This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Buying a new PS3

#1Anime-ToLPosted 1/19/2013 7:27:44 PM
I'm in the market for a new PS3 so I've been considering buying a new Super Slim, but a quick Google search shows that people have already been having issues with faulty HDDs on the Super Slim. Is this issue relatively uncommon, enough for me to trust purchasing one without issue, or is it common enough for me to consider just buying a used Slim?
#2Admiral_XyesPosted 1/19/2013 7:38:30 PM
Buy a white superslim for the simple fact that its gorgeous. Side note, I've had my superslim for about 2 weeks, nothing bad yet.
#3kalibre16Posted 1/19/2013 7:49:56 PM
not to mention you get the free year of PS Plus which has a bunch of free games....some good, some really good and some you wont really care for.

Right now they got Megaman 9, Megaman 10, God of War Ascension Beta, Ratchet and Clank All4One, King of Fighters, Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition and Arkham Asylum just to name a few they update every month so if you don't like those then they are bound to put something up within the year
---
---
"A good essay is like a mini skirt its long enough to cover all the important stuff but still short enough to keep you interested"---
#4Anime-ToL(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 9:39:19 PM
kalibre16 posted...
Right now they got Megaman 9, Megaman 10, God of War Ascension Beta, Ratchet and Clank All4One, King of Fighters, Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition and Arkham Asylum just to name a few they update every month so if you don't like those then they are bound to put something up within the year

That's great and all, but I would have to put in credit card info in order to use it, and I'm pretty much against any gaming market having a hold of my credit card information, due to how often (especially this one) gets hacked.

Not only that, but I wasn't asking about features, I was asking about durability. Honestly I just wish I could get a new Super Slim on its own without a bundle because I don't really care about the games that come with them (because I'm assuming it would be cheaper otherwise).
#5FiendingHardPosted 1/19/2013 9:41:22 PM
Personally I don't like the way the Super Slim looks and would go with the regular Slim but that's just me. The newer model hasn't been out long enough to really be judged properly in terms of reliability.

inb4Sonygothackedarguments
---
What is faith then but persistent hope in the face of relentless doubt.
Now Playing: Anarchy Reigns, Far Cry 3, Torchlight 2, Final Fantasy 9.
#6NotCeoPosted 1/19/2013 9:45:08 PM
Anime-ToL posted...
I'm in the market for a new PS3 so I've been considering buying a new Super Slim, but a quick Google search shows that people have already been having issues with faulty HDDs on the Super Slim. Is this issue relatively uncommon, enough for me to trust purchasing one without issue, or is it common enough for me to consider just buying a used Slim?

Why not buy a new slim? it's not like they're hard to find in stores.
#7razidPosted 1/19/2013 9:49:45 PM
I still see plenty of normal slims in stores. I believe normal slims have a pretty good track record, so if you are worried about durability and are hearing that super slims have been getting bad reports, I'd go with a normal slim
---
Even a smile is charity