This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Today's polls shows how poor your parents are regulating your PS3 purchases

#11guiltyslayerPosted 1/20/2013 9:00:15 AM
I was well past 18 when I got a PS3 tc. Try again.
#12toadiemanPosted 1/20/2013 9:00:36 AM
656stooge posted...
Lol. $10 million on studying violent games? What a stupid goverment. But I guess shows like CSI are okay, right? Shows that depict realistic violence and give you plenty of real world type scenarios to ponder are okay too, right?

But guns are cool though. They aren't dangerous and have nothing to do with shootings.

These shows are about good guys. In (western) video games you play as bad guys who shoot anybody. There you have it Obama. I just solved it for you and saved the gov't $10 million. Take out the games where you play as bad guys.
---
PSN: toadieman
#13SoleilArclionPosted 1/20/2013 9:03:05 AM
toadieman posted...
656stooge posted...
Lol. $10 million on studying violent games? What a stupid goverment. But I guess shows like CSI are okay, right? Shows that depict realistic violence and give you plenty of real world type scenarios to ponder are okay too, right?

But guns are cool though. They aren't dangerous and have nothing to do with shootings.

These shows are about good guys. In (western) video games you play as bad guys who shoot anybody. There you have it Obama. I just solved it for you and saved the gov't $10 million. Take out the games where you play as bad guys.

Stupid.

What defines a bad guy? One who killed? Cops kill every day.
#14WarhawkPosted 1/20/2013 9:04:40 AM
When I was growing up my parents made sure that I knew the difference between reality and fantasy. I know I was playing games like Mortal Kombat when I was 11 and it didn't affect me really. Though can't say that every kid was like me knowing the difference cause of the ones that can't really differentiate the two due to a mental state of mind.
---
CRP: 12949 | FAQs: 15
FAQ Outlaws | Mega Man Legends
#15toadiemanPosted 1/20/2013 9:06:35 AM
SoleilArclion posted...
toadieman posted...
656stooge posted...

Stupid.

What defines a bad guy? One who killed? Cops kill every day.

Stupid.

Bad guys kill people for no reason.
---
PSN: toadieman
#16Mutant1988Posted 1/20/2013 9:18:12 AM
Dredj posted...
Perhaps these parents know their children well enough and trust them to play these games.

This.

Where's the poll option for this?

"My parents trust me enough to decide myself what is and isn't appropriate for me to play"

Or in other words, they brought me up right and taught me how to think for myself.

Of course, this was when I was in my early teens. Exposure to fictional violence before that probably isn't advisable, as it's can be difficult to explain what is and isn't real to someone in that early stage of development.

The 18 year age limit is a rigid standard that doesn't really ensure that the recipient has the psychological maturity to handle this content. But most people have learned all the things they need to handle it at this age.

For parents, it's not at all about policing age, it's about policing maturity. And that's something only a parent (Or otherwise close family/relations) can do. If you think your child is mature enough to handle it before they turn 18, then for all sake, let them have it, as long as you as a parent remain wary of negative changes to their mentality (Like nightmares) and make changes accordingly.
---
Know that if you allow someone to take advantage of you, they might make it a habit.
#17chiefofsb78Posted 1/20/2013 9:18:26 AM
djwagon posted...
MourningReigns posted...
djwagon posted...
MourningReigns posted...
I for one applaud Obama for starting the $10 million study on violent video games and their affects on you children, because apparently, your parents are terrible and think putting you in front of a TV to play violent games is the best way to be a parent.

If you are (or when you were) under 18, do your parents control what games you buy?
Yes, my parents carefully review every game purchase 1.78%
Somewhat, they're usually the ones buying them 13.62%
Kind of, I have to hide games with too much violence or sex 10.64%
Not really, they don't care what kind of games I play 67.68%
Not at all, they play the same kinds of games I do 6.28%
TOTAL VOTES 20738
just another way for booze the clown to waste more of our money .sure show he is NOT trying to save the us any money with dumb ideas like this.just another way for saying we the government of the usa will be now telling you what you can and can not do

Don't be upset, you should be excited you have the weekend out from school.

lol last day of school for me was way back in 1979.so thanks for thinking i was a kid .you sound like another obama lover that got conned by his we need change and NOW we need to go FORWARD scams he pulled on all you guys to elect and then reelected he so he can keep spending the taxpayers money on DUMB ideas like this

What you do drop out in grade school sure sounds like it would the taxpayers money be better spent on war or getting crooked companies out of debt like Bush did i can go on but thats the kind of stuff you support right
#18djwagonPosted 1/20/2013 9:24:18 AM
chiefofsb78 posted...
djwagon posted...
MourningReigns posted...
djwagon posted...
MourningReigns posted...
I for one applaud Obama for starting the $10 million study on violent video games and their affects on you children, because apparently, your parents are terrible and think putting you in front of a TV to play violent games is the best way to be a parent.

If you are (or when you were) under 18, do your parents control what games you buy?
Yes, my parents carefully review every game purchase 1.78%
Somewhat, they're usually the ones buying them 13.62%
Kind of, I have to hide games with too much violence or sex 10.64%
Not really, they don't care what kind of games I play 67.68%
Not at all, they play the same kinds of games I do 6.28%
TOTAL VOTES 20738
just another way for booze the clown to waste more of our money .sure show he is NOT trying to save the us any money with dumb ideas like this.just another way for saying we the government of the usa will be now telling you what you can and can not do

Don't be upset, you should be excited you have the weekend out from school.

lol last day of school for me was way back in 1979.so thanks for thinking i was a kid .you sound like another obama lover that got conned by his we need change and NOW we need to go FORWARD scams he pulled on all you guys to elect and then reelected he so he can keep spending the taxpayers money on DUMB ideas like this

What you do drop out in grade school sure sounds like it would the taxpayers money be better spent on war or getting crooked companies out of debt like Bush did i can go on but thats the kind of stuff you support right

lol lets bring in it is all BUSH fault .the guy been out of office FOR WAY OVER 4+ YEARS .ALL THE NEW RULES passed where done UNDER obama WATCH not bush . on me dropping out of school lol THAT is the year I was done with HIGH SCHOOL AND WENT STRAIGHT INTO THE WORKING FOR MY OWN MONEY WORLD
---
when I was here before I went by the screen name IMPORTER1..
#19ShineboxerPosted 1/20/2013 9:24:27 AM
Grown man here, this topic is good.
---
Intel Core i5-3570K | ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE |ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti | G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD
#20archizzyPosted 1/20/2013 9:27:25 AM
Eh..... when I was a kid it was kind of hard to get worked up over Atari violence. Everything from a tank to a bunny rabbit damn near looked the same and had the same recycled sounds.

Couldn't even make circles back then. Seriously............. lol
---
PSN ID: sled_dogs76
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton