This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Today's polls shows how poor your parents are regulating your PS3 purchases

#21SoleilArclionPosted 1/20/2013 9:37:17 AM
toadieman posted...
SoleilArclion posted...
toadieman posted...
656stooge posted...
Lol. $10 million on studying violent games? What a stupid goverment. But I guess shows like CSI are okay, right? Shows that depict realistic violence and give you plenty of real world type scenarios to ponder are okay too, right?

But guns are cool though. They aren't dangerous and have nothing to do with shootings.

These shows are about good guys. In (western) video games you play as bad guys who shoot anybody. There you have it Obama. I just solved it for you and saved the gov't $10 million. Take out the games where you play as bad guys.

Stupid.

What defines a bad guy? One who killed? Cops kill every day.

Stupid.

Bad guys kill people for no reason.

Right. Nice mouth feces.

Justice is justification. "Bad" is just a term for someone whose justifications do not agree with those who believe themselves "good".
#22riddlebox89Posted 1/20/2013 9:51:52 AM
MourningReigns posted...
I for one applaud Obama for starting the $10 million study on violent video games and their affects on you children, because apparently, your parents are terrible and think putting you in front of a TV to play violent games is the best way to be a parent.

If you had any sort of intelligence at all you'd realize that this ten million dollar study won't go anywhere, people have been trying to prove video games have caused people to do violent acts for over ten years, there's a better chance of a waitress at Denny's becoming the president of the country than finding a single shred of "proof" that video games are the cause of everything people do.

They're looking for a scapegoat, that's all it is, they refuse to understand that people are responsible for their own actions.

Here's something, remember the Virginia Tech thing? Yeah the guy who did that did play video games, but guess what? The only ones he did play were Sonic the Hedgehog, hardly a game that would give you the belief that it's completely ok to walk into a public place with a gun and start shooting people left and right.

I, and many others, play and have been playing violent games for a long time and there's nothing wrong with us, hell with as many as I play I should've been arrested for a couple thousand murders by now, but guess what? I haven't because video games don't influence what I do in real life, the same for many others and if video games do influence what you do in real life, then you have severe mental problems and shouldn't even be playing them and instead visiting a psychiatrist to help your mental problems.

That ten million dollars? Yeah Obama would've been better off flushing it down the toilet than using it to try and find something that doesn't exist.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#23KenauePosted 1/20/2013 9:54:59 AM
I remember how Hitler only started WW2 after he finished playing through Black Ops.
---
HOCKEY'S BACK! GO PREDS! WELCOME BACK TO SMASHVILLE!
#24ManuKesnaPosted 1/20/2013 9:56:44 AM
Grown man here, this topic is good.

it must suck to be so immature at your age
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna
GT: ManuKesna
#25Godly_GoofPosted 1/20/2013 9:58:01 AM
theirs about 500 Peer-reviewed journal articles that show no connection to violent videogames and actual violence and also among them are countless journal articles that show that playing violent videogames actually relieve stress and lowers violent behaviour. >.>

Compare that to the 0 that show violent videogames increase violent tendencies and it looks like Obama's just pissing money away rather than telling whiny people to stop whining about every damn thing :/
---
"All things are about Jesus Homer .......... Except this."
#26ExtremeLightPosted 1/20/2013 10:01:54 AM
MourningReigns posted...
I for one applaud Obama for starting the $10 million study on violent video games and their affects on you children, because apparently, your parents are terrible and think putting you in front of a TV to play violent games is the best way to be a parent.

If you are (or when you were) under 18, do your parents control what games you buy?
Yes, my parents carefully review every game purchase 1.78%
Somewhat, they're usually the ones buying them 13.62%
Kind of, I have to hide games with too much violence or sex 10.64%
Not really, they don't care what kind of games I play 67.68%
Not at all, they play the same kinds of games I do 6.28%
TOTAL VOTES 20738

Pretty funny considering that they were the ons who bought us a system. They trust us enough to play any game (well not ANY games). And why should they care? As long as it isn't x rated there is no need to come down on children. They don't care if I watch MTV or Cartoon network, if I read comic or Harry potter, if I play super smash bro or black ops 2.
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!
#27Godly_GoofPosted 1/20/2013 10:04:59 AM
ExtremeLight posted...
MourningReigns posted...

If you are (or when you were) under 18, do your parents control what games you buy?
Yes, my parents carefully review every game purchase 1.78%
Somewhat, they're usually the ones buying them 13.62%
Kind of, I have to hide games with too much violence or sex 10.64%
Not really, they don't care what kind of games I play 67.68%
Not at all, they play the same kinds of games I do 6.28%
TOTAL VOTES 20738

Pretty funny considering that they were the ons who bought us a system. They trust us enough to play any game (well not ANY games). And why should they care? As long as it isn't x rated there is no need to come down on children. They don't care if I watch MTV or Cartoon network, if I read comic or Harry potter, if I play super smash bro or black ops 2.

Pretty much, my parents just didn't completely f***ing suck and I'm not f***ing retarded. When I used to play violent videogames, even when I was like 6 playing Mortal Kombat I knew it was just a videogame, and my parents knew it was just a videogame.

Like how I used to watch Looney Tunes as a kid, I knew that if I actually dropped a Coyote off a cliff it would die O_o but TV is TV and not real.
---
"All things are about Jesus Homer .......... Except this."
#28BeknessPosted 1/20/2013 10:06:33 AM
To be fair, TC, not all parents put their kids in front of the TV. Some stick their kids on laptops, ipads or handhelds instead.

My parents were strict when it came to just about everything. Music, TV, games, food. You name it.
---
Push it to the limit, With no one left to stand in your way
you might get careless, but you'll never be safe while you still feel it
#29MourningReigns(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 10:06:38 AM
Wow, here we go. Let's all blame Obama for our children being dysfunctional, not you, the poor parents.

If it weren't for poor parenting, Obama wouldn't have to spend 10 million to fix it.

Go watch more Fox News propaganda.
---
I finally won a mod dispute. Too bad it got overturned a day after my suspension ended.
#30ExtremeLightPosted 1/20/2013 10:07:42 AM
MourningReigns posted...
Wow, here we go. Let's all blame Obama for our children being dysfunctional, not you, the poor parents.

If it weren't for poor parenting, Obama wouldn't have to spend 10 million to fix it.

Go watch more Fox News propaganda.

He is not spending money to fix it. It's a study.
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!