The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ass Creed series probably has the worst controls in a VG ever. AC = unplayable

#1PAAGGpewpewPosted 1/20/2013 8:32:05 PM
The climbing mechanics are beyond horrible. I keep jumping to my death despite pressing the proper directions while jumping and everything.

Examples:

- grasping onto a wall and pressing x made me jump off the wall, I tried again and then it let me jump higher, instead of jumping off the wall, despite pressing the same buttons. Can't even say how many times I have jumped off to my death in these games since the climbing mechanics are beyond absurd.

- I jumped onto a ladder and I was pressing up, yet I go down the ladder instead - what the hell??

- I'm in a fight with a lot of guards, yet the game won't let me run. WTF???? Not to mention that the combat mechanics are clunky and slow as hell.

- Not control related, but how come the map marks my target in yellow, but when I get to the target, the yellow target appears elsewhere on the map? WTH???? If the yellow target isn't my target, then just what the hell is it?

I gave it my all, I tried my best to like this series, but the controls make it impossible for me to like the Ass series. How in the world is it possible to finish any of these games with the incredibly wonky controls?
#2WrestlinFanPosted 1/20/2013 8:34:02 PM(edited)
Maybe your the problem, not AC. The controls are fine.
EDIT: What am I saying? This is obviously a joke topic.
---
There should be a crossover between Regular Show and Adventure Time. Regular Time
#3Jx1010Posted 1/20/2013 8:33:32 PM
I remember I tried this game but found it dull
#4PAAGGpewpew(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 8:33:46 PM
WrestlinFan posted...
Maybe your the problem, not AC. The controls are fine.

nop

not even
#5mogar002Posted 1/20/2013 8:35:18 PM
The first game had garbage controls, the sequels are better.
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
#6Nightmare637Posted 1/20/2013 8:35:49 PM
oh no I don't know how to play the game it must be the controls.
---
PSN:Nightmare637
#7LinkMaster2703Posted 1/20/2013 8:38:35 PM
No, TC is right. The climbing mechanics are absolutely awful.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/C_Dalke
#8WrestlinFanPosted 1/20/2013 8:39:15 PM
Quote:The first game had garbage controls, the sequels are better.
@mogar002

Really? I haven't played AC in a while, but I don't remember the controls being bad. In fact the only thing I remember is that countering an attack was too easy. So much so that it pretty much broke the game and prevented me from finishing it.
---
There should be a crossover between Regular Show and Adventure Time. Regular Time
#9Devilman_AmonPosted 1/20/2013 8:41:02 PM(edited)
Most people say skip the first one and move onto the sequels

I have yet to play any of these games though outside the demos and the PSP & DS games....

What I find strange though is that in stores, they wanna charge the same price for the first game as the second....
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#10Banjo2553Posted 1/20/2013 8:41:52 PM
AC 1 did feel like it had slightly awkward controls, but they're SO GOOD in the sequels. Can't say anything about AC3 though since I haven't played it yet.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz