This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So what is the actual reason we don't have more PS2 games on PSN?

#1MyzticRedPandaPosted 1/20/2013 5:07:54 PM
Seriously, can anyone tell me why we don't have better PS2 games on PSN? Where is my Dark Cloud 2, Rogue Galaxy, Final Fantasy X, XII, Dragon Quest VIII, just to name a few. Well what the hell? Where are they?
---
Regardless of warnings the future doesn't scare me at all
#2LaevantPosted 1/20/2013 5:09:08 PM
Final Fantasy X is getting an HD version for PS3 and Vita, so that's why it's not a PS2 classic.
---
MGO (EU): Envirasu [Dream Cats]
#3ozranPosted 1/20/2013 5:12:35 PM
Licensing
---
That does it! I have had it with these mother****ing trolls on this mother****ing board!!! -mercuryblade09
#4RyuuHou25Posted 1/20/2013 5:18:58 PM
ozran posted...
Licensing

This. You can't just re-release games and not have permissions and what not, agreements, people who have copyrights, would be owed money, etc etc.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#5NicodimusPosted 1/20/2013 5:37:42 PM
I love how Sony took away PS2 BC so they could sell us more PS2 games on the PS store and then...

...hardly released any of them. Exactly 0 games from my PS2 collection are available. Not that I should have to re-buy my games for a second time, but I can't. I don't even have the OPTION of being screwed out of more money. Thanks, Sony.
---
"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford
#6shads3055Posted 1/20/2013 5:41:05 PM
because who carees about playing old last gen games. its 2013 i dont need to play a game with bad graphics and controls or an hd remake with good graphics but bad controls.

thats why. and when next gen comes i will never play this gen
#7JanayBerryPosted 1/20/2013 5:42:43 PM
Probably because all those Dora games caused the Store to crash.

On a serious note, I'm only interested in the following PS2 classics:

- Contra: Shattered Soldier
- Batman: Rise of Sin Tzu
- Rival Schools
- Onimusha (series)
- Kingdom Hearts 2
- Viewtiful Joe

Other than that, I don't care.
---
PSN ID: Jim_Berry
Xbox 360 Gamertag: KKA OMEGA Jim
#8archizzyPosted 1/20/2013 5:48:51 PM
Nicodimus posted...
I love how Sony took away PS2 BC so they could sell us more PS2 games on the PS store and then...

...hardly released any of them. Exactly 0 games from my PS2 collection are available. Not that I should have to re-buy my games for a second time, but I can't. I don't even have the OPTION of being screwed out of more money. Thanks, Sony.

It's because contrary to Internet beliefs and conspiracy theories they never removed BC for the purposes of reselling them back to people.

They removed BC to spur PS3 software sales rather than people continuing to use the PS3 as a high priced PS2. When you sell your hardware at a loss and depend on software sales you need those PS3 sales.

*Note* I'm not saying I agree with it. Personally I think if you want to spur sales you simply improve the library with games people will buy. However this is the actual reason for the removal of BC. Not to save money, and not to sell back PS2 games on the store.
---
PSN ID: sled_dogs76
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton
#9DeGamer81Posted 1/20/2013 5:53:07 PM
Don't know about the rest, but FFX has been in development hell since they announced it a while back. Nobody really knows exactly what's going on, just that it's taking forever.
#10killakPosted 1/20/2013 5:53:37 PM
Emulator hasn't been tweaked yet
---
My Setup - http://tinyurl.com/bwbc3ok