This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Guns or Games? Which would you choose to go?

#51Undead_YakuzaPosted 1/19/2013 3:17:49 PM
Fungum posted...
Banning firearms isn't going to get rid of the millions and millions already illegally on the streets. Serious gun crime wouldn't be deterred, only the occasional shooting by a deranged individual could possibly be deterred.

Which, how do you honestly think wouldn't happen anyway?

Seriously. Once someone has decided they want to become a mass-murderer and be known in the annals of heinous crime, it's going to happen.

Option A) grab mommies/daddies/buy my own legal AR-15
Option B) Buy one of the millions available on the black market.

As for other Countries, places like Denmark don't even have our amount of firearms in the first place. They've never had to arm their own militia's, and they've never had criminals smuggling firearms by the thousands. You can't compare the two based on murders by firearms alone. That's ****ing stupid.

If firearms were banned then option A would be removed, and as for option B, you would actually need to know a guy who knows a guy, which would, arguably, be a large enough hurdle for several people.

And yes, we do have criminals smuggling firearms into Denmark, and several gangs have started to use said firearms against each other, but luckily our politicians are sane enough to not thinking that arming the country's citizens would make them more safe. Anything else would be, just as you phrased it, ****ing stupid.
#52Chocobo115Posted 1/19/2013 3:18:30 PM
Guns easily. When can gun be useful as a tool when it's sole purpose is taking lives?
#53LtMessiahDM504Posted 1/19/2013 3:19:03 PM
So the gangs haven't turned their firearms onto civilians? Just gang on gang shootings?
#54Shadowbird_RHPosted 1/19/2013 3:20:28 PM
Banning guns would be for the best in my opinion, even if it wasn't as an alternative to banning games. Guns are tools for killing. Those who treat them like toys shouldn't have them in the first place, and those who count on them for survival would have to rely more heavily on their skill and wit to kill things and avoid getting killed themselves, which I can't see as anything but a good thing.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#55Devilman_AmonPosted 1/19/2013 3:20:47 PM
LtMessiahDM504 posted...

I get what your saying, but its just mass generalizations by you. Just like your comments about americans wearing jean overalls, all gun owners being rednecks, gun owners only own guns for the wow factor, and now gun owners only 'think' they are normal. I have guns to protect mine (family).

When I said that, I was really specifying the extremely vocal and dangerous nutjobs that are throwning out "you'll see a civil war uprising like 1776 if you take our guns" paranoia out there and many of them happen to be yes rednecks...
If you think I'm trying to paint you as one then thats an issue you have with yourself (if you consider yourself a redneck). I dont know who you are so thats on you. If you're not then fine no problem then

Are you married? Got kids?

I get that you want to protect your family. That's obviously a first priority and commendable thing. Everyone gets that. But no one wants to take that away from you. There are people that cling to that excuse that own 50 guns in their homes. Not the one handgun that you own. No one is talking about people like you.
Just the excessive assault rifles that aren't needed and also more importantly, stricter background checks to try to lessen the ease of morons accessing them.
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#56AlltraPosted 1/19/2013 3:21:22 PM
I don't have to choose, because neither are going anywhere.

Of course, that being said, I don't really play with guns, so I wouldn't miss them.
---
I sometimes feel as though life is a curse that has been placed on the living. I envy the unborn at times.
#57riddlebox89Posted 1/19/2013 3:21:46 PM
Chocobo115 posted...
Guns easily. When can gun be useful as a tool when it's sole purpose is taking lives?

Ever hear of self defense?
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#58Worker_8_Posted 1/19/2013 3:22:16 PM
Banning guns would only work if the country didn't already have so many in households and on the streets.

Banning guns would simply lead to the same problem with Prohibition. It would lead to a huge boom in black market sales, rise in gun violence and organized crime, etc......There's really no need to worry, though, guns or games will never get banned.
#59HolyMcmolyPosted 1/19/2013 3:24:45 PM
Only an overly patriotic, military obsessed, inbred redneck would choose to ban games over guns.
#60kingrat2314Posted 1/19/2013 3:26:24 PM
LtMessiahDM504 posted...
If I had to choose, games of course.

Banning guns won't stop gun violence. Only an idiot would think that way.

Guns are banned in Japan and Denmark, and gun violence in those two countries is almost non-existant.
---
Yep, I'm a guy! teehee <3