This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Today's polls shows how poor your parents are regulating your PS3 purchases

#51djwagonPosted 1/20/2013 11:24:47 AM
tc .this is off-topic .but case in point of obama love wasting taxpayers money .the party he had for his first run as president .then these parties for this run .THAT money could be used for something more IMPORTANT that hey obama throwing a party on our dime.lets all go
---
when I was here before I went by the screen name IMPORTER1..
#52theshovellerPosted 1/20/2013 11:25:55 AM
My parents were pretty good at checking over the games I was buying when I was younger, and the biggest one I had to fight them on - The Ultimate DOOM for PC - I had to prove to them I was mature enough to handle it. So, I presented a list of arguments about how violence in other forms of media - TV shows, books I was reading, comic books, and even the movies they let me watch - didn't affect me, because they were obviously fictional. I watched my younger sister over the summer while my brother was working. I did a lot of stuff to show I was old enough to handle it, and they caved and bought it for me at the end of the summer.

Now, this was when I was clearly old enough to handle stuff like this - I was in my early teens or so. The people who buy Saint's Row and such for their 6-year-olds? That's a bit too much, especially if the kid's running around misbehaving while they're in the store. I mean, in the last one you could beat people to death with a sex toy!
#53CyhortI82Posted 1/20/2013 11:26:32 AM
MourningReigns posted...
I for one applaud Obama

Stopped taking you seriously right there.
---
TheTygerfire is the love of my life.
I believe in the Straight Edge Savior and the Mizziah I love DLC :)
#54SlaynPosted 1/20/2013 11:28:17 AM
MourningReigns posted...
Slayn posted...
Someone should tell Obama that violent crime has been steadily going down since the 90's and are pretty much at the level of the 60's. I mean it has STEADILY gone down.

Violent Crime was up 17% in 2011 compared to 2010.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/violent-crime/violent-crime

Eh? Looks like it went down, both in number and in rate. The rate in 2010 was 403.6 per 100k, 2011 was 386.3 per 100k.
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116
#55fvzzPosted 1/20/2013 11:29:35 AM
656stooge posted...
Lol. $10 million on studying violent games? What a stupid goverment. But I guess shows like CSI are okay, right? Shows that depict realistic violence and give you plenty of real world type scenarios to ponder are okay too, right?

But guns are cool though. They aren't dangerous and have nothing to do with shootings.

yep! such is our society.
#56MourningReigns(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 11:31:17 AM
Slayn posted...
MourningReigns posted...
Slayn posted...
Someone should tell Obama that violent crime has been steadily going down since the 90's and are pretty much at the level of the 60's. I mean it has STEADILY gone down.

Violent Crime was up 17% in 2011 compared to 2010.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/violent-crime/violent-crime

Eh? Looks like it went down, both in number and in rate. The rate in 2010 was 403.6 per 100k, 2011 was 386.3 per 100k.

The FBI doesn't account for simple assaults, which is still a contributing factor to violent crimes. Those statistics can be found within the NCVS reports.
---
I finally won a mod dispute. Too bad it got overturned a day after my suspension ended.
#57NightDrifter05Posted 1/20/2013 11:39:16 AM
What do you think is going to come from this study? Absolutely nothing. It's just a waste of money because in the end parent's still won't do anything differently. They will still buy the game's and if they don't the kid's will still find a way to get it since most teenagers these days can go get prepaid credit cards or gift cards and just order online. People need to hold kid's accountable for their actions and stop trying to blame everyone else. You can't watch these kid's 24 hours a day 7 days a week so they will always find time to play these violent games.

No matter what this study finds (which will be nothing since the study has already been done privately before and proven violent game's have no effect) it won't change anything because of the rights and Obama isn't going to want to become the guy that violates American rights. It's just another way for this idiot of a president to waste more money.
#58regsantotomasPosted 1/20/2013 11:52:31 AM
The last time my parents had any input on my gaming purchases involved flying ostriches that knights ride for jousting.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#59shawnmckPosted 1/20/2013 11:58:46 AM(edited)
You are so right TC....
I am 42 years old, and my parents don't regulate my gaming purchases enough.
Praise be to Obama for shedding the light of truth, and furthering the notion that Government should be more responsible for people than people themselves.
What would we ever do without Obama and BIG-Government...?
<end sarcasm>
#60MotiJrPosted 1/20/2013 12:00:14 PM
This is hilarious. Sony fans consider themselves to be an expert in gaming and now politics. You people give yourselves way too much credit. Stop kidding yourselves with all this BS and just admit that you don't like having a black president. The denial in here is astounding.
---
Fanboys are a cancer to gaming but Sony fanboys are a particularly aggressive and repulsive form.