This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Game series (since the PS1 and PS2 days) that you just couldn't get into...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Game series (since the PS1 and PS2 days) that you just couldn't get into...

User Info: Junpei_Stupei

Junpei_Stupei
4 years ago#1
Which long-running series (meaning: not a series that just started out on PS3) could you not get into despite playing some of their games?

Mine would be:

Resident Evil
Breath of Fire
Wild Arms
Silent Hill
Suikoden
Metal Gear
Castlevania
Valkyrie Profile
Lunar
Street Fighter

^ I played a few titles from each series, and I just couldn't get addicted when a new game comes out for each of them. They're just like "meh... let's just try it out."

It's not like these series wherein I shout for joy whenever a new entry comes in:

Final Fantasy
Megaman (all of them)
Star Ocean
Grandia
Fatal Frame
Persona
Devil May Cry ("old one" only)
Dead or Alive
Sonic
Rumble Roses

^ I foam in the mouth whenever a new game for any of them gets announced.
I think I bought the wrong console this gen.

User Info: Varron

Varron
4 years ago#2
MGS1 even though I played 2-4...several times. o_O
PSN: Snippuh

User Info: DevilTears604

DevilTears604
4 years ago#3
Never got into Metal Gear or Resident Evil.
Day One buys for 2013: Devil may Cry, Dead Space 3, GoW: Ascension, Bioshock Infinite, The Last of Us, Grand Theft Auto V

User Info: XFactor1

XFactor1
4 years ago#4
you have terrible taste.
--

User Info: awesomesauce13

awesomesauce13
4 years ago#5
Out of every single series you listed, I've played 4 games and 2 demos. </irrelephant>

User Info: Xenesis Xenon

Xenesis Xenon
4 years ago#6
Castlevania and Resident Evil are definitely my two.

Castlevania I always felt played like a clunky metroid game and RE was just...eh.
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.

User Info: PHEEliNUX

PHEEliNUX
4 years ago#7
I would say Final Fantasy, Other than that i don't remember any game on PS1
PSN:PHEEliNUX

User Info: arstos

arstos
4 years ago#8
grand theft auto
god of war
devil may cry
halo
ninja gaiden (the new ones anyway)

some of the big names I've never been able to get into
PSN: dragonlibrarian plays; Awesomenauts, Skullgirls, Jojo's HD, SSFIITHDR, SFIII: OE, MVC2, AH3, KoF 94/95/96/XIII, VF5:FS, P4A, GGXXAC+HD, CS:GO, UTIII

User Info: PoorCountry

PoorCountry
4 years ago#9
Star Ocean
Grandia
Breath of Fire
Lunar
Wild Arms

The characters in these games just seem fake. They have fantasy-depth, but not realistic depth. Compare Squall's fear of rejection to Zidane's (spoilers for FFIX) "I was created to destroy, I hate myself!" I can't get into that stuff.

User Info: codman4

codman4
4 years ago#10
Pokemon: I've tried several of the games, but hit a brick wall of boredom about 3 hours into each entry.

Madden: Thought the 2K series of football games was superior, then from about 2006-12 I've found the games to never really improve much.

Diablo: Never really understood the hype. You just click, wait for the enemy to die, then click on the loot.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Game series (since the PS1 and PS2 days) that you just couldn't get into...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived