This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Game series (since the PS1 and PS2 days) that you just couldn't get into...

#1Junpei_StupeiPosted 1/19/2013 9:46:03 PM(edited)
Which long-running series (meaning: not a series that just started out on PS3) could you not get into despite playing some of their games?

Mine would be:

Resident Evil
Breath of Fire
Wild Arms
Silent Hill
Suikoden
Metal Gear
Castlevania
Valkyrie Profile
Lunar
Street Fighter

^ I played a few titles from each series, and I just couldn't get addicted when a new game comes out for each of them. They're just like "meh... let's just try it out."

It's not like these series wherein I shout for joy whenever a new entry comes in:

Final Fantasy
Megaman (all of them)
Star Ocean
Grandia
Fatal Frame
Persona
Devil May Cry ("old one" only)
Dead or Alive
Sonic
Rumble Roses

^ I foam in the mouth whenever a new game for any of them gets announced.

---
I think I bought the wrong console this gen.
#2VarronPosted 1/19/2013 9:39:24 PM
MGS1 even though I played 2-4...several times. o_O
---
PSN: Snippuh
#3DevilTears604Posted 1/19/2013 9:41:56 PM
Never got into Metal Gear or Resident Evil.
---
Day One buys for 2013: Devil may Cry, Dead Space 3, GoW: Ascension, Bioshock Infinite, The Last of Us, Grand Theft Auto V
#4XFactor1Posted 1/19/2013 9:42:59 PM
you have terrible taste.
---
--
#5awesomesauce13Posted 1/19/2013 9:44:43 PM
Out of every single series you listed, I've played 4 games and 2 demos. </irrelephant>
#6Xenesis XenonPosted 1/19/2013 9:45:07 PM
Castlevania and Resident Evil are definitely my two.

Castlevania I always felt played like a clunky metroid game and RE was just...eh.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#7PHEEliNUXPosted 1/19/2013 9:46:45 PM
I would say Final Fantasy, Other than that i don't remember any game on PS1
---
PSN:PHEEliNUX
#8arstosPosted 1/19/2013 9:49:29 PM
grand theft auto
god of war
devil may cry
halo
ninja gaiden (the new ones anyway)

some of the big names I've never been able to get into
---
PSN: dragonlibrarian plays; Awesomenauts, Skullgirls, Jojo's HD, SSFIITHDR, SFIII: OE, MVC2, AH3, KoF 94/95/96/XIII, VF5:FS, P4A, GGXXAC+HD, CS:GO, UTIII
#9PoorCountryPosted 1/19/2013 9:49:35 PM
Star Ocean
Grandia
Breath of Fire
Lunar
Wild Arms

The characters in these games just seem fake. They have fantasy-depth, but not realistic depth. Compare Squall's fear of rejection to Zidane's (spoilers for FFIX) "I was created to destroy, I hate myself!" I can't get into that stuff.
#10codman4Posted 1/19/2013 9:51:34 PM
Pokemon: I've tried several of the games, but hit a brick wall of boredom about 3 hours into each entry.

Madden: Thought the 2K series of football games was superior, then from about 2006-12 I've found the games to never really improve much.

Diablo: Never really understood the hype. You just click, wait for the enemy to die, then click on the loot.