Assault weapons should be banned. That should be reserved for just special law enforcement teams and the military. Hunting rifles, shotguns, and pistols are fine if obtained legally and registered. I don't mind losing the chance to score an assault rifle, I just prefer to have the ability to protect my family if the police don't get here in the next second.

I completely agree with that saying, when seconds matter, the police are minutes away. I have been in a situation somewhat similar to that. I prefer to have the option to protect my wife and child.

The only reason people want them is to play with them like toys. Just the wow factor of owning one really.

I even concede to say okay if you really want to fire one that badly, there's places like the Gun Store in Las Vegas where you can pay to shoot one as much as you like.
Many of these obsessive gun owners are really just manchilds drooling over playing with these guns like toys. Not for actual "protection" from would be criminals or a "oh noes tyrannical government" like the maniacal conspiracy truthers would like you to believe
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#40LtMessiahDM504Posted 1/19/2013 2:58:55 PM
LtMessiahDM504 posted...

The only reason people want them is to play with them like toys. Just the wow factor of owning one really.

I even concede to say okay if you really want to fire one that badly, there's places like the Gun Store in Las Vegas where you can pay to shoot one as much as you like.
Many of these obsessive gun owners are really just manchilds drooling over playing with these guns like toys. Not for actual "protection" from would be criminals or a "oh noes tyrannical government" like the maniacal conspiracy truthers would like you to believe

So your saying I own guns for the wow factor? Im glad your on to me. The fact I have a $1200 pistol I haven't even fired that stays packed up out of reach just in case, says hey guys look at me? Must be right? In my jean overalls right?