This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Today's polls shows how poor your parents are regulating your PS3 purchases

#1MourningReignsPosted 1/20/2013 9:17:45 AM
I for one applaud Obama for starting the $10 million study on violent video games and their affects on you children, because apparently, your parents are terrible and think putting you in front of a TV to play violent games is the best way to be a parent.

If you are (or when you were) under 18, do your parents control what games you buy?
Yes, my parents carefully review every game purchase 1.78%
Somewhat, they're usually the ones buying them 13.62%
Kind of, I have to hide games with too much violence or sex 10.64%
Not really, they don't care what kind of games I play 67.68%
Not at all, they play the same kinds of games I do 6.28%
TOTAL VOTES 20738
---
I finally won a mod dispute. Too bad it got overturned a day after my suspension ended.
#2kloud 11Posted 1/20/2013 9:19:24 AM
Yawn
#3djwagonPosted 1/20/2013 9:23:44 AM
MourningReigns posted...
I for one applaud Obama for starting the $10 million study on violent video games and their affects on you children, because apparently, your parents are terrible and think putting you in front of a TV to play violent games is the best way to be a parent.

If you are (or when you were) under 18, do your parents control what games you buy?
TOTAL VOTES 20738
just another way for booze the clown to waste more of our money .sure show he is NOT trying to save the us any money with dumb ideas like this.just another way for saying we the government of the usa will be now telling you what you can and can not do
---
when I was here before I went by the screen name IMPORTER1..
#4MourningReigns(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 9:25:40 AM
djwagon posted...
MourningReigns posted...

TOTAL VOTES 20738
just another way for booze the clown to waste more of our money .sure show he is NOT trying to save the us any money with dumb ideas like this.just another way for saying we the government of the usa will be now telling you what you can and can not do

Don't be upset, you should be excited you have the weekend out from school.
---
I finally won a mod dispute. Too bad it got overturned a day after my suspension ended.
#5NicodimusPosted 1/20/2013 9:26:19 AM
I turned 18 in 1982, so there wasn't too much of a reason for my parents to control my purchases. It didn't start getting bad until the early 90s.
---
"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford
#6DredjPosted 1/20/2013 9:26:20 AM
Perhaps these parents know their children well enough and trust them to play these games. I don't think you should be so judgemental TC.

But I'm from the UK so we are near on immune to this kind of hysteria.
#7GasmanOAVPosted 1/20/2013 9:35:37 AM
Parents don't want to be parents anymore. They have their own lives to live. They will let the kids do what they want and let them have what they want as long as they don't bother them. Then when the kids do something wrong the parents don't know what happened.

Guns aren't the problem and games aren't the problem. Neither one by itself has killed anyone.

Obama needs to fix the economy. When times are good people have hope. When times are tough decisions can have tragic results.
---
I'm not afraid to die. I just don't want it to be today.
#8HorrorSindicatePosted 1/20/2013 9:44:38 AM
Dredj posted...
Perhaps these parents know their children well enough and trust them to play these games. I don't think you should be so judgemental TC.

But I'm from the UK so we are near on immune to this kind of hysteria.

First point I agree with.

on your Second Point: You guys used to have folks who would bust into peoples houses because they might own a copy of Driller Killer or Evil Dead so...
---
I've seen the future, baby: it is murder
#9656stoogePosted 1/20/2013 9:49:19 AM
Lol. $10 million on studying violent games? What a stupid goverment. But I guess shows like CSI are okay, right? Shows that depict realistic violence and give you plenty of real world type scenarios to ponder are okay too, right?

But guns are cool though. They aren't dangerous and have nothing to do with shootings.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ_wbc3Z5C8
#10djwagonPosted 1/20/2013 10:15:26 AM(edited)
MourningReigns posted...
djwagon posted...
MourningReigns posted...

TOTAL VOTES 20738

Don't be upset, you should be excited you have the weekend out from school.

lol last day of school for me was way back in 1979 . so thanks for thinking i was a kid .you sound like another obama lover that got conned by his we need change and NOW we need to go FORWARD scams he pulled on all you guys to elect and then reelected so he can keep spending the taxpayers money on DUMB ideas like this and his healthcare plan
---
when I was here before I went by the screen name IMPORTER1..