This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Assassin's Creed 3 - Is it like the beginning all throughout?

#1jim200Posted 1/20/2013 5:00:19 PM
So far I don't like the beginning, I'm at the point where I met the Indian lady and am doing missions with her. Will the gameplay be the same throughout?
---
Thinking Is Destructive
PSN: Jemi200 ::: 3DS FC: 5129-0276-3428 Name: Jemi
#2NotCeoPosted 1/20/2013 5:02:21 PM
No, no it will not.
#3Shy420Posted 1/20/2013 5:02:39 PM
The world eventually open and you get more abilities but sadly for me at least the game got boring and fell far short of my expectations. The game has gone far from assassinations to collecting crap.
---
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My life is my own.
#4Hellraiser555Posted 1/20/2013 5:09:03 PM
Shy420 posted...
The world eventually open and you get more abilities but sadly for me at least the game got boring and fell far short of my expectations. The game has gone far from assassinations to collecting crap.

Once I finished the story, I couldn't force myself to play through some mission to get 100% sync on them. Messing around after the story was very boring. Maybe I should have not done the collecting of items between missions...
---
Give them nothing, but take from them; everything!
Games at 100%: 18
#5RygonPosted 1/20/2013 5:11:00 PM
The beginning is the best part. I think it starts strong and gets worse as it goes
---
http://backloggery.com/war_lion108
#6jim200(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 5:13:05 PM
I don't like the overall aesthetic of the game though, how it's kind of open world and there are many optional missions to do.

I like a more core story experience with less but higher quality side missions.

I mean it seems like you talk to someone to do a mission, go from point a to point b and eliminate or sneak through opposition in between, the whole game.

Is that how it is?
---
Thinking Is Destructive
PSN: Jemi200 ::: 3DS FC: 5129-0276-3428 Name: Jemi
#7NotCeoPosted 1/20/2013 5:22:42 PM
jim200 posted...
I don't like the overall aesthetic of the game though, how it's kind of open world and there are many optional missions to do.

I like a more core story experience with less but higher quality side missions.

I mean it seems like you talk to someone to do a mission, go from point a to point b and eliminate or sneak through opposition in between, the whole game.

Is that how it is?

No, no it is not.
You still have the story missions you mentioned (though they change things up quite a bit), but you also have naval missions, homestead missions, collectibles, hunting, tasks for clubs, and some other stuff.
#8GuardianShadow0Posted 1/20/2013 7:48:49 PM
It doesn't live up to the hype. 2 and Brotherhood are the best in the series. 3 just got boring and has serious problems.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E29iOPSxF94&feature=fvw
#9RoxasANobodyPosted 1/20/2013 8:27:16 PM
jim200 posted...
So far I don't like the beginning, I'm at the point where I met the Indian lady and am doing missions with her. Will the gameplay be the same throughout?

I played through the game twice and I never met an Indian lady?
---
"Fantastic baby."
Currently playing: R&C HD Collection, Borderlands 2, Far Cry 3, and Assassin's Creed III
#10Banjo2553Posted 1/20/2013 9:46:58 PM
GuardianShadow0 posted...
It doesn't live up to the hype. 2 and Brotherhood are the best in the series. 3 just got boring and has serious problems.

Revelations has some really awesome platforming segments when looking for Altair's library keys though.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz