This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

so....i like DmC...

#1Retroxgamer0Posted 1/19/2013 4:36:18 PM(edited)
it has a very good story and very good gameplay, so i am a fan of that. its also much better than its predecessor Devil May Cry 4 and im sure not many will try to dispute that fact. It seems to be popular, and it is getting good reviews as well, so overall i will say it was a very successful title, dispite some of the ignorant hatred towards the new Dante's style, or Ninja Theory's potential cockiness (which may be warranted cause i feel they made a game onpar with some devil may cry games, which are some of the best games the ps2 ever got) What do you think?

going in with low expectations, it has exceeded my expectations, though hasnt shattered them.
#2MahoganyTooth92Posted 1/19/2013 4:35:42 PM
Good4u
---
"Mahohgay Teeth, you are wrong. Target Finder does not ignore Cold Blooded. U mad?"-HuffyChicken
#3Undead_YakuzaPosted 1/19/2013 4:38:00 PM
I was very entertained by the game, perhaps more than any game that I've played recently. Overall, I really, really like it.
#4Devilman_AmonPosted 1/19/2013 4:40:28 PM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
it has a very good story and very good gameplay, so i am a fan of that. its also much better than its predecessor Devil May Cry 4 and im sure not many will try to dispute that fact. It seems to be popular, and it is getting good reviews as well, so overall i will say it was a very successful title, dispite some of the ignorant hatred towards the new Dante's style, or Ninja Theory's potential cockiness (which may be warranted cause i feel they made a game onpar with some devil may cry games, which are some of the best games the ps2 ever got) What do you think?

going in with low expectations, it has exceeded my expectations, though hasnt shattered them.

Why do you think it is better than DMC4. And leave out the story and presentation as one of the reasons. Meaning, I want you to explain why you think it has better performance and gameplay....
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#5Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 4:48:12 PM(edited)
the gameplay is much like the other devil may cry games, but they incorporated angel and demon blades into the equation which leads to more comboing potential, and they streamlined the upgrading system and gave you more things to upgrade. they also made the items less confusing by just giving you color coded orbs that do stuff such as resurrect or restore health. they clearly tell you how the system works, and what exactly affects your overall score per mission, unlike devil may cry 1-4 which leave you doing some guess work or researching for yourself.

why do you think devil may cry 4s is better? they rebooted the series because it needed to be rebooted. god of war was getting more attention, but that doesnt seem to be the case right now does it? there isn god of war ascension right there, but dmc is getting attention. back when god of war 3 and devil may cry 4 were looming, that wasnt the case, everyone ignored devil may cry 4. the reboot helped regenerate interest.
#6Crimson SkysPosted 1/19/2013 4:48:38 PM
I'm not done with it yet but I agree that it's a great game. While the gameplay has a different style than the older games with the angelic and demonic weapon categories, they implement it very well and with practice you can pull off combos with different weapons easily. Like I said it's something you have to get used to, but if a DMC5 came out with a new gameplay mechanic you would need to get used to that as well, so I don't know why people are saying the new gameplay in DmC is a bad thing.

The graphics are excellent as well and I love the style of the game while you're in Limbo. Things are constantly moving and shifting around and it really feels like the world is alive. The levels are also very good, you never know where the next one will be. With the older DMC games the entire games basically took place in one location (DMC1 took place in the castle, 3 took place in a large tower, etc.) but with DmC you get a night club level, a factory level, a office building level, etc. so it switches things up a lot.

So yeah, so far I'm very impressed with the game and I can't wait to find out what happens next. The old DMC fanboys really need to stop believing that the old DMC games were perfection incarnate, because I've played all of them and they weren't, and give this one a try.
---
"You spoony bard!" -- Tellah (Final Fantasy IV)
#7CrimsonGear80Posted 1/19/2013 4:48:56 PM
Devilman_Amon posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...

Why do you think it is better than DMC4. And leave out the story and presentation as one of the reasons. Meaning, I want you to explain why you think it has better performance and gameplay....

God, you are so butthurt.
---
DmC is a good game. I also enjoyed the latest Final Fantasy and Resident Evil games. I like video games.
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif
#8Devilman_AmonPosted 1/19/2013 4:51:04 PM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
the gameplay is much like the other devil may cry games, but they incorporated angel and demon blades into the equation which leads to more comboing potential, and they streamlined the upgrading system and gave you more things to upgrade. they also made the items less confusing by just giving you color coded orbs that do stuff such as resurrect or restore health. they clearly tell you how the system works, and what exactly affects your overall score per mission, unlike devil may cry 1-4 which leave you doing some guess work or researching for yourself.

Items were never confusing for me though.

All you're saying is they casualized the experience for noobs.

Also you're wrong about the combo potential. Watch any combo video comparison on YT to see why

You're still leaving out the framerate thats been cut in half, the many major glitches in the game (do a search for "glitch" on the DmC board), the lack of manual lock on, the choppier animations that seem to have a delay, the enemies that can only be killed with one type of weapon thus limiting custom combo potential and worse drops in framerate and screen tearing than the previous games.
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#9Devilman_AmonPosted 1/19/2013 4:51:52 PM
CrimsonGear80 posted...

God, you are so butthurt.

Don't just stand there massage it for me....
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#10Undead_YakuzaPosted 1/19/2013 4:51:53 PM
Devilman_Amon posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...

Backtracking was a major bummer in DMC4.