This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Resident Evil 6 worth 30?

#1BruceWayne2009Posted 1/20/2013 10:43:00 AM
Amazon is selling it for 30 bucks. The thing is I only want to play Leon's campaign and skip the others. Do you think it's worth it for that price?
#2Impaired MedicPosted 1/20/2013 10:44:00 AM
You should just wait for the inevitable edition that will have all the DLC in it for $30.
---
PSN: Impaired_Medic
#3656stoogePosted 1/20/2013 10:49:41 AM
For Leon's campaign? No.

After playing the demo I thought Leon's would be the only one I liked too, but in the end it was probably my least favorite. And I love RE0-CV style.
I honestly believe that anyone that plays the game and doesn't play the campaign chapters in chronological order is doing themselves a disservice though, as each campaign compliments each other but on their own they're all pretty average to bad.

So as someone that kind of enjoyed RE6 for what it is and paid $30 for it myself, I wouldn't recommend it for one campaign.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ_wbc3Z5C8
#4slymshadyPosted 1/20/2013 10:53:13 AM
Game was fun, worth retail IMO. I would wait only for a special edition
#5Dark_SpiretPosted 1/20/2013 11:08:46 AM
For JUST Leons campaign? No, personally i felt his was the worst one(though still pretty good). If its in general then sure its worth that.
#6Samman123Posted 1/20/2013 11:22:04 AM
It's not even worth $5. Horrible, horrible game.
---
MMA fan for life.
#7ArkonBladePosted 1/20/2013 11:30:22 AM
If you want a ok 3rd person shooting action game its worth about $20. if you want a good Survivor Horror Resident Evil game its not worth owning.
---
SRPG games...i just love them!
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow
#8shawnmckPosted 1/20/2013 12:20:31 PM
Why would you want to skip the other campaigns ?

They are intertwined and tell the complete story.
Playing only one campaign only gives you parts of the story and not the full story.

I would say RE6 is definitely worth $30 bucks.....easily one of the most underrated games.
Its not perfect, but it certainly isn't as bad as some claim.
Of course its not survival-horror either, which is a shame, but when played as a simple 3rd-Person shooter with tons of Action, then its quite enjoyable.

But if you are going to just play Leon's campaign, then no, its not worth it.
And again, why would you just want to play Leon's campaign ?
#9Lard_in_TeaPosted 1/20/2013 12:22:54 PM
Yes it is. The three campaigns are fun to play through with a friend and it's surprisingly lengthy.
---
"Hey-hey! Tea! Can I have some too? With lotsa sugar and honey and... oh yeah, don't forget the lard!" - Palmer
Waiting for MGS:GZ (& MGO3)
#10Banjo2553Posted 1/20/2013 12:23:21 PM
656stooge posted...
For Leon's campaign? No.

After playing the demo I thought Leon's would be the only one I liked too, but in the end it was probably my least favorite. And I love RE0-CV style.
I honestly believe that anyone that plays the game and doesn't play the campaign chapters in chronological order is doing themselves a disservice though, as each campaign compliments each other but on their own they're all pretty average to bad.

So as someone that kind of enjoyed RE6 for what it is and paid $30 for it myself, I wouldn't recommend it for one campaign.

Oh? They're in chronological order? What's the order? I like to know before playing.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz