This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What percentage of your PS3 game collection are LCDGs?

#1agrissaPosted 1/20/2013 7:33:11 PM
LCDG= Lowest Common Denominator Games.

I myself only own around 10% LCDG, which is pretty damn good if I say so myself.

Note: It's perfectly fine to like some LCDGs. As long as they're not your primary preference for games.
---
I am the Message Board Superhero- Getting rid of trolls one at a time. You're welcome.
~Number of trolls owned:2~ ~ Number of fans:7~
#2MourningReignsPosted 1/20/2013 7:34:18 PM
I only have Nier, but I'm not sure what that percentage of my whole collection is.
---
I finally won a mod dispute. Too bad it got overturned a day after my suspension ended.
#3FungumPosted 1/20/2013 7:34:54 PM
I don't own a single JRPG for my PS3. How do you like that one?
#4mogar002Posted 1/20/2013 7:36:05 PM
Lowest common denominator? You mean like Call of Duty?
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
#5Still__RippinPosted 1/20/2013 7:36:50 PM
What's wrong with you? Do you really have so little going on that your only joy comes from expressing your most likely fake niche PS3 game love? l'm so glad you love gaming SO much that you spend the majority of your time trashing it and avoiding most of its games. Great job.
---
Regardless of how many people call me a troll I always speak the truth
Currently playing- Magic 2013, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Black Ops 2, Demons Souls
#6PAAGGpewpewPosted 1/20/2013 7:38:36 PM
Only Ass Creed Revelations but only because it was $10 new. I found out afterwards I don't like the series. They're pretty weird and clunky gameplay.
#7agrissa(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 7:38:44 PM
MourningReigns posted...
I only have Nier, but I'm not sure what that percentage of my whole collection is.

Nier is not an LCDG....as fellow user DocDelicious defines LCDG as "anything with over-the-top action that is geared toward a younger audience". Naturally, this includes all pewpew games and PAAGGs. The definition is not set in stone, but you get the idea. These games are the Michael Bay movies, Twilight, and Justin Biebers of the Gaming world.

Fungum posted...

Please stay on topic, or are you just trolling? The only JRPGs that fit the definition would be loliRPGs I guess. In any case, leave your East VS West war out of here. We know both sides make plenty of LCDGs.
---
I am the Message Board Superhero- Getting rid of trolls one at a time. You're welcome.
#8ExtremeLightPosted 1/20/2013 7:41:12 PM
agrissa posted...
MourningReigns posted...

Nier is not an LCDG....as fellow user DocDelicious defines LCDG as "anything with over-the-top action that is geared toward a younger audience". Naturally, this includes all pewpew games and PAAGGs. The definition is not set in stone, but you get the idea. These games are the Michael Bay movies, Twilight, and Justin Biebers of the Gaming world.

Fungum posted...

Please stay on topic, or are you just trolling? The only JRPGs that fit the definition would be loliRPGs I guess. In any case, leave your East VS West war out of here. We know both sides make plenty of LCDGs.

So game like CoD, inFamous, Uncharted, Halo, BF3, The next two FF games, etc.
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!
#9agrissa(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 7:41:43 PM
mogar002 posted...
Lowest common denominator? You mean like Call of Duty?

Yes, that game is the best example of a LCDG.

PAAGGpewpew posted...
Only Ass Creed Revelations but only because it was $10 new. I found out afterwards I don't like the series. They're pretty weird and clunky gameplay.

Hmmmmm no that game doesn't qualify because it actually has substance and artistic value. Remember even though it might not a fun game, it's very far from a pewpew bangbang game catering to kids.
---
#10archizzyPosted 1/20/2013 7:41:46 PM
It's like an even more depressing form of Greer. Even Greer would occasionally interject some semblance of enjoyment at some point. Agrissa is just a black hole of malcontent.
---
PSN ID: sled_dogs76
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton