This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Guns or Games? Which would you choose to go?

#41Mister_Biggie(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 3:58:58 PM
This is a comparison of crime statistics from 1992 - 2012. This has information from USA and the UK.

Crime rates are dropping, by a ton of percentage. Guns are not the problem.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/83000726/
---
PSN: Phalanx24
Steam: Ronsonols
#42Devilman_AmonPosted 1/19/2013 4:00:02 PM
I will say this though; one thing people seem to NOT be talking about is all this prescription drug abuse and lack of proper parenting and mental health issues.

Just like the gun industry in the U.S. , the prescription drug industry is also just as big and an unstoppable greedy juggernaut that looks the other way when tragedies happen due to the almighty dollar.
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#43LtMessiahDM504Posted 1/19/2013 4:02:36 PM
This is a comparison of crime statistics from 1992 - 2012. This has information from USA and the UK.

Crime rates are dropping, by a ton of percentage. Guns are not the problem.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/83000726/

Maybe these forensic psychiatrists are on to something.
#44Devilman_AmonPosted 1/19/2013 4:05:46 PM(edited)
LtMessiahDM504 posted...

So your saying I own guns for the wow factor? Im glad your on to me. The fact I have a $1200 pistol I haven't even fired that stays packed up out of reach just in case, says hey guys look at me? Must be right? In my jean overalls right?

This is the problem with many gun owners: they assume that just because they think they themselves are normal that the majority is normal too and that anyone with a gun that got it legally that "said" they got it to protect themselves is innocent by assumption and therefore trustworthy.
Oh the neighbor down the street is known to be bat **** insane along with his kids and he owns guns and I know about it? Well who cares cause I own a gun too so as long as I think I am safe who cares. If he comes to attack me I'll just fire mah guns. I'm "safe".

Oh another mass shooting happened? Oh well sucks for them. I'm still alive I got mah guns. Oh if I was there you bet I woulda saved everyone like Rambo no problem.

Oh noes! They wanna ban excessive assault rifles? Nooooo that means they wanna take way my handgun! It's a slippery slope! The government is turning evil and this is a new world order! paranoia at its best..
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#45wstfldPosted 1/19/2013 4:04:42 PM(edited)
Undead_Yakuza posted...
LtMessiahDM504 posted...
If I had to choose, games of course.

Banning guns won't stop gun violence. Only an idiot would think that way.

Do these things:
1) Look at countries where citizens aren't allowed to be in possession of firearms.
2) Look at their gun violence statistics.
3) TRY to argue that a gun ban wouldn't reduce gun violence.

And increase stabbings, beatings, etc. >.>

The logic that banning guns reduces violence is truly moronic. They'll just find another method to use instead.

But they don't die. That's like all the gun nuts talking about that chinese dude stabbing 22 kids. The difference between that and Newton is there were zero funerals in China. If that guy had a knife two middle aged women in that office could have stopped him.
---
Last Played: Civ 5 G&K (9.5/10)
Now Playing: XCOM Enemy Unknown, Civ 5, DmC, SOTC HD
#46FungumPosted 1/19/2013 4:08:23 PM
Banning firearms isn't going to get rid of the millions and millions already illegally on the streets. Serious gun crime wouldn't be deterred, only the occasional shooting by a deranged individual could possibly be deterred.

Which, how do you honestly think wouldn't happen anyway?

Seriously. Once someone has decided they want to become a mass-murderer and be known in the annals of heinous crime, it's going to happen.

Option A) grab mommies/daddies/buy my own legal AR-15
Option B) Buy one of the millions available on the black market.

As for other Countries, places like Denmark don't even have our amount of firearms in the first place. They've never had to arm their own militia's, and they've never had criminals smuggling firearms by the thousands. You can't compare the two based on murders by firearms alone. That's ****ing stupid.
#47LtMessiahDM504Posted 1/19/2013 4:09:04 PM
LtMessiahDM504 posted...

So your saying I own guns for the wow factor? Im glad your on to me. The fact I have a $1200 pistol I haven't even fired that stays packed up out of reach just in case, says hey guys look at me? Must be right? In my jean overalls right?

This is the problem with many gun owners: they assume that just because they think they themselves are normal that the majority is normal too and that anyone with a gun that got it legally that "said" they got it to protect themselves is innocent by assumption and therefore trustworthy.
Oh the neighbor down the street is known to be bat **** insane along with his kids and he owns guns and I know about it? Well who cares cause I own a gun too so as long as I think I am safe who cares. If he comes to attack me I'll just fire mah guns. I'm "safe".

Oh another mass shooting happened? Oh well sucks for them. I'm still alive I got mah guns. Oh if I was there you bet I woulda saved everyone like Rambo no problem.

I get what your saying, but its just mass generalizations by you. Just like your comments about americans wearing jean overalls, all gun owners being rednecks, gun owners only own guns for the wow factor, and now gun owners only 'think' they are normal. I have guns to protect mine (family).

Are you married? Got kids?
#48LtMessiahDM504Posted 1/19/2013 4:10:01 PM
Banning firearms isn't going to get rid of the millions and millions already illegally on the streets. Serious gun crime wouldn't be deterred, only the occasional shooting by a deranged individual could possibly be deterred.

Which, how do you honestly think wouldn't happen anyway?

Seriously. Once someone has decided they want to become a mass-murderer and be known in the annals of heinous crime, it's going to happen.

Option A) grab mommies/daddies/buy my own legal AR-15
Option B) Buy one of the millions available on the black market.

As for other Countries, places like Denmark don't even have our amount of firearms in the first place. They've never had to arm their own militia's, and they've never had criminals smuggling firearms by the thousands. You can't compare the two based on murders by firearms alone. That's ****ing stupid.

This is gamefaqs, remember your probably talking to someone that is 12 and read a newspaper once.
#49riddlebox89Posted 1/19/2013 4:13:26 PM
Neither, banning either of them would be stupid.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#50ShineboxerPosted 1/19/2013 4:14:22 PM
I own 6 guns. never had a violent thought in my life.

The neglect of the mentally ill is the core problem here.
---
Intel Core i5-3570K | ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE |ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti | G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD