This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Guns or Games? Which would you choose to go?

#421Lefty128kPosted 1/20/2013 7:39:21 PM
SieKensou posted...
Lefty128k posted...
Yup, he stole his mothers guns from his mothers house where he lived.

Edit/add, he had to kill his mother to get away with it.

shot her with her guns...... ok.. if she didn't have the guns, he wouldn't be able to shoot her with her nonexistant guns

He would just switch to another weapon. I'm sure there were a hundred things in that house he could use as an effective weapon.
#422SieKensouPosted 1/20/2013 7:46:43 PM(edited)
Lefty128k posted...
SieKensou posted...
Lefty128k posted...

shot her with her guns...... ok.. if she didn't have the guns, he wouldn't be able to shoot her with her nonexistant guns

He would just switch to another weapon. I'm sure there were a hundred things in that house he could use as an effective weapon.

a knife could be a weapon, a hammer can be a weapon, a ruler can be a weapon, a padlock could be a weapon.....

those won't deal the damage guns can.

they can all be disarmed far easier than guns.

there's also a range limiter on those "weapons".. guns don't have a range limitation.

i'm not saying to ignore mental illness either.

and as i said earlier... being on high alert 24/7 makes you overstress easier. being easily overstressed will make you have a high chance of mental illness.
---
Tear Grants: Yappari Kawaiii~! <3<3<3
Want/Interested/Recommended Games: http://artonelico.isisview.org/viewtopic.php?p=362462#p362462
#423Lefty128kPosted 1/20/2013 7:56:01 PM
SieKensou posted...
Lefty128k posted...
SieKensou posted...
Lefty128k posted...

a knife could be a weapon, a hammer can be a weapon, a ruler can be a weapon, a padlock could be a weapon.....

those won't deal the damage guns can.

they can all be disarmed far easier than guns.

there's also a range limiter on those "weapons".. guns don't have a range limitation.

i'm not saying to ignore mental illness either.

and as i said earlier... being on high alert 24/7 makes you overstress easier. being easily overstressed will make you have a high chance of mental illness.

Point is, without guns the weapon is switched. Banning guns doesn't lower violent crime, it just alters it. The one thing it does do is ensure that good people don't have guns.

Why do you keep bringing up stress?

You said that the movie patrons didn't need guns if there was security.
People get attacked outside of theaters as well.
Therefore the government would have to provide 24/7/365 security.
What is the plan to provide that for 300,000,000+ people?

The other option is to just obey the Second amendment and let good people stay armed.
#424zyrax2301Posted 1/20/2013 7:59:35 PM
Lefty128k posted...
Point is, without guns the weapon is switched. Banning guns doesn't lower violent crime, it just alters it. The one thing it does do is ensure that good people don't have guns.

A psycho with a knife is nowhere near as dangerous as one with a rifle. A person can stand up to a knife, or a crowbar, or a bat. If they're looking down the barrel of a gun at range defense goes out the window. A trigger finger doesn't get tired either.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#425SieKensouPosted 1/20/2013 8:01:13 PM
Lefty128k posted...

reduced damage. you didn't fully read my post.

Why do you keep bringing up stress?

you brought up mental illness.

You said that the movie patrons didn't need guns if there was security.
People get attacked outside of theaters as well.
Therefore the government would have to provide 24/7/365 security.
What is the plan to provide that for 300,000,000+ people?

The other option is to just obey the Second amendment and let good people stay armed.

guns aren't the only way to disarm an opponent. and good security can protect civilians. good emergency response units can further aid.
---
Tear Grants: Yappari Kawaiii~! <3<3<3
Want/Interested/Recommended Games: http://artonelico.isisview.org/viewtopic.php?p=362462#p362462
#426shawnmckPosted 1/20/2013 8:06:33 PM
The poll results aren't surprising...
People will always choose something they want or desire over something they need or that is important.

It would be like choosing to go to the movies over going to work.
#427theshovellerPosted 1/20/2013 8:22:02 PM
I want to ask why we have to choose between giving up our First Amendment rights, or our Second Amendment rights? Can't we just keep both, and be done with it?
#428Lefty128kPosted 1/20/2013 8:25:44 PM
zyrax2301 posted...
Lefty128k posted...

A psycho with a knife is nowhere near as dangerous as one with a rifle. A person can stand up to a knife, or a crowbar, or a bat. If they're looking down the barrel of a gun at range defense goes out the window. A trigger finger doesn't get tired either.

You simply don't know how bad it could be with a knife.

Most people cannot stand up to those weapons, most people don't have that kind of training or mindset.

If they are looking down the barrel of a gun, then the best defense is......a gun of their own.
#429jrr18Posted 1/20/2013 8:27:37 PM(edited)
So if haveing a gun with you at all times is needed to stop people from trying to mug/kill/harm you then how does the USA explain the rest of the developed nations haveing lower crime being in general a safer place to live? Fact you don't need guns unless there's a zombie outbrake.
---
Victory over the 2013 Capcom the game demon through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#430Devilman_AmonPosted 1/20/2013 8:32:58 PM
Lefty128k posted...

Easy access? He stole the guns.

He always had full access to them because his mom was a n idiot. He took them out of the house without her permission of course but he never had to do much to 'steal' them since she practically let him have access to them at all times in the house
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)