This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best Spinoff game: Pokemon Snap vs DmC

#1llaW_EnotsPosted 1/20/2013 2:02:45 PM(edited)
Which do you guys think represents the brand better for kids?

Overall I feel Pokemon Snap provided the better experience. You've got a spin off game that pushed Pokemon into 3D. Also the writing didn't need to drop an F bomb every sentence to seem cool. The level design stayed consistent throughout, unlike DmC(on the PS3) where the levels drop off into murky design.

While both games seem to cater to younger crowds, Pokemon keeps the gameplay with an eye on making you think about making art with photographs while doing scientific research. In DmC, it shows kids that shooting tons of living beings with guns is pretty sweet. I feel, for society, that Pokemon Snap taught kids a better lesson.

And let's look at the main characters: a kid who is a photographer doing a favor for a professor vs a too-cool-for-school teenager with anger issues. Who's the better role model here?

Also: Pokémon Snap sold in excess of 151,000 copies in the first three days of its release and went on to sell 1.5 million copies by the end of the year.
#2jammiesPosted 1/20/2013 2:04:07 PM
trytohard/10
---
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx
#3MourningReignsPosted 1/20/2013 2:05:13 PM
Pokemon Snap
---
I finally won a mod dispute. Too bad it got overturned a day after my suspension ended.
#4OrangeSchweesePosted 1/20/2013 2:07:31 PM(edited)
NOT DmC LOL /thread

Nevermind, I didn't actually read it. Yeah...trying too hard, indeed.
#5llaW_Enots(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 2:15:31 PM
i'm sorry I tried too hard to state my opinion
#6OrangeSchweesePosted 1/20/2013 2:19:58 PM
It's not aimed at children.
#7llaW_Enots(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 2:27:57 PM
OrangeSchweese posted...

Adam Sessler says it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=rRyN6qUZ9Mc#t=391s
#8MourningReignsPosted 1/20/2013 2:28:44 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#9MourningReignsPosted 1/20/2013 7:29:50 PM
OrangeSchweese posted...

True, Pokemon Snap is for an older age group.
---
I finally won a mod dispute. Too bad it got overturned a day after my suspension ended.
#10mogar002Posted 1/20/2013 7:35:15 PM
DmC is aimed at 12 year olds that think swearing is cool.

The day I find photography fun is the day I drink a bottle of bleach and throw myself off a skyscraper.
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg