This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

i hate download only titles

#1SHAO-KhanPosted 1/20/2013 2:44:55 PM
Warriors Orochi 3 was my most anticipated title of 2012 but was kicked in the stomach because it was download only on US ps3 BUT disc on x360 an UK PS3. now Dynasty Warriors 7 empires is getting the same treatment
---
"If we're Evil or Divine , We're the Last in Line" - Ronnie James Dio
#2its_mattPosted 1/20/2013 2:46:51 PM
It was probably download only or not getting released at all. They will only produce hard copies if they think sales will justify it.
#3crazyman32Posted 1/20/2013 2:49:48 PM(edited)
its_matt posted...
It was probably download only or not getting released at all. They will only produce hard copies if they think sales will justify it.

This^.They knew it wouldn't sell that well putting it in stores in the US.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that.I apologize for nothing.
#4BurgerTime79Posted 1/20/2013 2:51:27 PM(edited)
This is why I got the Wii U version, regardless of what people say about the system, or that port.
I'm not giving Sony my money for digital versions of games that have physical releases everywhere else. I'll only buy digital for an actual digital only title, and even then, less than $20.

If I recall correctly, they made it digital only because they are starting to deny Japanese only dub games physical releases. If it had an English dub, it may have seen one. At least that's what I've heard. I'm not claiming that as my solid view or fact.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#5AmyUnleashedPosted 1/20/2013 2:52:49 PM
Blame Sony not Koei, its the whole no english dubs = no disc release in US problem (unless its Yazuka or something.) also why it had a 360 release in the US M$ dont care...

I do feel bad for you, as i play DW/WO games although i am in the UK so i can get it on disc. But IF i was in the US i would be in the same situation.

As the others have said though the Warriors series does not sell well in the west :( so even with no english VA's or it being digital only, atleast we still get the games and get to play them. And it is not a repeat off some off there Japan only Warriors games which i would have bought if they did put English subtitles.
#6SHAO-Khan(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 2:54:56 PM
my problem is, my ps3 corrupts large downloads, so i get mad waiting for it to download again , i much prefer disc release
---
"If we're Evil or Divine , We're the Last in Line" - Ronnie James Dio
#7ozranPosted 1/20/2013 2:57:24 PM
SHAO-Khan posted...
my problem is, my ps3 corrupts large downloads, so i get mad waiting for it to download again , i much prefer disc release

Then there is something wrong with your PS3
---
That does it! I have had it with these mother****ing trolls on this mother****ing board!!! -mercuryblade09
#8crazyman32Posted 1/20/2013 2:57:49 PM
SHAO-Khan posted...

Your PS3 obviously has problems if it always corrupts large downloads that is odd.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that.I apologize for nothing.
#9bretnsidPosted 1/20/2013 3:30:44 PM
Sounds like something is wrong with your PS3. Also, if you want to download the game, just leave it on overnight.
---
Metal Gear Solid 4 : Guns of the Patriots! (4/15/06)
Damn the Patriots! Sneak Out 6.12.08 - SNAAAAKE!
#10RyuuHou25Posted 1/20/2013 3:32:36 PM
At least there was a discount on WO3 because of the digital only release. It is annoying that Yakuza seems to be the only game to be able to get a physical Sony release despite that stupid rule of theirs.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB