This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Guns or Games? Which would you choose to go?

#451Lefty128kPosted 1/20/2013 9:41:14 PM
SieKensou posted...
Lefty128k posted...
SieKensou posted...
and about stress?
quoting myself again:
and as i said earlier...
being on high alert 24/7 makes you overstress easier.
being easily overstressed will make you have a high chance of mental illness.

You can make all the quotes you want.

Fact is you just brought up stress out of the blue and didn't explain why. Saying it's related to mental illness explains how it might be relevant, but doesn't explain why you brought it up in the first place.

you say mental illness is the sole cause.
i say being on high alert 24/7 causes overstress which in turn causes mental illness...

Whose on "high alert"?
#452jrr18Posted 1/20/2013 9:43:01 PM
Lefty128k posted...
jrr18 posted...
Lefty128k posted...
jrr18 posted...
^OK just looked it up but the USA still leads in homicide which was my main point.

Total homicide or per capita homicide?

Good question the source I looked at didn't say.

Yup, well shouldn't you go find out?

Feel free to link to the source while your at it.

no I lost interest and I don't really care. Canada is awesome and were sorry about justin bieber!
---
Victory over the 2013 Capcom the game demon through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#453SieKensouPosted 1/20/2013 9:43:54 PM
Lefty128k posted...
SieKensou posted...
Lefty128k posted...
SieKensou posted...
and about stress?
quoting myself again:
and as i said earlier...

Fact is you just brought up stress out of the blue and didn't explain why. Saying it's related to mental illness explains how it might be relevant, but doesn't explain why you brought it up in the first place.

i say being on high alert 24/7 causes overstress which in turn causes mental illness...

Whose on "high alert"?

if everyone around me was carrying a gun, i would be terrified of making any mistake or angering anyone if even by accident. since i don't know if i will be the trigger for them to snap. if they snap and are carrying, will they shoot me and/or go on a shooting spree at that location?... how can i be certain that they won't? if they shoot and i have a gun, what are the chances there won't be strays? what are the chances that i will pull the gun before that person? what are the chances another person won't see the situation as i am not a killer? what are the chances i won't cause a big gunfight? how can i be certain of these odds?... with all of this in mind.... what room do i have to handle regular everyday stresses?
---
Tear Grants: Yappari Kawaiii~! <3<3<3
Want/Interested/Recommended Games: http://artonelico.isisview.org/viewtopic.php?p=362462#p362462
#454Lefty128kPosted 1/20/2013 9:45:31 PM
jrr18 posted...
Lefty128k posted...
jrr18 posted...
Lefty128k posted...
jrr18 posted...
^OK just looked it up but the USA still leads in homicide which was my main point.

Total homicide or per capita homicide?

Good question the source I looked at didn't say.

Yup, well shouldn't you go find out?

Feel free to link to the source while your at it.

no I lost interest and I don't really care. Canada is awesome and were sorry about justin bieber!

Don't be sorry, just take him back.
#455Devilman_AmonPosted 1/20/2013 9:46:37 PM
Lefty128k posted...

Whose on "high alert"?

You're on high alert
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#456Lefty128kPosted 1/20/2013 9:51:15 PM
SieKensou posted...
Lefty128k posted...
SieKensou posted...
Lefty128k posted...
SieKensou posted...
and about stress?
quoting myself again:
and as i said earlier...

Whose on "high alert"?

if everyone around me was carrying a gun, i would be terrified of making any mistake or angering anyone if even by accident. since i don't know if i will be the trigger for them to snap. if they snap and are carrying, will they shoot me and/or go on a shooting spree at that location?... how can i be certain that they won't? if they shoot and i have a gun, what are the chances there won't be strays? what are the chances that i will pull the gun before that person? what are the chances another person won't see the situation as i am not a killer? what are the chances i won't cause a big gunfight? how can i be certain of these odds?... with all of this in mind.... what room do i have to handle regular everyday stresses?

Sounds like a bunch of needless worrying.
#457Lefty128kPosted 1/20/2013 9:53:13 PM
Devilman_Amon posted...
Lefty128k posted...

Whose on "high alert"?

You're on high alert

You're the one whose escalated to insults. A sure sign that you can't handle debating guns.
#458SieKensouPosted 1/20/2013 10:00:01 PM
Lefty128k posted...
SieKensou posted...
Lefty128k posted...
SieKensou posted...

Whose on "high alert"?

if it is needless worrying, i don't need to pack a gun right?

but if i don't pack a gun and everyone else was carrying, isn't it possible that any one of them could snap and try to shoot me? if i'm not armed, since i can't count on others to save me, i'm at a loss.
---
Want/Interested/Recommended Games: http://artonelico.isisview.org/viewtopic.php?p=362462#p362462
#459SieKensouPosted 1/20/2013 10:05:14 PM
Lefty128k posted...
Yup, those 22 untrained children couldn't defend themselves against a knife wielding attacker. Just like I said in my prior posts.

Devilman_Amon posted...
Like stated earlier, the same day the Lanza shooting occured, in China, a man stabbed 22 kids.

none of those kids died.

I guess they are all Shaolin kung fu masters

Like I said before, simply owning a gun does not automatically give you the training and the mindset to handle crisis situations under stress and in a surprise element.
Cops and military men can attess to this. It takes months if not years of continuous training.
And with a gun, there is the issue of friendly fire in chaotic situation.

You are really being incredibly stupid now....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
and about training required for handling these specific situations?

quoting Devilman: Cops and military will tell you it takes weeks and months of continuous training to be able to be ready for situations like that. Even with a month off, they say you lose it and it takes a while to get back. All of this was explained in that mocumentary.
Just because you own a gun doesn't make you an expert in handling crisis situations because you learned how to fire one on a shooting range herp derp. You need actual specific training for that and continuous training to stay frosty.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lefty128k posted...
You have no proof that the guns were not secured.
If they were taken without permission, that is theft...period.

SieKensou posted...
shot her with her guns...... ok.. if she didn't have the guns, he wouldn't be able to shoot her with her nonexistant guns

---
#460Lefty128kPosted 1/20/2013 10:06:57 PM
SieKensou posted...
Lefty128k posted...
SieKensou posted...
Lefty128k posted...
SieKensou posted...

Whose on "high alert"?

if it is needless worrying, i don't need to pack a gun right?

but if i don't pack a gun and everyone else was carrying, isn't it possible that any one of them could snap and try to shoot me? if i'm not armed, since i can't count on others to save me, i'm at a loss.

Carry a gun or don't, either way all of those concerns are needless worrying.