This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fighting game story modes should be a mini sandbox adventure

#1Devilman_AmonPosted 1/19/2013 5:30:47 PM
Fighting game story modes should be a mini sandbox adventure. - Results (34 votes)
Yes
44.12% (15 votes)
No
26.47% (9 votes)
I just wanna hit wstfld and Shineboxer in the face with RollingCradle on TheWarhorse
29.41% (10 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Basically you pick a character each with their own story objective and you traverse through the city or towns open world rpg style taking on smaller minions here, leveling up, taking on side missions, talking to NPC's, visiting shops and food courts and lodging and there Yakuza style until you meet up against the other main fighters in the game one by one, at which time it reverts to the standard fighting game screen
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#2wstfldPosted 1/19/2013 5:31:42 PM
I don't even want a story mode, just online.
---
Last Played: Civ 5 G&K (9.5/10)
Now Playing: XCOM Enemy Unknown, Civ 5, DmC, SOTC HD
#3Devilman_Amon(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 6:09:11 PM
wstfld posted...
I don't even want a story mode, just online.

There you go limiting your gameplay options again
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#4ScarletSpidey1Posted 1/19/2013 6:12:16 PM
So like last gen's MK games with Conquest Mode? I enjoyed Deception and Armageddon's Conquest, but they were pretty dry on what you can do in the free roam areas.

What you described sounds kind of like Virtua Quest by Sega.
---
The Official Hero for Hire, Luke Cage. The Power Man of GameFaqs
#5The_Pig_HostagePosted 1/19/2013 6:14:35 PM
Nah, it should just be like the story mode in the latest MK. That was perfect.
#6LeadPipeCinchePosted 1/19/2013 6:15:10 PM
ScarletSpidey1 posted...
So like last gen's MK games with Conquest Mode? I enjoyed Deception and Armageddon's Conquest, but they were pretty dry on what you can do in the free roam areas.

was just coming in to say MKA.
---
My little men: Hayden Alexander Steele (born: 8/9/2006 at 8:38AM) & Conner Leigh Steele (born: 10/7/2008 at 9:16pm).
#7_AverageGamerPosted 1/19/2013 6:16:34 PM
With fighting games, I wish they had a real fleshed out story.

That was my favorite thing about Mortal Kombat (360/PS3). The cutscenes were entertaining, told the story of this unique universe, and gave me reason to fight my opponent. Plus, it had Johnny Cage. So. You know. Pretty rad.
---
Dictated but not read,
_AverageGamer
#8Devilman_Amon(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 6:18:23 PM
ScarletSpidey1 posted...

No more like Shaolin (Lord of Fist) for PS1, Beatdown Fists of Vengeance, Yakuza or Shenmue or Naruto: The Broken Bond

Virtua Quest was an abomination...
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#9Devilman_Amon(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 6:18:48 PM
_AverageGamer posted...
With fighting games, I wish they had a real fleshed out story.

That was my favorite thing about Mortal Kombat (360/PS3). The cutscenes were entertaining, told the story of this unique universe, and gave me reason to fight my opponent. Plus, it had Johnny Cage. So. You know. Pretty rad.

But it was just cutscenes
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#10UniversquallPosted 1/19/2013 6:20:28 PM
Now that Tecmo aren't being held back DOA5+++++++ might have it.
---
NP: Jurassic Park (PS3) Skyrim (PC) Jetpack Joyride, Final Fantasy I (Vita) Nope (WiiU60)