This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ass Creed series probably has the worst controls in a VG ever. AC = unplayable

#11PAAGGpewpew(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 9:42:01 PM
Nightmare637 posted...
oh no I don't know how to play the game it must be the controls.

during a fight, it will not let me leave. all the character is doing is backing away slowly, when I try to run away it won't let me. I was pressing R1 plus a direction, yet it wouldn't let me run in that direction. Most games let me move in a certain direction if I press the analog stick that way.

I tried jumping over a 3 foot wall and the character just jumped against the wall and jumped off of it, instead of over. Can't even tell you how many times I have had climbing deaths in these games, like jumping off the wall instead of moving up the wall.

so yeah, that's proof the controls are absolutely atrocious.

Devilman_Amon posted...
Most people say skip the first one and move onto the sequels

I have yet to play any of these games though outside the demos and the PSP & DS games....

Back when it first released I actually finished AC1, not sure how if the controls are nearly as terrible as Rev.
#12jameswintertonPosted 1/20/2013 9:45:50 PM
Greer is too stupid to handle controls aimed at casual gamers. figures.
---
psn: jrwinterton
#13ManuKesnaPosted 1/20/2013 9:47:08 PM
lolno, you just suck at it
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna
GT: ManuKesna
#14Banjo2553Posted 1/20/2013 9:47:29 PM
PAAGGpewpew posted...
during a fight, it will not let me leave. all the character is doing is backing away slowly, when I try to run away it won't let me. I was pressing R1 plus a direction, yet it wouldn't let me run in that direction. Most games let me move in a certain direction if I press the analog stick that way.

I tried jumping over a 3 foot wall and the character just jumped against the wall and jumped off of it, instead of over. Can't even tell you how many times I have had climbing deaths in these games, like jumping off the wall instead of moving up the wall.

Dude. Dude, before blaming the game, learn how it works.

For fights, if you want to leave, just press L1 to release your lock-on. Boom, you can start running.

When climbing, if you just want to jump up, make sure you're actually pushing up on the left stick before pressing X. Your character jumps off if you stay still, and press X.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#15ThePuddingManPosted 1/20/2013 9:50:57 PM
The controls are fine. Maybe you just suck at gaming. Perhaps try knitting or flower-arranging.
#16crazyman32Posted 1/20/2013 9:53:06 PM
Obvious Greer troll topic 0/10.I have no problems with the controls and it's not surprising Greer would say it's unplayable.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that.I apologize for nothing.
#17fhsfootball74Posted 1/20/2013 9:54:00 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#18crazyman32Posted 1/20/2013 9:54:04 PM
ManuKesna posted...
lolno, you just suck at it

This^ ha ha
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that.I apologize for nothing.
#19crazyman32Posted 1/20/2013 9:54:48 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#20SoliquidusPosted 1/20/2013 9:55:07 PM
TC, your opinions are beyond horrible
---
PS3 without Immersion lacks Rumble and PS3 without Rumble lacks Immersion. Finally Sony did the right thing