This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Remember when we kept our old consoles and BC was not an issue?

#1ozranPosted 1/19/2013 3:40:34 PM
I find it funny how people like to demand BC when they could easily just keep their old system when the new system comes out.

Back in the early days of consoles this is what everyone did.

People kept their NES when the SNES came out

BC did not even start till the PS2 came out and even then people still kept their N64 when the Gamecube came out.
---
That does it! I have had it with these mother****ing trolls on this mother****ing board!!! -mercuryblade09
#2MahoganyTooth92Posted 1/19/2013 3:41:43 PM
Uh...dude? I still do keep my old consoles so BC is not an issue.
---
"Mahohgay Teeth, you are wrong. Target Finder does not ignore Cold Blooded. U mad?"-HuffyChicken
#3ozran(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 3:43:09 PM
MahoganyTooth92 posted...

Yeah you do but a lot of people like to just move on to the next thing and demand that it have BC
---
That does it! I have had it with these mother****ing trolls on this mother****ing board!!! -mercuryblade09
#4Devilman_AmonPosted 1/19/2013 3:43:48 PM
It's all about convenience and better technology as time goes on though. How many consoles do you expect people to hook up to their TV's? Currently I got PS3, PS2, 360, and Wii hooked up. So they want me to hook up a PS4, Wii U and a 720 along with them too? Kinda cumbersome....
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#5the_great_tidusPosted 1/19/2013 3:43:53 PM
having one console hooked up to the TV is better than having many consoles hooked up to a TV
---
Ni No Kuni Wizards Edition master race ^_^
Sony Wins Again
#6MahoganyTooth92Posted 1/19/2013 3:43:58 PM
ozran posted...
MahoganyTooth92 posted...

Yeah you do but a lot of people like to just move on to the next thing and demand that it have BC

Good4them
---
"Mahohgay Teeth, you are wrong. Target Finder does not ignore Cold Blooded. U mad?"-HuffyChicken
#7crazyman32Posted 1/19/2013 3:44:11 PM
I personally didn't care about BC with my 60 gig that I ended up giving to my brother when I bought my Slim.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that.I apologize for nothing.
#8Shadowbird_RHPosted 1/19/2013 3:44:32 PM
I keep my old consoles and BC is an issue. Why have half a dozen consoles hooked up and taking up space when one standard feature can consolidate it.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#9SmoshCuchPosted 1/19/2013 3:46:09 PM
Sure, but many of those people who have kept their old systems have now amassed a dozen or more consoles. It gets harder to keep them all hooked up at once, so BC means you don't have to add more. Even if you don't want to get rid of the old system for good, at least you can box it up for a bit, or hook it up to a secondary TV, and you can still play that system in your living room (or wherever).
#10Hucast9Posted 1/19/2013 3:46:32 PM
Right now I have these consoles hooked up:

- Xbox
- Xbox 360
- Gamecube
- PS2
- PS3

That's a lot of consoles. I'm running of space. I have 2 more HDMI imputs that I can use for Xbox 720 and PS4, but anything beyond that would require some sort of input selector device.

I'm hoping that good hardware backwards compatibility is available for next gen consoles to save some space.